Hacking I cannot figure this out - NSMBW

MizuhoChan

OP
Trophies
Website
mii.nanodesu.org
XP
Country
I've got the game obviously, I put it in my Wii and it just doesn't appear on the system menu's disc channel.

Other games I have work, yet this gives me "an error has occured, eject, etc". Gecko OS and Neogamma both result in not being able to read the disc.

I have a Wiikey, presumably 1.9s, cIOS 249 rev 17 I believe, not sure what I need for it to read it.

Crass

Rock me Dr. Zaius
Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
United States
Quite possibly it is your Wii's DVD drive going kaput. Mine has been on the fritz lately, and gets CRE's on every new backup dvd (commercial iso, or data disc with video content) I burn for it now, despite the fact I am using the same brand media (Memorex DVD-R) and they work on my sister's Wii. Odd thing is older backup DVDs and original games still load more often than not, but still get an occasion CRE. I just eject and try over and over tell it finally reads. Usually once it loads it stays loaded, but can rarely lock-up. I use USB loader exclusively now because of it.

Wack0

Trophies
XP
Country
I still use preloader 0.29, and cIOS rev 14 -- the only thing I've done recently is upgrade to cIOScorp 3.6.

Works like a charm, but I have been getting ERROR#002s on recent (2009) originals, like EA Active, NSMBW and Family Fortunes. Running these through GeckoOS works fine. I need to find out what IOS these use.

MizuhoChan

OP
Trophies
Website
mii.nanodesu.org
XP
Country
Ah well, guess I'll put the Wii away for a few more months until the new Zelda. It just doesn't make sense, every game except Mario works. I've tried 3 discs and all give me unable to read disc errors and 1142 in Neogamma.

=(

Hmm, this is odd. It read just now and I played for a few minutes, before the error has occured thing. Now it won't read again.

Anyone know anything about this error?

Crass

Rock me Dr. Zaius
Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
United States
MizuhoChan said:
Ah well, guess I'll put the Wii away for a few more months until the new Zelda. It just doesn't make sense, every game except Mario works. I've tried 3 discs and all give me unable to read disc errors and 1142 in Neogamma.

=(

Hmm, this is odd. It read just now and I played for a few minutes, before the error has occured thing. Now it won't read again.

Anyone know anything about this error?

Like I said, its more than likely your Wii's DVD drive is dying. You can replace it, or just switch to USB loading (which loads faster anyways). Your drive will act wonky, and might read games from time to time, but it will gradually get worse tell the point it wont read anything. Sadly, this is a rather common hardware problem with the Wii.
You can try running a cd/dvd cleaner disc through it a couple times. (didnt work for me tho).

xcvmvcx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Mizuho, does your Wii give you a green screen then a 002 error?

If so, you need to pop in an Ocarina code and load it up with GeckoOS.. I had this same error and it worked after I threw the code in there. Good Luck!

MizuhoChan

OP
Trophies
Website
mii.nanodesu.org
XP
Country
Nope, no green screen. It just came up with a black screen and something like "An error has occured."

Then upon restarting, it didn't recognise the disc anymore.

Upon having just got in from work, it's registering the game again. I'm fairly certain it's not the drive, since the console has been turned off since last May or something and after this didn't work, I tried 4 games, all on the system menu, all of which worked. This also works, but it's hit and miss it seems. This is only the second time it's worked.

Crass

Rock me Dr. Zaius
Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
United States
If you have access to a different Wii then try the disc in it, if that Wii has problems loading the game then your disc is probably bad. If the disc works in a different Wii, but still won't load on yours then its more than likely a hardware issue. Either that or you Wii is magical? Without knowing any further details that is the only conclusion we can come up with.

Use common sense.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Taco Saturday
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Uhh, It's 🌯 Saturday dude. :) js
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nope that for tomorrow, cinco de mayo, today is bbq chicken on the grill.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Juan's new years I forgot
    +2
    :hrth::toot::grog::grog::grog::bow: HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me :bow::grog::grog::toot::hrth:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    One day away from Juan's birthday
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only if you send him feet
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday!
    +1
    Thank You :D
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    heh I got a guy who created an account just yesterday asking me where to find mig switch roms
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    too much FBI watching this website to answer that kind of question lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Has the mig switch found loopholes without requiring game keys?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, happy birthday
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Lonely here
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Anybody?
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I want my money back... Drug test? No drugs to test but they want me to pee in a cup! Lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Better call Pedro you're up in smoke
    +2
  • C @ Clayton44333:
    hey any1 know if there is a new version of the ps4 homebrew store ?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Finally there are people here
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We're figments of your imagination
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: We're figments of your imagination +1