Hacking I am having some troubles on getting my m3 real working right

Zeppelinfan1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just bought a m3ds real and have a 8 gig sandisk cart. It didn't come with a cd but i did download the new 3.3 firmware and copied it into the SYSTEM folder. But it seems as almost nothing is working. The touchscreen doesn't work except in games and dsorganize. The media player isn't working it goes to it and i can't do anything at all, which was suppose to be already on the m3 real card when bought i thought, (maybe i cant use it because i cant use the touchscreen in it, but i can't even use the arrow keys in there neither). Moonshell isn't working which i have installed multiple times for different cards, it just sits on the black screen which says dldi compatible and loading... The skins are working from the 3.3 firmware, i can see my files i added to the sd card. The built in pda doesnt work, actually it didnt even come with one (like it was suppose to) i had to download pdads, it goes there but i cant use it because the touchscreen doesn't work (so i assume it works if the touchscreen ever worked)! I have format the sd card when i bought it fat32 system. Which being an 8 gig sd card i do believe you use fat32. Some ideas here and suggestions?
I guess i will try and use some different card settings for the moonshell to see if that works. I can't even use the touchscreen on the main menu i have to use the arrow keys to go to like my files or anything.

Mark

11gardir

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Take all of the files off your card, and format it to FAT32 with Windows explorer. Inside the firmware folder that you've unzipped, you might have to go down a couple of directory levels until you find a folder called SYSTEM. Copy this straight over to your card. Then, create folders called GBA and NDS. This is where you can put homebrew and games that are .nds files. Go to http://www.handheldsources.com/M3DS/Download_M3DSR.html and download the pdads files, then copy the entire PDADS folder straight across to the root of your card. Also download the Media-Extend font and follow the enclosed instructions.

Post that, if you want to change the font to a nicer one, go here http://www.mediafire.com/?z3uxmnzznzn and copy the menu.eng into the system folder.

The emulators I believe are run through the gba expansion, but if you name the files you want to run, someone will be able to suggest a homebrew emulator.

Zeppelinfan1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am wondering why my media ex is freezing everytime i select it? And why am i to dowload the media-extend font, will this help make the program actually work?
My nds games are working, for some reason it was freezing or i was doing something wrong when i selected the nds button, i was playing the nds games through "my files" and clicking the .nds game there but now i can use the nds button to play the games.
But i can not use the touch screen at all in the main window still, why is that? I have to use the directional buttons to surf through the windows and files and i cant use any of the buttons with the touch screen. The touch screen is only working in the games. Any ideas?
Also i can see my sub folders for my mp3s that i have the mp3s in, but i cant actually see the mp3 files or movie files, any ideas there? I also installed moonshell 171+1 and i cant get it to work, what is the difference with 171 and 171+1? I am going to try and install 171 and see what happens, but as for now moonshell doesnt work at all. Now to start moonshell up, do i click the moonshell.dns file in the root directory to start it or do i just simply click the .mp3/movie file or does either one work?
I am glad i can play my nds games now but nothing else is working. I am going to try the pdads file down,oad and see if that works for me. I apprieciate the help here.
smile.gif

Mark

Xeronage

Trophies
XP
Country
8 Gig MicroSD you say? You know MicroSDHC are kinda slow at the moment? (About a third of what regular MicroSD is capable of)

Zeppelinfan1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
really? it seems to cruise through the files and folders pretty quickly. I just cant get moonshell to work. i have tried 4 diiferent moonshell rom settings.

MoonShell_g6ds.nds - reads in japanese on bottom screen and nothing happens
MoonShell_M3SD_ALT_M3 Adapter (SD Card).nds
MoonShell_M3SD_M3 Adapter (SD Card).nds
MoonShell_AUTOPATCH_Default (No interface).nds - reads in japanese on bottom screen and nothing happens
I just dont understand why moonshell doesnt work. And seems that noone is replying to these posts that seem to have the answers...lol

11gardir

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The touchscreen - remember that the m3ds doesn't have draggable scrollbars, if that's the problem.

Also, I've heard that MoonShell only works properly when booted from dsorganize (http://www.dragonminded.com/?loc=ndsdev/DSOrganize). It's got to be said I haven't tried because of the Media-Extend adaptation of it helpfully provided by M3. If it's not working, I can't say why, but it could be because of a couple of things - a) the speed of your card (what brand is it?), b) that you haven't dowloaded all of its components. Yes, do download the Media-Extend font (just below the link, it tells you where to put it.)

The speed of the MicroSD won't really affect the speed you can browse your card, because that only uses a small part of it i.e. the FAT, just the rate at which files can actually be read and information moved into the memory of the DS.

My general policy is to go to the download page (http://www.handheldsources.com/M3DS/Download_M3DSR.html) and get everything I possibly can. May I also suggest you get the cheat database and put the cheats.db (or whatever) in you system folder.

Hope this helps,

Zeppelinfan1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually nothing works on the touch screen. Only when in a game does the touch screen work. Also i did download the pdads and copied them over to the pdads folder. Well it comes up when you select pda but it doesnt do anything at all.
frown.gif
I cant touch anything because my touchscreen doesnt work except in games. I cant move beyond the top right corner where it says info / about. So i think the pdads is working but i cant use it yet. Also i am using a sandisk 8 gig card. I just formatted my card to fat32 just to play it safe (it wouldn't let me format it to fat16) Said it was too big. No touchscreen abilities still, moonshell still doesnt work it says dldi compatible and loading... and nothing happens. Only thing i can think of now is the card isn't working right (maybe because it is an 8 gig card). I can play the nds games fine and switch skins fine and move about everything ok but nothing seems to be working after trying everything i can think of.
I reinstalled firmware 3.3 and put moonshell back on here and pdads and have received the same results. Unless my m3 real card is slightly messed up but doubtful.

ANY IDEAS ANYONE?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsG-jJcrlr0