Misc I cant connect my ds lite to my Samsung hotspot?

Codex

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the Samsung a50, most devices including my 3ds connect fine but my dsl lite won't. If I move my sim card to my motorola phone, the ds lite can connect. So I think the problem is with my phone.

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
What security setting are you trying to use? The DS Lite is only compatible with WEP.
Nintendo Support said:
WEP Key is a security setting for your router. WEP is the only security that is compatible with the Nintendo DS Wi-Fi Connection. You will need to set your router for WEP security -- or remove security on your router -- to use the Nintendo DS at this access point.
:arrow: Full article

Last edited by smileyhead,
Reactions: banjo2

Necron

Lurking~
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I'm not using any security, it's just an unsecured and open hotspot.
Is it giving you any errors? are your dns settings correct?

Edit: wait, you mentioned if you move your sim card it'll connect. Do you have a data plan on that sim card?

Last edited by Necron,

Codex

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it giving you any errors? are your dns settings correct?

Edit: wait, you mentioned if you move your sim card it'll connect. Do you have a data plan on that sim card?

Right now, its giving me error code 51301. I do have a data plan, and I'm just using the default dns.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

The DS also only works with 802.11b so if your phone is using G or newer the DS won't be able to connect (G, N, AC, etc are all too new)

Yeah, that makes sense. Do you know how I can tell which wifi standard my phone is using or if I can change it?

Attachments

• WIN_20200101_20_06_15_Pro.jpg
    WIN_20200101_20_06_15_Pro.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 538

Necron

Lurking~
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Right now, its giving me error code 51301. I do have a data plan, and I'm just using the default dns.

Are you actually managing to connect to the internet or is it just passing the test? it could be that when you don't have the sim in, it passes the test, but when it's in, it actually tries to connect but without the especific dns settings for altwifi, you can't connect.

Last edited by Necron,

Codex

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you actually managing to connect to the internet or is it just passing the test? it could be that when you don't have the sim in, it passes the test, but when it's in, it actually tries to connect but without the especific dns settings for altwifi, you can't connect.

It's not passing the test or connecting at all. When I try and add the hotspot, my DS sees the hotspot. But when it performs a connection test, it fails and gives an error.

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
Starting out of @Pk11's reply I checked what specifications the A50 supports and indeed there are more than just 802.11b. While the phone does support 802.11b, due to how the Android hotspot settings lack any advanced options you can't really specify which specification it should use and it likely defaults to the best one.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto