I call this an own...

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 2,599
  • Replies 26
  • Likes 2

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
Honestly, reading through the limited responses in this thread make me wonder why all the people who dislike being Americans don't move somewhere else. I mean, no one is stopping you from moving somewhere else. If you don't like the minority of people, who say things you don't agree with, ignore them. Openly dissing America though? George Washington/John Adams/Abraham Lincoln/Thomas Jefferson/James Madison are all turning over in their graves. I'm glad I have no idea what any of you anti-America Americans are talking about. Red-White-Blue!!

Oh how I wish I could put the rose colored glasses back on again. Then I could be just as complacent as you.

431unknown

VR Gaming Enthusiast
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Honestly, reading through the limited responses in this thread make me wonder why all the people who dislike being Americans don't move somewhere else. I mean, no one is stopping you from moving somewhere else. If you don't like the minority of people, who say things you don't agree with, ignore them. Openly dissing America though? George Washington/John Adams/Abraham Lincoln/Thomas Jefferson/James Madison are all turning over in their graves. I'm glad I have no idea what any of you anti-America Americans are talking about. Red-White-Blue!!

They wwouldn'tbe turning over in their graves because of that. They would be turning over in their graves at how complacent we as people have become with our own government The right to bear arms is not there so you can go shoot dinner it's there so the people can keep the government in check and fight off any invasion if need be.

Reactions: 1 person

Vulpes Abnocto

Not Dead Yet
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly, reading through the limited responses in this thread make me wonder why all the people who dislike being Americans don't move somewhere else.

You've misunderstood us. We're not anti-America; We're against the current state and mindset of America's majority. It's the America that was envisioned and fought for by Washington, Jefferson, Madison, Franklin, Adams, et al. that I want to return to. It's the sort of common sense written of by Thomas Paine that we seem to have lost. I have no intention of leaving to allow idiocy, hypocrisy, and blind nationalism to overrun my home.
Not without a fight.

Reactions: 5 people

431unknown

VR Gaming Enthusiast
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Honestly, reading through the limited responses in this thread make me wonder why all the people who dislike being Americans don't move somewhere else.

You've misunderstood us. We're not anti-America; We're against the current state and mindset of America's majority. It's the America that was envisioned and fought for by Washington, Jefferson, Madison, Franklin, Adams, et al. that I want to return to. It's the sort of common sense written of by Thomas Paine that we seem to have lost. I have no intention of leaving to allow idiocy, hypocrisy, and blind nationalism to overrun my home.
Not without a fight.
Amen brother.

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Not without a fight.

Well said Vulpes. Many of these values have just been covered up and not lost. If we don't hurry they'll probably be lost forever though. It's really quite sad. We can love what our country once stood for, but absolutely hate what it's become. Don't get me wrong, I love the USA. I love the romantic and fair ideals of men that were earned in blood sweat and tears. I love the people, the music (most of it at least) and the mix of cultures. It's when the country I love begins to rot and decay (the infrastructure is in pain) that I stand up and speak out.

EDIT: Looking at the textbooks that we've used and all the candy coated facts... I'd say it's been slowly eroding for decades now, maybe generations even.

Fear Zoa

Still Alive
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The way I see it the united states is two things.

Its an ideal, the idea of a free land where everyone can prosper and is free to celebrate whatever they want, is an amazing thought. As a country what we stand for is amazing and noble.

*snip

You mean the land that we stole from the American Indians and the land that we had China men and African slaves work for us? If thats the land you are talking about I would'nt call it free or ideal because there is nothing noble in slavery or in stealing someone else's land.
That's why I said that in practice we're nearly as noble as we claim to be. I was speaking purely of the idea we try to stand for (or tried to back in the day).
We're just as bad as any other country sometimes even worse, but the idea of a free country, that ideal country we once strived to be, that was noble.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, https://youtu.be/KaMSXIRReOo?si=2hRoijJtiwPUHXk5