Gaming Hyrule Warriors

Bimmel

~ Game Soundtrack Collector ~
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Picked it up yesterday.

Dynasty Warriros was never my thing. But it's also Zelda, so i gave it a chance. Bad idea. Stupig button-mashing. Graphics like 2008. :glare:
Played it yesterday and got bored after 15 minutes.

Shitty Dialogues (shittier then your average Zelda dialogue), bad graphics and brainless repetitive. The game modes are a joke, just as the skill tree.

"Oh no! There are Gibdos raping the Deku-Tree! They can only stun you and all the other enemys does not attack so there is no real harm - but watch out, the're dangerous!!!"

*facepalm* It felt like the game was trying to drain my braincells. And it worked.

Reactions: Bonny

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
You guys were well aware of what this was -- Dynasty Warriors with Zelda skins, basically.

People are too forgiving when it comes to Nintendo games and reviewers have given this turd 8's plus even a perfect score of 5/5, what a fucking joke. :sleep:

Bvu4flK.png

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
^ha paid to give a good review much? :P
i knew this was going to be bad from the get go the minute i saw it. i was wise to keep my $$$ away from it. maybe when it's possible to use ISO i'll give it a try but until than NO F WAY would i pay for it!

Terenigma

Terenigma everywhere
Trophies
XP
Country
Glad to see people are starting to see past the "zelda" in the name and realise its an awful game. Iv said it from the start and if you want to play a GOOD game like this on the wii-u, play Warriors orochi 3: hyper. Thats the game iv got, it has almost 10x the characters, more maps, better graphics, local AND online co-op, duel mode (turning it into a 1v1 or 3v3 fighting game) and a better soundtrack.

Im amazed this game managed to do as well as it did in the reviews. I suspect it was mainly people who havent played a Dynasty warrior game and just jump on the hype train because its Zelda. Shame on you, shame on anyone who said the graphics looked good, shame on the game for not having online or a better roster of characters. FOR SHAME NINTENDO! *Plays Warriors Orochi 3*

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Glad to see people are starting to see past the "zelda" in the name and realise its an awful game. Iv said it from the start and if you want to play a GOOD game like this on the wii-u, play Warriors orochi 3: hyper. Thats the game iv got, it has almost 10x the characters, more maps, better graphics, local AND online co-op, duel mode (turning it into a 1v1 or 3v3 fighting game) and a better soundtrack.

Im amazed this game managed to do as well as it did in the reviews. I suspect it was mainly people who havent played a Dynasty warrior game and just jump on the hype train because its Zelda. Shame on you, shame on anyone who said the graphics looked good, shame on the game for not having online or a better roster of characters. FOR SHAME NINTENDO! *Plays Warriors Orochi 3*

If you dare to give this game a 3/5 or lower then the Amazon Nintendo fanboys will downvote you hard. This is why I hate them as they just keep on praising Nintendo regardless.

sentinel5000

Trophies
XP
Country
Ill keep VERY away from this "game". I mean, no online co-op??? In 2014??? For real??? What in Gods green earth were Nintendo thinking??? Sad, very sad...

Sheimi

A cute Vixen!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My take on Hyrule Warriors. I love this game and it has gotten me interested in Dynasty Warriors. I'll be looking into Dynasty Warriors as soon as I complete this game. I already completed the game with my brother on Co-Op mode and I am currently doing a single player playthrough on my profile. It is a but fun with Co-Op for a casual playthrough. But much more fun in a speedrun.

Even though no online Co-OP. But this does not bother me as my friends live a couple miles away from me and can organize a gaming night.

dwain

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I think there should have been voices of the characteres too while during the game. It's hard to follow what someone say while fighting.

Bimmel

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
People test a dynasty warriors game and complain when theres bad dialogue and story ? shocker
Shitty Dialogues (shittier then your average Zelda dialogue), bad graphics and brainless repetitive - I think that suits it well :yay:

The fact that there is no voice acting is terrible. But with dialogues like this:

Impa to blue haired girl: *manly grunt, cause she is a samurai - and the're are all grunty* Wow, you can use some awesome magic! Where did you learn that and why are terrible monsters in this area?

To myself: Wow! Now they will tell me more about that new character and I finally will now what this game is about.

