Hacking I can no longer see my SD card on my PC after format with 3DS.

aoisoraa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
I was following the Rxtools guide a while back and fully finished the guide and was able to put RxTools onto my 3ds successfully.

After a few days, emuNAND wouldn't boot all of a sudden after I dumped some CIA games onto the sd card.

It gave me an error about not being able to access the SD card.

I decided to just start over and format both SysNAND and EmuNAND.

This worked and I was able to get rxtools and my CIA titles back onto the 3ds using a different 64gb card.

The problem is that the 32GB micro sd card that I used on my Euro Nintendo 3ds can no longer be seen by the PC. It was a Sandisk. It's almost like the card was killed by the 3ds.

I have no idea what would be causing this. I can't use Disk Management to create a new partition because the SD card is registering as not inserted. If I try to put it in other devices, it is not detected either. I can't use any other partitioning programs either as they all report the sd card as not being inserted.

I'm also sure that my PC hardware for detecting Sd cards is not broken as I have tried it on another PC and my laptop and they both registered the SD card as not inserted.

I use a SD to USb adapter and I have two of them as well. All computers still register the SD card as not inserted regardless of the adapter I use.

Is it possible for the 3ds to damage the card with multiple formats or might it have something to do with the 3ds encryption scheme?

Also, before anyone asks, I have the lock switch off lol. It's definitely not on locked mode.

Last edited by aoisoraa,

DSpider

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
No, if partitioning programs don't see it, then... it's dead, Jim.

I read cases of people using cheap $2 no-name card readers to successfully break expensive microSD cards. Don't cheap out on the reader. I would say make sure the contacts on the microSD are clean and try a different reader. Use SDFormatter 4.0 (freeware tool). And try a different USB port, on the back of the PC, not in the front panel where it gets daily abuse.

aoisoraa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
No, if partitioning programs don't see it, then... it's dead, Jim.

I read cases of people using cheap $2 no-name card readers to successfully break expensive microSD cards. Don't cheap out on the reader. I would say make sure the contacts on the microSD are clean and try a different reader. Use SDFormatter 4.0 (freeware tool). And try a different USB port, on the back of the PC, not in the front panel where it gets daily abuse.
I tried SdFormatter but I can't even get it to detect sadly :'(

peteruk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@aoisoraa I had the same problem when i first started out in this hobby, i lost an 8gb micro sd and a 4gb microsd

I tried everything to fix them but in the end gave up and binned them

I purchased a decent quality micro sd usb reader and a new micro sd card and have not looked back since

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: These cotton candy grapes be pretty addictive