:33
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Adr990 said:
It was confirmed in a Q A (or you call it a review) that the 3DS package will include the charger dock. Because of the weak Battery.

But I don't see it coming without the AC Adapter. That would be wicked.. :S

It might even be like DryYoshi said:
"(or you maybe be able to place the ac adaptor in the dock)"
I believe that's a very readable thing, if not separated. So you don't have to unplug it all the time if you want to play it while charging.
IMO the battery will probably be slightly lower than the DSi's, and not THAT bad. The DSi also claims to have 9-14 hours of battery life, and I think maybe the 3DS will be about 7-12. Which again, not that bad. Maybe that's even too low.

gamefreak94

GBAtemps (Un)Official Illogical Poster
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ultralex said:
I think the price is a little bit to high.
But everything else is okay.
6 months to wait?
thats enough time to save up some money.
I think the 3ds will be capable of emulating the N64.
I mean,even the PSP is able to do it.
wait what? The psp can emulate the N64? When was this? Man I'm really late, i thought that the emulation sucked.

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
It does suck. it can run one or two games at a playable speed though.

But that's a really bad comparison. Nintendo knows what they're doing when they're emulating their own consoles on their own consoles. Even the GameCube could emulate the N64. If a homebrew emulator runs at half speed, that doesn't by any means mean a Nintendo-made one will.

mysticwaterfall

Streamforce Supreme Commander
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pachura said:
mysticwaterfall said:
As far as I understand it, there's a normal charger that plugs into the cradle. So you can do both.

What would be the purpose of the cradle then ?

As I understand it, the cradle is so you can just easily recharge it after coming home by just setting it down (more or less) and leave the cradle plugged in. But you could also disconnect the charger from the back of the cradle and it would be like a normal DS one. I could definitely be wrong though.

Hopefully it's not just a cradle without a sep charger. I was just remembering back how they forced you to buy the adapter for the virtual boy (yes, I know it could technically run off 6 AA's but that seemed a little pointless...)

Nepeta

:33
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Midna said:
It does suck. it can run one or two games at a playable speed though.

But that's a really bad comparison. Nintendo knows what they're doing when they're emulating their own consoles on their own consoles. Even the GameCube could emulate the N64. If a homebrew emulator runs at half speed, that doesn't by any means mean a Nintendo-made one will.

Not really. I have a PSP myself and it can run TONS of games at about 70% (although with graphical glitches and tweaked settings - they give you suggestions on the settings though to make it run the fastest) and some actually run perfectly, with no problems at all - and that's coming from a PSP Phat user, when there's a PSP slim and 3000 that can probably run the games twice as fast with less problems.

pachura

Trophies
XP
Country
Midna said:
I think since the 3DS will have inferior battery life to the DS, Nintendo just wants to make it really easy and convenient to charge. Get home, put it in the cradle. Rather than having to search for your charger and plug it in somewhere.

No, really, this sounds ridiculous. An additional clunky piece of empty plastic with a wire inside with no purpose whatsoever. I can see no added convenience over just having a regular charger plugged in a socket in my appartment full time.

mystiwaterfallHopefully it's not just a cradle without a sep charger.

Oh yes, it is.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
pachura said:
No, really, this sounds ridiculous. An additional clunky piece of empty plastic with a wire inside with no purpose whatsoever. I can see no added convenience over just having a regular charger plugged in a socket in my appartment full time.
mystiwaterfall said:
Hopefully it's not just a cradle without a sep charger.
Oh yes, it is.
How can you be so sure? It's not out yet. It's still just speculation.

And I've told you already. The cradle is there to look cool, nothing else. Like this thing. It's just a piece of plastic and a bit of wire. Why does it exist? Its only purpose is to stand between the DS and the charger, and look "cool" (arguably). Why do people buy it? Who knows? But those things seem to be all the rage these days.

mysticwaterfall

Streamforce Supreme Commander
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Veho said:
And I've told you already. The cradle is there to look cool, nothing else. Like this thing. It's just a piece of plastic and a bit of wire. Why does it exist? Its only purpose is to stand between the DS and the charger, and look "cool" (arguably). Why do people buy it? Who knows? But those things seem to be all the rage these days.

That type of thing is exactly what I'm thinking it is as well. It would be dumb otherwise, too many people play while charging.

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Brian10122 said:
IMO the battery will probably be slightly lower than the DSi's, and not THAT bad. The DSi also claims to have 9-14 hours of battery life, and I think maybe the 3DS will be about 7-12. Which again, not that bad. Maybe that's even too low.
DSi doesn't have that sort of battery life while playing retail games. It does when playing DSiware. It's been awhile since I got my DSi and I am sure it's life has degraded since I got it.

Aaliyah

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
user.qzone.qq.com
XP
Country
United States
Sterl500 said:
Brian10122 said:
DSi doesn't have that sort of battery life while playing retail games. It does when playing DSiware. It's been awhile since I got my DSi and I am sure it's life has degraded since I got it.

if the battery life can last longer , you will be more degraded . not good news.
yaynds.gif
just control it, not let it control you!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM