Hacking Question I bricked my Switch while trying to enable exfat. I have a full sys restore but it isnt working?

Canna

Bad Ass Poisonous Mushroom
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OP did you hold the power button for 10 seconds to completely power off the switch?
This is not going to help him...
Until he replys we can not do sh*t,Let this be a lesson to you all.
If you have not already back up your switch ffs backup your emmc fully that means rawnand.bin boot1/0 and backup your console specific keys and or console info..
When your ready @Yaylmao there be people here that know what there talking about to help you
Please make him fully backup what he has now and his keys before he fcks something else up then were help him restore it.

Fck this sht im out :hateit:

Spoda

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If you have not already back up your switch ffs backup your emmc fully that means rawnand.bin boot1/0 and backup your console specific keys and or console info..
When your ready @Yaylmao there be people here that know what there talking about to help you
Please make him fully backup what he has now and his keys before he fcks something else up then were help him restore it.

Don't let it get to you bro.

Reactions: Canna

Yaylmao

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
then sir why did you proceed with the guide you used surely it would of asked about boot0/boot1

And a full backup would be entire emmc/nand which includes boot 0/1 which in hekate you have the option for..
Ok so no need to beat around the bush here.

In the backup folder were the rawnand.bin do a search for boot 0/1
if you do not have this you may be screwed..

But right now i would try to rcm into the hekate bootloader and goto backup and backup boot0/1
Right now incase we can recover this

hold on a second can you get into the switch software like can you get to dashboard ?
I thought everything was there.

okay so it turns out i have the rawnand split into 14 parts. Im stuck on trying to merge them into one rawnand.bin file. Could you help me with that first?

GraFfiX420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He can't even run choidujournx at this point, it runs in the console, which is not booting at this point. You need to follow the old tutorial for plain choidujour.

Canna

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought everything was there.

okay so it turns out i have the rawnand split into 14 parts. Im stuck on trying to merge them into one rawnand.bin file. Could you help me with that first?

Because of what you have said about merging the seperate parts into 1 rawnand.bin im guessing you followed my advice to restore with hekate, as the only way you can restore your nand with hekate if its a rawnand.bin and using exfat.

But please before you go any further please make sure you have a backup of your system information console keys,biskeys,tsec keys. and also backup the boot0/boot1 you do have now. all this can be done following my guide
https://gbatemp.net/threads/backup-...-your-biskeys-tseckeys-keys-txt-guide.513386/

You can skip the raw nand backup if you already have one which you do.

Resaec

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thats just unbelievable, how OP repeats and repeats and repeats "but i thought this is everything"

FFS OP, stop the bullshit and do what you are told so people willing to help you won't leave because the get frustrated with this bullshit.
Canna says make a backup of boot0, boot1, your tsec key and grab your biskeys. Do it, don't question shit, DO IT.

Once again you ppl helping him are incredible. I would loose my mind on guys like this.

Reactions: Canna

Canna

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thats just unbelievable, how OP repeats and repeats and repeats "but i thought this is everything"

FFS OP, stop the bullshit and do what you are told so people willing to help you won't leave because the get frustrated with this bullshit.
Canna says make a backup of boot0, boot1, your tsec key and grab your biskeys. Do it, don't question shit, DO IT.

Once again you ppl helping him are incredible. I would loose my mind on guys like this.

I know right ,,,
I just helped mat a user on here after he has bricked his console from a payload that corrupts your system..
i have just spent no lie most of all the day from say i dunno 2pm till about 30 mins ago on a bad connection , via remote desktop talking to him back and forth and rebuilding him a new nand image/emmc images or partition what ever you want to call it. with hacdiskmount choidujour and his system keys and old old backup what a day . i dont want ninty charging him 240 euro just to restore the file system its a fucking joke to charge him that much i was so surprised...

But anyway i stepped in and went to help him.. now this guy yay lmao is asking for help but yet doesnot want to listen guy i want to help you and everyone on here but im not waiting on you...

ya know were i am if you need me guys . i may not know it all but im here to help ..

God i wish i didnt stop smoking now i feel like i need one

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
If you make a backup while on 4.1, then update the switch to 5.1 - do you need to make another backup, or can you restore with the 4.1 backup?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you make a backup while on 4.1, then update the switch to 5.1 - do you need to make another backup, or can you restore with the 4.1 backup?
Depends, if you updated while burning fuses you must but if you did not burn any fuses while updating, then it becomes optional but recommended.

Reactions: mrdude

Canna

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

If you updated to 5.1 officially then yes make another backup
i would recommend that.
as you cannot restore your 4.1 unless you use a constant bootloader method to load old 4.1

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
OK cheers, best I do another dump then just in case something goes wrong as I updated officially to 5.1 but have an older backup and fuses have been burned since then. Thanks for the info.

Canna

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK cheers, best I do another dump then just in case something goes wrong as I updated officially to 5.1 but have an older backup and fuses have been burned since then. Thanks for the info.
dont forget to dump all your console info . and dump your system keys biskeys these are important.
and boot0/1 is always handy to backup.

