Question I bricked my Switch while trying to enable exfat. I have a full sys restore but it isnt working?

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by Yaylmao, Aug 17, 2018.

1. Yaylmao
    OP

Yaylmao Member

Newcomer
    Jun 12, 2018
    United States
    am on latest fw and tried installing exfat support following This (https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-...tch-console-on-any-ofw-without-update.505182/) i think where I went wrong is the XCI I used? Anyway, i didnt think it would be a big deal since I have a full NAND backup saved, but when I try to restore it doesnt work.

I think the problem is that I dont have the BOOT_0 and 1 files. Would Ninty just replace it since its still covered by warranty? I mean, if I leave out the part where I was tinkering with it? If not, is there anything I can do?

Forgot to mention, the prticular problem is that it bluescreens whenever I try to boot into ofw or cfw.

Last edited by Yaylmao, Aug 17, 2018
  2. DocAmes1980

DocAmes1980 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 31, 2016
    United States
    If you're on the lastest FW then why in the hell did you follow that guide? The only reason to follow that is to get exFAT support without updating the FW.

nachuz, MAXLEMPIRA, 0000ff and 2 others like this.
  3. Canna

Canna Bad Ass Poisonous Mushroom

GBAtemp Patron
    Canna is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 14, 2018
    United Kingdom
    That guide is so confusing and kinda trashy, and being on latest system update you should have the exfat, or your system should tell you do you wish to install it..
    there was a updated method via rajkosto by using a program called choidujourNX
    But seen as it looks like you done the damage already it does not matter now.

Do you know a full nand backup emmc backup should contain boot0/1
    Thts if you backed up them in the first place.

Tell me how did you backup ?
    And do you have these 3 original files
    boot 0 boot1 rawnand.bin

4. Yaylmao
    OP

Yaylmao Member

Newcomer
    Jun 12, 2018
    United States
    Huh? I thought that was the only way to enable exfat without the use of a 64gb+ sd card. At least thats what i was told. Whats done is done, i could really use help restoring my switch back to normal.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I have the rawnand.bin but none of the boot files. I did a full nand backup via hekate so i don't why theyre missing.

5. Canna
    This message by Canna has been removed from public view by Joe88, Aug 17, 2018, Reason: Empty post.
    Aug 17, 2018
  6. magico29

magico29 GBAtemp Maniac

GBAtemp Patron
    magico29 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Aug 2, 2017
    United States
    you follow the guide if you dont want update to latest,you are on last update and you supposed to get the update as normal. you screw up yourself.do a restore nand.

7. Canna

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Jul 14, 2018
    United Kingdom
    then sir why did you proceed with the guide you used surely it would of asked about boot0/boot1

And a full backup would be entire emmc/nand which includes boot 0/1 which in hekate you have the option for..
    Ok so no need to beat around the bush here.

In the backup folder were the rawnand.bin do a search for boot 0/1
    if you do not have this you may be screwed..

But right now i would try to rcm into the hekate bootloader and goto backup and backup boot0/1
    Right now incase we can recover this

hold on a second can you get into the switch software like can you get to dashboard ?

Last edited by Canna, Aug 17, 2018
  8. Canna

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Jul 14, 2018
    United Kingdom
    You do know right that hekate at this time unless it has changed only restores nand if the sd card is in exfat and the rawnand.bin is in the restore folder inside the backup folder on the sd card

Suggest you stop messing with it , and speak to me we maybe able to recover this if you dont make it worse.

Right well seen as you are not replying and rather be messing, Im going to leave soon and this is you last chance for help from me till i return..

At this time,
    I would launch hekate paylod if you still can and use the option to backup.

Boot 0 /Boot 1

I would also use a payload called biskeysdump
    And make sure you have a copy of those.

If you are not sure of what to back up, then you may follow my guide
    https://gbatemp.net/threads/backup-...-your-biskeys-tseckeys-keys-txt-guide.513386/
    but please only follow the backup parts. at this time i do not want you to restore anything

Backup your boot/0/1
    Dump your console info, and write down or dump tsec
    Dump your biskeys

Just follow my backup guide, and do no such other untill me or another person whos willing to guide you through a nand rebuild. @rajkosto may help you or i will when i return..If you backup what you have now you may be able to recover ..As i think your just corrupt..
    And we should be using hacdiskmount along side you raw nand dump and biskeys to resotre a image to your emmc

Please backup what you have now

Last edited by Canna, Aug 17, 2018
    charlieb and Albytrozz like this.
  9. CrAzYLiFe

CrAzYLiFe Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 4, 2007
    Australia
    Australia
    I only got 1 file when i did the full nand/emmc with hekate back in june... i was under the impression it was the whole thing in one file, or i could choose to back up boot0/1 and system separately...

10. Canna

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Jul 14, 2018
    United Kingdom
    I suggest you also backup boot 0/1 But i think yaylmao just has corrupt his sys files hopefully

11. CrAzYLiFe

Newcomer
    Aug 4, 2007
    Australia
    Australia
    Im under the impression that boot0/1 are inside the 30 odd gig file that was outputted from the back up..

12. Canna

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Jul 14, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Last edited by Canna, Sep 25, 2018
    Albytrozz likes this.
  13. GraFfiX420

GraFfiX420 GBAtemp Fan

Oct 14, 2009
    United States
    You were supposed to backup boot/1 as well, in June you had to do them separately. What you can do now is follow rajkostos old tutorial for upgrading without burning fuses, choidujour.exe will generate a new boot0/1, be sure to follow every step in the tutorial exactly.

14. CrAzYLiFe

Newcomer
    Aug 4, 2007
    Australia
    Australia
    Yeah man i understand your trying to help me, but what i want to know isnt raw gpp the whole nand ? Theoreticaly should everything on the nand be there including keys etc..?

15. tides

tides GBAtemp Regular

Apr 2, 2013
    United States
    off topic but i'm on 4.1 and i dont' want to update

how do i install exfat? i am the old atmosphere installed

16. GothicIII

GothicIII GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 4, 2015
    Gambia, The
    Grab a game/xci that has the 4.1.0 update on it. Extract the update with hactool and the master keys. Copy those onto your sd. Use ChoiDujourNX to install those files. This program is handholding just make sure to mark exfat update. Profit.

17. tides

tides GBAtemp Regular

Apr 2, 2013
    United States
    i have XBC rev1 which updated my switch to 4.1 from 4.01.
    do i still need to download another xci? my switch is also already 4.1?

18. GothicIII

GothicIII GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 4, 2015
    Gambia, The
    Don't mess around if you have absolutely no clue what to do... You'll end up like the guy above. I wrote all info what is neccessary to answer your question. Now its your turn to validate the info and make research...

Canna and Deeemaa like this.
  19. Deeemaa
    This message by Deeemaa has been removed from public view by Quantumcat, Aug 17, 2018, Reason: No need for this.
    Aug 17, 2018
  20. Andalitez
    This message by Andalitez has been removed from public view by Quantumcat, Aug 17, 2018, Reason: Reply to deleted post.
    Aug 17, 2018
  21. LucaFraga

LucaFraga Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 10, 2009
    Italy
    Last edited by Quantumcat, Aug 17, 2018 - Reason: Removed deleted post quote
    BL4Z3D247 likes this.
  22. Andalitez

Andalitez GBAtemp Fan

Jul 2, 2018
    France
    Final Space
    OP, you can try generating new files using the older method

https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-...nofficially-without-burning-any-fuses.507461/

If you have some time now,I don't mind helping via PM

23. Zer0w

Zer0w Member

Newcomer
    Jul 14, 2018
    Netherlands
    OP did you hold the power button for 10 seconds to completely power off the switch?