Hacking I accidentally uninstalled IOS36-64-v1042.wad. Please help!

Awesome turtwig

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for all you help everyone! I fixed it
biggrin.gif
I just reinstalled the HBC, and it booted fine. Then the Wad manager started working, and finally I installed the wad. Thank you.

________________________________________________________________________________
So I accidentally uninstalled it in the wad manager, and I no longer get the HBC, when loaded, just restarts my Wii. I tried using the preloader to install it but the wad manager gives me (ret = -1) And so does the ios installer, by both network and wad. Any Ideas on how to fix this
frown.gif
please help, I feel stupid.

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
You might be able to fix it by using the cIOS installer and then installing IOS36 through WAD Manager. I don't know for sure though... Maybe someone can make you a WAD installer using another IOS...

MizuhoChan

Trophies
Website
mii.nanodesu.org
XP
Country
I'm really sorry, but I just have to lol.

I feel really bad for you, but I can't help it =(

The wad you have uninstalled is an official IOS wad, so I don't think it will work via wadmanager. Although I wouldn't have thought you'd be able to uninstall it, so maybe somebody can help.

mrcartman91

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
at some point we all make n00b mistakes. I did the same thing. All you need to do is find a copy of IOS36-64-v1042.wad(google around you will find it) then copy it to your sd card in the wad folder, and install it with wad manager. That's what I did and my wii has been fine. Hope you get it back on!

Awesome turtwig

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mrcartman91 said:
at some point we all make n00b mistakes. I did the same thing. All you need to do is find a copy of IOS36-64-v1042.wad(google around you will find it) then copy it to your sd card in the wad folder, and install it with wad manager. That's what I did and my wii has been fine. Hope you get it back on!
I already tried that :/ didn't work

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
but it should work, there is no reason you can uninstall a wad then not reinstall it if you still have it in the /wad directory

error -1 is generally a problem with the access to SDCARD
what's the exact error message ? do you see the WAD file list ?

kyogc

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
Awesome turtwig said:
kyogc said:
Put a retail game in and update.

So updating my Wii could fix it?
I believe so. Even you don't need the newer version, just try anyone you have, it should ask you to update. But make sure that the game and the console are in the same region.

kyogc

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
Jacobeian said:
upgrading is certainly a bad idea, check your SDCARD, it might have been corrupted
How come update is a bad idea? When you insert a disc, it will check the title between the console and disc, if there is different, it will ask to update to put the missing things back or update the older version to the newer one. In this case you can just put a game with 3.1 systemmenu and update, which will only add IOS 36 into the system if the console's firmwire >= 3.1.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://stockanalysis.com/stocks/ntdoy/market-cap/ I think they'll be alright