I broke my MP3 Player...

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones and Media Players' started by Bobbyloujo, Oct 9, 2011.

Oct 9, 2011

I broke my MP3 Player... by Bobbyloujo at 7:43 PM (1,910 Views / 0 Likes) 21 replies

1. Bobbyloujo
    OP

Member Bobbyloujo I am a millipede, I am amazing.

United States
    ..crap :/ I decided to be smart and open it. Broke the on switch in the process. I'm really pretty upset about it... it was a Creative Zen Vision: M. It's worked wonders for me over the years... seriously, that thing was a tank. Before I even had it my brother had it for a few years and he used to take it skateboarding with him. It had been dropped on concrete so hard that chips of metal have been taken out of it! Even after that it still worked perfectly though! SO, now I gotta get a new one. Unfortunately, I have no monies at all :( I'm gonna try to work up enough money on Rewards1 but I've never gotten the much money from that site before (You can sign up under that link and help me out if you like... ;) ). Anyway, since my Vision: M was so nice to me, I might just get another one of those. OR, the next model up, the Vision: W, looks pretty sweet too. The screen on the W is bigger which would be nice for watching movies during long car trips.

I'm actually surprised at what I found inside my MP3 player though. I had no idea it had an actual hard drive and not flash memory. I always thought it was just the battery that made it so bulky!

2. Slyakin

Member Slyakin See ya suckers

United States
    That stinks.

Now get a real MP3 player. http://goo.gl/9Wr01

1 person likes this.
  3. Bobbyloujo
    OP

United States
    I don't really know much about Zunes. I googled it and I like what I'm seeing... most of it anyway. I'll consider it.

4. soulx

Member soulx GBAtemp Legend

Canada
    The Zune is pretty awesome. Especially the Zune HD. I would suggest you get it.

1 person likes this.
  5. Bobbyloujo
    OP

United States
    Holy crap those are expensive... ha, I wish I had job. It does look pretty nice though and I'm a fan of Microsoft. Oh, and I would actually prefer not to have a touch screen. Those fingerprints would drive me crazy >.< I won't base my decision off of that though.

6. Slyakin

United States
    Screen protector?

The Zune is definitely worth it. Pick one up soon, seeing as they are dis-continued.

7. Bobbyloujo
    OP

United States
    Oh yeah I guess a screen protector would be alright. I'd have to keep changing the screen protector though :P As for getting it soon... can't guarantee that :/ Nooooo monies.

8. how_do_i_do_that

Member how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

Antarctica
  9. SifJar

Member SifJar Not a pirate

United Kingdom
    You didn't mind chips of metal being missing from your old player, but some small smudges on a new one (which could be wiped off with a cloth or sleeve or something) would drive you crazy? Yeah, that makes sense... :P

1 person likes this.
  10. Bobbyloujo
    OP

United States
    bahaha x) I guess you've got a point there... but my old player wasn't new when I got it. I got it for free from my bro so I didn't really have a choice :P

11. gokujr1000

Member gokujr1000 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Australia
    Well I'm going to be unoriginal and suggest a Zune, before they sell out and there's none left. Or a basic Ipod, one of the older ones you can get at a cheap price.

12. Bobbyloujo
    OP

United States
    Well, I'm an Apple hater so I won't be getting an iPod. Also, my brother said that his friend has a Zune and it sucks... I don't know what to doooooo now :[ Ah well, I've a gotta lot of time to think about before I even get enough money.

13. Slyakin

United States
    All I can think of is a Sansa... Not too bad, I guess.

14. xist

Member xist ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ

United Kingdom
    Get a Cowon J3.

15. Bobbyloujo
    OP

United States
    Ehhh Sansas sound like crap compared to others. :/

16. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvert™

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    anythingbutipod.com has lots of reviews and such, you might find a cheaper device out there you like.

17. Nathan Drake

Member Nathan Drake Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.

Antarctica
    Just gonna mention, I've been using a Sansa Fuze 8GB for about a year and a half now, and it's done its job well. I wouldn't suggest the current version for sale by any means though. They screwed up the controls bad with those unresponsive, spastic touch controls. Thankfully, I have one that still has a little wheel on it.

18. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvert™

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    I've got a 4GB Fuze, and even though the screen has way too many scratches on it (next player I get will have an inset or flat screen, not convex) I still use it all the time.

19. BORTZ

Global Moderator BORTZ wtf, nintendo

United States
    you want this
    http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003G29OHE/ref=asc_df_B003G29OHE1737944?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=asn&creative=395093&creativeASIN=B003G29OHE

20. Nathan Drake

Member Nathan Drake Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.

Antarctica
    Agreed. My Fuze's screen could definitely look a lot better than it does, and I've barely even dropped it. It is just sort of a scratch magnet. Also, all of the black rubber like stuff has come off of the back for me. Well, it started peeling off, and I just did it the favor of exposing the pretty metal underneath the rest of the way. Outside of cosmetic issues though, it is definitely a great player. I just wouldn't plan on using it for videos too often unless you don't mind a scratched screen though.