Reactions: mrdude

Galaxy123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
I had the same problem with you. (I did have rawnand but no boot0 and boot1) All I did was to generate new boot0 and boot1 and following this tutorial: https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-...nofficially-without-burning-any-fuses.507461/ generated 5.1.0 files with Choidujour(not not nx) than used hacdiskmount. Then I booted up via hekate to bypass fuse check and I checked if my switch worked. Then I powered off my switch and booted cfw via hekate (I had already put the ChoidujourNX and firmware update to it) U updated to 6.2.0 exfat. Right now I'm playing SSBU ^_^ :( know the thread was last posted in Aug I just wanted to share my experience if op still had the problem.)

Last edited by Galaxy123,

giampietro

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi, I managed to convert the FW .zip but the keys I recovered from the console are incorrect and I can not proceed.

Sorry I'm confused with the conversion !!!

Grmmish

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did not read the rest of the comments so if I am repeating what someone else said, sorry. : P

Here's how it works:
THe latest firmware update back in like 4.x or something like that ALREADY HAS SUPPORT FOR ExFAT. If you have that or whichever Firmware it was and up, then dude, you already have it. Certainly if you have the latest update.
Why would you even try to "Get ExFAT working" before you try it to see that it was working just fine in the first place? But whatever. It's alright. Mistakes happen.

If you are BEFORE that specific firmware, (Again. Sorry, I do not know exactly which one is the ExFAT firmware.) you need to update to use ExFAT. THAT'S where the guide comes in. So if you are on like Firmware 2.0 then obviously you have no ExFAT support therefore the only way to get it is to update. You obviously don't WANT to update so you use the ChoiDujourNX so you can get ExFAT support WITHOUT UPDATING THE FIRMWARE.

As previously stated, if you're on the latest firmware OR ANYWHERE A MILE FROM IT, then you already have ExFAT and the only thing we can get from this post is "Oh. Thanks for your sacrifice. Now we know not to try outdated tutorials for things that are obsolete anyway else we may brick our Switch." and for that, we thank you. <3

Last edited by Grmmish,

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I did not read the rest of the comments so if I am repeating what someone else said, sorry. : P

Here's how it works:
THe latest firmware update back in like 4.x or something like that ALREADY HAS SUPPORT FOR ExFAT. If you have that or whichever Firmware it was and up, then dude, you already have it. Certainly if you have the latest update.
Why would you even try to "Get ExFAT working" before you try it to see that it was working just fine in the first place? But whatever. It's alright. Mistakes happen.

If you are BEFORE that specific firmware, (Again. Sorry, I do not know exactly which one is the ExFAT firmware.) you need to update to use ExFAT. THAT'S where the guide comes in. So if you are on like Firmware 2.0 then obviously you have no ExFAT support therefore the only way to get it is to update. You obviously don't WANT to update so you use the ChoiDujourNX so you can get ExFAT support WITHOUT UPDATING THE FIRMWARE.

As previously stated, if you're on the latest firmware OR ANYWHERE A MILE FROM IT, then you already have ExFAT and the only thing we can get from this post is "Oh. Thanks for your sacrifice. Now we know not to try outdated tutorials for things that are obsolete anyway else we may brick our Switch." and for that, we thank you. <3

*trumpvoice* WRONG!

no firmware comes with exfat as is.
nintendo has to pay royalties to microsoft for the exfat functionality. to save that money, they only ask you to install exfat once you put in a card that would usually require exfat format (anything over 32gb)

the guide he used wasn't outdated 3 months ago when he followed it either.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hi, I managed to convert the FW .zip but the keys I recovered from the console are incorrect and I can not proceed.

Sorry I'm confused with the conversion !!!

what are you trying to do and what guid are you following? maybe there's something more recent that works better.

otherwise, from thelockpick thread:
  • ChoiDujour will complain about extra keys and fail. for this just provide a key file edited to contain only the following:
    • master_key_00 = XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    • master_key_01 = XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    • [... all master_keys through the latest one required by the firmware you're trying to install]
    • header_key = XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    • aes_kek_generation_source = XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    • aes_key_generation_source = XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    • key_area_key_application_source = XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    • key_area_key_ocean_source = XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    • key_area_key_system_source = XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    • package2_key_source = XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Last edited by Clydefrosch,

Grmmish

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
*trumpvoice* WRONG!

no firmware comes with exfat as is.
nintendo has to pay royalties to microsoft for the exfat functionality. to save that money, they only ask you to install exfat once you put in a card that would usually require exfat format (anything over 32gb)

the guide he used wasn't outdated 3 months ago when he followed it either.

Oh wow! Learn something new everyday. That is frikkin hilarious about the Microsoft ExFAT supprt. XD

Alright alright. Let me REDO my post here:

If you are on the latest firmware, why even not update for ExFAT? Not like you can go any higher... XD The point was so you WOULDN'T HAVE TO UPDATE... Where is the sense in not updating if you are up-to-date? Can't update anyway so you went through all of these loops, time, effort and a bricked switch for, again, something that wasn't a problem in the first place. Well. You know. There you go. XD

Last edited by Grmmish,

giampietro

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Thanks for your answer. That passage has already been exceeded. I got stuck because following the guide in a passage with HacDiskMount makes a test of the bis keys that I extrapolated from the SBK and TSEC but they are wrong and with Biskeydump are not extrapolated.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/7EqY4iZP4iI?si=SnXrNV8JyKnbrp9j