Hacking I am a total asswipe please help

PrestonThomas

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
So my Wii was working great I could load Wii and Cube backups. I thought there might be updates for the softmod and such so i downloaded pimp my wii and proceded to install whatever failes it said i had to have.

Sadly this has turned out into a nightmare.

The homebrew channel is upside down. anything I run wont work or if it does and need the USB or Wii SD slot to load up anything it fails. The firmware version is 4.2 and I did try to update it to see if it could see any files it needed but it just says its up to date.

Is there anything I can do to sort this mess out

PrestonThomas

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
I just found out that even orginal Discs wont load up :( .... I see the little title screen on the wii menu I click on start and I get a black screen :(

PrestonThomas

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
ok i got it to boot the batman disc (I used this to do the homebrew channel at first) the it says the files are not on the SD card but they are.

brausm08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you'll have to use bathaxx (or bannerbomb) to launch MMM so you can install a clean IOS58...then reinstall HBC.

EDIT: there's actually a feature in Modmii specifically for your new situation... 'H' from the home screen should get you to where you need to go.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You don't need to reinstall HBC, you need to reinstall IOS58.
use IOS58 installer.

If the HBC is still upside-down after that, press home button and look which IOS it's using. if it's not IOS58, you will have to reinstall HBC after installing IOS58.
It will now works fine as you installed a clean IOS for the installer.

After that, you will probably have to fix other IOS (which Pump my wii probably patched without reasons!), and installed old cIOS instead of latest.
the best way is to do it manually, or use modmii to generate files and a personal guide for your situation.

Let us know when you fixed your HBC. We will guide you from there.

As a general rule: Don't try to fix what's not broken :)
If you don't need to update, don't.
If you find something which require an update, then look how to do it correctly, don't use outdated tools or tutorials thinking it's still good. Things change quickly and guides are not always updated.

PrestonThomas

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Thanks everyone for your help. Once I got the Ios58 installed I could get my homebrew channel back to normal and then following the softmod guide that fixed all the problems. I can now play Wii and Cube backups.

I wont be using that pimpmywii anymore thats for sure.

1 thing I have to ask is when I was doing the NAND backup there was 2 bad blocks. Do I have to worry about that ?

brausm08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no worry on bad blocks.... bad blocks usually originate during the manufacturing of the NAND chip. most wii's have a few (mine has 2).... i've seen wii NANDs with more than a dozen! ....and a couple wiis with zero.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Her boob is the cause of all this current shit :angry: