Hacking Not a noob in console hacking, but i need some info about converting games folder to pkg

Zonta85

OP
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Italy
As the title says, i'm not a total noob in hacking consoles, but this is my first time with the PS3.
I've successfully installed ps3 hen (i'd prferer a CFW cause my ps3 is a compatible one but it seems that for now is impossible to do so becaause of ps3 toolset being offline),
My bd drive is broken (it doesn't read bd movies or bd games), so i wanna know if it is possible (and how) to convert my PS3_GAME folder that i previosuly backupped to a pkg like a downloaded game from psn for the games that had just a physical release (like Tomb raider trilogy, silent hill hd collection ecc.)
i know that is possible to boot them like an ISO from mULTIMAN, but i prefere to have them in the ps3 main menu.
Any help would be very appreciated.
P.S: i own both games ;)
20220909_125030.jpg

Raku3702

Trophies
Website
www.kamowin.com
XP
Country
Spain
As the title says, i'm not a total noob in hacking consoles, but this is my first time with the PS3.
I've successfully installed ps3 hen (i'd prferer a CFW cause my ps3 is a compatible one but it seems that for now is impossible to do so becaause of ps3 toolset being offline),
My bd drive is broken (it doesn't read bd movies or bd games), so i wanna know if it is possible (and how) to convert my PS3_GAME folder that i previosuly backupped to a pkg like a downloaded game from psn for the games that had just a physical release (like Tomb raider trilogy, silent hill hd collection ecc.)
i know that is possible to boot them like an ISO from mULTIMAN, but i prefere to have them in the ps3 main menu.
View attachment 326454
Try this

xoINARIox

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
View attachment 326454
If it's just about having the games in the XMB you can use webman mod:

https://github.com/aldostools/webMAN-MOD

From personal experience I would also recommend you to convert your PS3 games from Folder format to ISO and then play them from an external hard drive. (You can use PS3 ISO Tools or PS3 ISO Rebuilder for that)

https://www.psx-place.com/resources/ps3-iso-tools.68/
https://archive.org/details/ps3-iso-rebuilder-1.0.4.1

The .pkg conversion just has too many problems (incompatibility, GameData etc.)

https://www.psdevwiki.com/ps3/CFW2OFW_Compatibility_List#S

Reactions: Eveldee and Zonta85

Zonta85

OP
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Italy
If it's just about having the games in the XMB you can use webman mod:

https://github.com/aldostools/webMAN-MOD

From personal experience I would also recommend you to convert your PS3 games from Folder format to ISO and then play them from an external hard drive. (You can use PS3 ISO Tools or PS3 ISO Rebuilder for that)

https://www.psx-place.com/resources/ps3-iso-tools.68/
https://archive.org/details/ps3-iso-rebuilder-1.0.4.1

The .pkg conversion just has too many problems (incompatibility, GameData etc.)

https://www.psdevwiki.com/ps3/CFW2OFW_Compatibility_List#S
Thanks for the info, i have successfully converted in pkg Silent Hill HD collection.
Regarding conversion from folder to ISO, why play them from an external HDD? My internal is a one Terabyte model (i've upgraded the original 160 gb), so i'm plenty of space.

Last edited by Zonta85,

xoINARIox

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thanks for the info, i have successfully converted in pkg Silent Hill HD collection.
Regarding conversion from folder to ISO, why play them from an external HDD? My internal is a one Terabyte model (i've upgraded the original 160 gb), so i'm plenty of space.
Many games require the installation of GameData......which is why it usually makes more sense to put the ISO files on an external hard drive to save storage space.
Also, it is easier to manage the ISO files on an external hard drive as you can conveniently connect it to a PC via USB.
But of course you can also install everything on the internal hard drive ......
The external hard drive is just a personal recommendation on my part:grog:

Zonta85

OP
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Italy
Many games require the installation of GameData......which is why it usually makes more sense to put the ISO files on an external hard drive to save storage space.
Also, it is easier to manage the ISO files on an external hard drive as you can conveniently connect it to a PC via USB.
But of course you can also install everything on the internal hard drive ......
The external hard drive is just a personal recommendation on my part:grog:
Thanks again for the info, you're very kind and helpful, but i need to understand something more.
For game data installation, what do you mean? In all my ps3 history "The last of" us was the only game that require me an installation from disc, and i've played a lot of games on that platform, and everything was retail in my huge collection.
There are a lot of games that need the ISO files and ALSO to install data?
P.S. i'm managing data/game transfer trough FTP, it has enough speed (pc and ps3 are both connected trough ethernet) that is better/simpler to transfer that way instead of connect and disconnect an external hard drive from ps3 to pc. :)

xoINARIox

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The GameDATA installation is required (sometimes optional) for quite a few games. Here are a few examples:
Required (GB):
  1. Assassin's Creed [1.3]
  2. Alone in the Dark - Inferno [3.78]
  3. Burnout Paradise [.4] (~400 MegaBytes)
  4. Battlefield BC [.4]
  5. Bio Shock [5]
  6. Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway [2]
  7. Civilization Revolution [.65] (~ 665.6 MegaBytes)
  8. Conan [.67]
  9. Devil May Cry 4 [4.83]
  10. Dark Sector [1.2]
  11. Eye of Judgement [1.9]
  12. Enemy Territory: Quake Wars [4.2]
  13. Fallout 3 [5]
  14. Far Cry 2 [3.5]
  15. Fight Night Round 4 [1.3]
  16. Fear [2.5]
  17. Fracture [2]
  18. GTA IV [3.3]
  19. GT5 Prologue [5.24]
  20. Ghostbusters [4]
Optional (GB)
  1. Cross Edge [4.42]
  2. Dynasty Warriors 6 [1.86]
  3. Folklore [1.04]
  4. Full Auto 2 [1.7]
  5. Genji: Days of Blade [2.14]
  6. Mobile suit gundam: crossfire [4.2]
  7. Ninja Gaiden Sigma [3.3]
  8. Time Crisis 4 [2.45]
  9. Unreal Tournament 3 [2.4]
  10. Valkyria Chronicles [3.3]
  11. Virtua Fighter 5 [2.34]
  12. Virtua Tennis 3 [3.4]
  13. Yakuza 3 [5]
  14. Super Street Fighter 4
  15. BlazBlue Continuum
  16. Tekken 6
  17. 3D Dot Game Heroes

PS3 games in ISO format usually have the best compatibility......which is why it's recommended by most people (Folder format tends to have more problems...but it varies from Game to Game)

With PKG conversions from Disc Games that require GameData, it is usually the case that you still have to install the Data......which then leads to unnecessarily wasting storage space. Therefore it actually makes the most sense to install the PSN version of the Game (if one exists)

Reactions: Zonta85

Zonta85

OP
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Italy
Yes, for psn versions i'm installing them (because of the broken bd drive i cannot play gmes that i own), but same games, and a lot of them are from Konami, didn't have a digital release, for example Silent hill downpour, silent hill homecoming, silent hill hd collection, or Metal gear solid hd collection: regarding this last one, i have the pysical disc, but on psn the games are available separatly.
Because i want just one title that can launch all of three games included in the collection, you suggest to install the iso?

jellybeangreen2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you want games in main menu and in ISO use WEBMAN MOD. The fact you want them in PKG I’d suggest you obtain the PSN version + the associated license file (RIF / RAP file). Then just install as if you obtained it through PSN. - By using the PKG you will have to install this for each game, but you won't have any contact installed when the games loads vs if you load it from disk. Other members above have given examples above. Personally I have a mix. I have games in ISO where I can. Make sure to use the latest makeps3iso and you're set.

Reactions: xoINARIox

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over