I actually bought a console

omgpwn666

Guy gamer and proud!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I blame fail xbox on fail users,Ive had my xbox for 2 years and it still works,and my bros also,I take great care of my stuff. I don't want to hear this "Well I take such good care of my xbox that its surrounded by cushions and a cooler and de-duster machine that was just made in Japan and the xbox is brand new and JUST BROKE!" that's fan boy shit. I prefer Xbox over PS3 because I like the games better for 360,but mainly its the system my family plays on,the game thing is all opinion of course just like the things PS3 users have to say also.

astrangeone

Trophies
Website
www.shophandmade.com
XP
Country
Canada
Personally, I'm a portable girl. I'm usually not at home. Fall/Winter is spent at school in dorms. (Meaning no television - I do have cable in my room, but I don't see the neccessity of bringing a television into residence...) Summer is spent working, and mostly commuting to different places in the world.

So, yeah, I haven't owned a console since the NES days. I eventually did graduate to the SNES, although.

I agree with the XBOX360 thing. The hardware seems just too unreliable. My ex, however, bought both the Wii/XBOX360 and a PS3. So, she's not really a fanboy, I guess what I'm trying to say is "buy whatever you'd like to play" - but I will avoid the 360's like the plague - just because hardware failures are so common.

Panzer Tacticer

veteran human
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Prophet said:
I am having trouble digesting this... are you telling me you haven't played 20 years worth of classic-timeless-awe-inspiring console games? Ocarina of time? FF7? Wait, are you saying you've never even played the greatest system ever, SNES? I'm feeling a bit woozy, I need to step away from the computer.

No I really am NOT a fanboy as Prophet has highlighted nicely
smile.gif

PS3 = expensive machine and few interesting games.
X=Box 360 = machine with a dreadful reliability issue but games good enough that fan boys seem unwilling to crucify Microsoft over it.
Nintendo = haha we own your children now give us money dad. The Wii likely was a fluke of good timing.

I do really like my Nintendo DS. I also really like my R4DS Revolution, my way of telling Nintendo 'would it hurt you so much to require game makers provide games worth buying?'.
Hey I've bought I think at least 20 actual DS games, and most of them even though I own an R4DS Revolution. And I bought them new full price with only 2 exceptions.
But I have seen the games that get released that just scream out 'you're fucking kidding right? you want 40 bucks for that? I don't think so.'

I've had access to quite a few game systems over the years. But so many RPG classics are fundamentally flawed in thinking as I see it. A role game is something you play with funny shaped dice with 5 or so other persons around a table. World of Warcraft has nothing on D&D 4th edition although so many think 4th looks like WoW (correction, WoW looks like 4th edition eh, get it right
smile.gif
).

I have a handful of the popular must have DS titles of the RPG sort, just never gotten the urge to play them.

Prophet

Resident Black Militant
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I think you should know, you are making baby Jesus Mario cry.

I can understand someone not being a big gamer, but I wouldn't think that they'd frequent GBATEMP. For the love of god man, do you at least game on your PC?

GameSoul

youtube.com/variantdevil
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Prophet said:

I can understand someone not being a big gamer, but I wouldn't think that they'd frequent GBATEMP. For the love of god man, do you at least game on your PC?

Lol, there's millions of people who haven't owned a console in years. why are you so worked up all of a sudden?

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
Prophet said:
This is a handheld community, so really isn't that surprising
wink.gif

Panzer Tacticer

veteran human
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Prophet said:

Yeah makes ya wonder I guess:) But I have owned the Nintendo DS since 2006 and you guys usually have the news if there's any news worth getting.

As for PC gaming, yeah been active in that realm since 2000. I actually have my name in the credits of one game. But PC wargaming has always been sort of a lame replacement for the real thing (that being pushing card board for me).

Been a long time fan of Heroes of Might and Magic and Civilization over the years.

Sephi

fool
Trophies
Website
nov.us.to
XP
Country
United States
ZeWarrior said:
playallday said:
Supersonicmonk said:
The 360 is by no means underpowered
You think a system with a 500 MHz video card (it's like a X1800XL!) "powered"? I don't see how that works.

That 500Mhz video card is more powerful than the RSX.
RSX and Xenos are actually pretty similar.

Thoob

LOLmonade.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ZeWarrior said:
playallday said:
Supersonicmonk said:
You think a system with a 500 MHz video card (it's like a X1800XL!) "powered"? I don't see how that works.

However, the 8-core cell CPU on the PS3 is far more powerful than the 3-core 360 xenon CPU, hence the PS3 is more powerful overall.

bmaster154

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The PS3 IS the better machine though. The X-Box 360 and it's fucking worthless hardware that can be relied on to malfunction is an idiots choice. I don't care if the games are great, I don't buy worthless machines.

Wow, married and you can still insult other things? Damn, that wasn't expected. So, with your logic, those who buy an Xbox 360 are idiots? That's pretty rude, but you're forgiven. (What I mean is what I expected was that when you grew up, things like insulting things or saying things just as bad disappeared. Don't take it too personally, I'm just stating my reaction.)

