Hacking I accidently the whole system menu.

malverns

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
SO I was having some trouble with my wiimotes syncing and I was getting some errors with games not booting via the disc channel... too much cios/mios/corp etc etc installed i think.

First I used the hacks remover and then the anyregion changer to install a fresh 3.2.

I used that crafty any-title-deleter and I removed EVERYTHING except the system menu IOS's below 200.... OK so I boot back to my system menu and I had only one channel (disc) channel... Everything else was gone...

I done a system format and now im stuck...

HOW do i get back my Mii channel/shop channel/weather and news channels....

I literally just downloaded

wii-system-menu-update-PAL-v290.iso

do i just burn this like i would a wii backup at 4x using img burn?

Do i run it through 0.3 gamma002fix or can i run it through the disc channel without installing corp?

What should i do?

Sstew

GBAtemp's Grim Reaper.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Um. The Wiimote syncing can easily be fixed, Get new batteries-Use the "sync button" - or (this as worked for tons of people) - Bang on the wiimote with your hand. It normally fixes itself. Why you deleted everything is a little ridiculous.

Um you cant load that.iso on your Wii now. You dont have a launcher. Can't you get those from the Wiishop?

games2007

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kitt050383 said:
Use anyregion changer 1.1b m5 to do a downgrade again....
it will install everything again without problem...

-kitt050383

How was my avatar inappropriate, but yours wasn't?
=.=

Wiisel

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i would actually like a link the the full image in kits avatar if anyone has it
biggrin.gif
just thought i would ask whilst its under discussion

famousginni

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
... *stares blanky at image*

i don't see any....

btw .. why don't you borrow/rent a game and update your wii using that.. if your wii doesn't have the newest update.

menage730

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DID U HAVE STARFALL INSTALLED IF U DID I HEARD STARFALL STAYS IN URE NAND IF U DID U SHOULD BE ABLE 2 BOOT INTO RECOVERY MODE WITH A GC PAD HOLDING Y BURN SYSTEMMENU USING IMAGE BURN POP DISK IN IN RECOVERY MODE WAIT LIKE 5 MINUTES URE SYSTEM SHOULD RESTART LIKE IF IT WAS NEW HAD THAT PROBLEM AND THATS HOW I DID IT OH & IF U GET IT UP & RUNNING I WOULD ADVISE INSTALLING PRELOADER

SilverSurfR

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lll said:
malverns said:
What should i do?

Use the Twilight Hack to install the Homebrew Channel then use AnyRegion Changer to reinstall 3.2E. And don't go around deleting random things!

IIRC ARC only installs the sysmenu and it's associated IOS. I don't believe this will reinstall his missing channels.

My suggestion would be to sys update to 3.4 and follow a downgrade guide, and even then I'm still not sure if you'll get your channels back. Maybe news and weather for sure, but the others ???

And OP, don't go doing things when you have NO CLUE what you're doing. Going into ATD and deleting "EVERYTHING except the system menu IOS's below 200" is the equivalent of going into your windows folder and deleting "EVERYTHING except explorer.exe".

malverns

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Wiisel said:
do an update or run arc whatever you choose if you still dont have the channels give me a pm

OK, not that anyone cares as this thread got a little side tracked with "risque avatars" but I installed 3.3 from my mario kart wii disc and it installed all the original channels...

Like the guy said above me (SILVERSURFR).... the any region changer just changes the IOS etc etc and does not install any of the default channels..

THANK you everyone who helped me out

malverns

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Not a lot, just relaxing