I bought a Game Boy Micro! Next steps!!!

Discussion in 'GBA - Flashing Hardware and Software' started by Rebelde85, Dec 15, 2009.

Dec 15, 2009
  1. Rebelde85
    OP

Newcomer Rebelde85 Newbie

United States
    Hi everyone!

First of all, sorry about this thread, because sure my questions had been answered before and that might seem noob and boring to you. But I can't find this answers (there should be a sticky with this).

I just bought a GB Micro with some games and now I want to buy a flash card to play more games. Please clarify me some steps:

1 - EZ-Flash IV is the card to buy right?

2 - How do I copy the games to the card?

3 - Where do I found the games to put in the card? Are the same files that we download to play in VisualBoy?

Thanks in advance for the answers [​IMG] Hope to talk about the best and worst gameboy games in the near future

2. jesterscourt

Member jesterscourt Not Brad.

United States
    EZflash IV is your winner
    Buy a 2 GB miniSD card

You have to use some archaic software provided by the EZFlash guys to load on the games, with GB/GBC/GBA games being so darn small, with a 2 gig card you'll probably never reload it. Just fill it to the gills and be done.

3. Veho

Global Moderator Veho The man who cried "Ni".

Croatia
    Yes.

4. noon

Newcomer noon Member

United States
    Would this advice also apply to an old gameboy advance?

5. how_do_i_do_that

Member how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

Antarctica
    Of course it does.

6. noon

Newcomer noon Member

United States
  7. Veho

Global Moderator Veho The man who cried "Ni".

Croatia
    The first one won't fit into an old GBA, it's designed for the (shallower) GBA slot on the DS Lite and wouldn't reach the contacts in the old GBA or GBA SP. You can either "transplant" the electronics it into a regular GBA cartridge casing, or get the GBA version from Dealextreme ($25, free shipping). The second link is a 3-in-1 expansion pack (a rumble pack, RAM expansion, required by the Opera browser, and GBA flashcard) that only works on the DS and requires a Slot 1 flashcard as well.

8. noon

Newcomer noon Member

United States
    Thanks, its hard to catch up on things quickly without FAQ's specifically for the GBA like other sections have!

9. how_do_i_do_that

Member how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

Antarctica
    The thing about GEPs (GBA Expansion Pack), they are dependent on a slot1 to put a game on the hardware for you to use.

GBA games and flashcarts are slot2 devices. NOT all slot2 devices are GBA/SP/micro compatible. That makes it a one way street if you want to understand it that way.

10. TheWingless

Member TheWingless Wafuu~

United States
    No it will not fit, and don't plan on getting it for GBA play if you have a DS either, since it has limited GBA capability due to it's small amount of RAM.