Panzer Tacticer

veteran human
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
bmaster154 said:
The PS3 IS the better machine though. The X-Box 360 and it's fucking worthless hardware that can be relied on to malfunction is an idiots choice. I don't care if the games are great, I don't buy worthless machines.

Wow, married and you can still insult other things? Damn, that wasn't expected. So, with your logic, those who buy an Xbox 360 are idiots? That's pretty rude, but you're forgiven. (What I mean is what I expected was that when you grew up, things like insulting things or saying things just as bad disappeared. Don't take it too personally, I'm just stating my reaction.)

No, young man, we adults are still able to sling around the harsh critiques, we just refrain from telling people we don't like, that they're gay, fags, homos and other rather grade school sounding put downs.

Usually the best way to realize you're being slagged off by an adult, is you are required to read a minimum of 5000 words accompanied by charts tables and other supportive dialogue accompanied with links that will send you to supportive evidence. But I understand the attention span of most young people is fairly brief, which is likely why 'you're gay' is normally preferred
smile.gif

Now as for 'idiots' choice, I meant it. Spending a few hundred bucks on a machine, that EVERYONE knows has a 54% break down rate (likely when you are at a critical moment in your game), and is so unreliable that even Microsoft is willing to accept it's worthless by extending a supposedly great warrantee all so they can say 'no problem we'll fix it for you'. That doesn't cut it in the world of proper merchandise. I wouldn't buy a TV under those conditions, nor a stove, or a power tool. I find it alarming that X-Box fans so willingly let MS get away with this all for the love of a few titles made to play on it.

If the PS3 had this reputation, I wouldn't have bought it either.

If you want to see how we adults normally converse though, check out any popular wargaming forums out there, and start talking about Obama or Global Warming
smile.gif

Make sure you have on your thickest hide though. We don't settle for 'you're gay' and leave it at that.

Cermage

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Panzer Tacticer said:
X=Box 360 = machine with a dreadful reliability issue but games good enough that fan boys seem unwilling to crucify Microsoft over it.
Nintendo = haha we own your children now give us money dad. The Wii likely was a fluke of good timing.

more like
X=Box 360 = the only "Hi-def" console capable of piracy

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Sephi said:
ZeWarrior said:
playallday said:
Supersonicmonk said:

RSX and Xenos are actually pretty similar.

Similar yes, but the Xenos is better. It has a more flexible architecture (unified, all modern Graphics Cards today have a unified architecture) and better all around specs.

QUOTE(Thoob @ Dec 16 2009, 05:39 PM)
However, the 8-core cell CPU on the PS3 is far more powerful than the 3-core 360 xenon CPU, hence the PS3 is more powerful overall.

They aren't cores. SPEs. And its not 8, its 6 thats usable by the developers. 1 is separated for the OS and another is disabled all together. Yes the Cell Broadband Engine is more powerful than the Xenon, but for most games, that is irrelevant.

See multiplatform games. I doubt more than 1% of multiplatform games this gen will be a lot better ( or better at all ) on the PS3 vs the 360.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmHY_VnuDdE...feature=related

Watch and get informed.

WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Panzer Tacticer said:
No, young man, we adults are still able to sling around the harsh critiques, we just refrain from telling people we don't like, that they're gay, fags, homos and other rather grade school sounding put downs.

Usually the best way to realize you're being slagged off by an adult, is you are required to read a minimum of 5000 words accompanied by charts tables and other supportive dialogue accompanied with links that will send you to supportive evidence. But I understand the attention span of most young people is fairly brief, which is likely why 'you're gay' is normally preferred
smile.gif

Now as for 'idiots' choice, I meant it. Spending a few hundred bucks on a machine, that EVERYONE knows has a 54% break down rate (likely when you are at a critical moment in your game), and is so unreliable that even Microsoft is willing to accept it's worthless by extending a supposedly great warrantee all so they can say 'no problem we'll fix it for you'. That doesn't cut it in the world of proper merchandise. I wouldn't buy a TV under those conditions, nor a stove, or a power tool. I find it alarming that X-Box fans so willingly let MS get away with this all for the love of a few titles made to play on it.

If you want to see how we adults normally converse though, check out any popular wargaming forums out there, and start talking about Obama or Global Warming
smile.gif

Make sure you have on your thickest hide though. We don't settle for 'you're gay' and leave it at that.

The only thing missing from this entire post is:
lecture.gif

I applaud you.

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Panzer Tacticer said:

The PS3's failure rate isn't that far off as you want to believe. I've had a PS3 die on me, my friend's PS3 died on him as well, and on top of that, I had to pay $150 to repair mine, while my friend just bought a new one entirely.

The PS3 has at least a 10-15% failure rate, and Sony doesn't accept your warranty if you don't have a receipt, even if the console ITSELF still has a manufacturing date thats states its less than a year old. Absolutely absurd.

I don't want to get into a console war, but stop generalizing and assuming Xbox owners are 'morons and idiots'. At least if my 360 breaks, I'll get a free replacement. Can't say the same about my PS3, now can I?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, prove it