Blue haired girl: *japanese like giggleing cause she looks like Sailor Moon character* Ahm.. well.. I'm a magician! And if you want to know what going on .. just fight these monsters, and maybe I will tell you! *walks away, giggleing*

I: What is this shit :creep:

Damn, can it get any more idiotic?

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
People test a dynasty warriors game and complain when theres bad dialogue and story ? shocker

This is a Zelda game you know he can't speak because Nintendo prefers that way. Metroid should have her own Dynasty Warriors game too now.

joke :P but the part that Nintendo likes them speechless is true.

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
GBAtemp shows it's awful taste yet again.

The game is fun with a lot of replayability. If you're complaining about dialogue and story for a video game (never mind a Dynasty Warriors OR Zelda game) you need to stop being so pretentious. Go read a book instead.

If you bought it not knowing it was a DW spin-off and were disappointed, good, you deserved to lose the money.

Bimmel

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
GBAtemp shows it's awful taste yet again.

The game is fun with a lot of replayability. If you're complaining about dialogue and story for a video game (never mind a Dynasty Warriors OR Zelda game) you need to stop being so pretentious. Go read a book instead.

If you bought it not knowing it was a DW spin-off and were disappointed, good, you deserved to lose the money.
To decide that eveybody on an internet forum has an awful taste, with the thread to named video game having 4 sites - that is awful. :teach:

To me, the game is not worth its money. Fighting might be fun for the first minutes, but it becomes repetitive after you used all of your 10 (?) attacks.

You might want to say: But there are different weapons for each fighter!

Sorry, but you've activated my trap card - "Limitations"! It reveals that there are only 4 weapons for Link, 2 weapons for Zelda & Impa and 3 for Lana. All the other characters have only 1 weapon to choose from, which is poor for a game of that genre.

You might want so say: But there is a skilltree with the chance to learn new attack for each weapon!

Sorry, but here is another trap card for only this reason - "Copy & Paste"! It reveals that you can only learn a very limited number of new attacks. And for the rest of the great deku skilltree: It mostly goes into stats boosts - and surprise - everybody got the same skilltree! They did not even make the names of the updates different, its all the same.

Modes do not differ that much - you fight on the same spots, with the same enemys, with almost the same goals. There is no online mode which could make the game more fun, but there is a offline coop - which drastically drain the graphics from "average" to "eyecancer"

Adventure mode is a camouflaged Story mode in an overworld with 8-bit style, there is just no story - just more missions. And a wannabe puzzling game on the world map where you can "experiment" with the nostalgia items you gain from missions - to find "secrets".

On story mode there are optional quests: Search for a Heartcontainier, a quarter piece and a skulltulla (Dont know how they name is in english, that spider thing). But here is the tricky part: Only a specific character can get these things. Link gets the Heartcontainer, but not the quarter. Impa gets the skulltulla and the quarter, but not the Container. It not only forces you to play as an character you eventually dont want to play, you even are forced to repeat missions. Now that's clever designed, and it does not feel like they are trying to stretch the game time!

And now I stop. Why? Cause I did not even touch the storybased part of the game to find enough flaws to decide for myself that this rather is a rushed game than a good one. And I let DLC out on purpose. Everyone can throw a half game out, make money, sell DLC to make the game more complete, and make even more money.

Oh, and something else. Videogames CAN totally tell a great story. But bad storys are nothing that belongs to videogames alone. Its only because people still seem to think that videogames are not a serious medium and can't compare to the others. I recommend playing something that makes you think different. :lol:

Apex

Trophies
XP
Country
To decide that eveybody on an internet forum has an awful taste, with the thread to named video game having 4 sites - that is awful. :teach:

To me, the game is not worth its money. Fighting might be fun for the first minutes, but it becomes repetitive after you used all of your 10 (?) attacks.

You might want to say: But there are different weapons for each fighter!

Sorry, but you've activated my trap card - "Limitations"! It reveals that there are only 4 weapons for Link, 2 weapons for Zelda & Impa and 3 for Lana. All the other characters have only 1 weapon to choose from, which is poor for a game of that genre.

You might want so say: But there is a skilltree with the chance to learn new attack for each weapon!

Sorry, but here is another trap card for only this reason - "Copy & Paste"! It reveals that you can only learn a very limited number of new attacks. And for the rest of the great deku skilltree: It mostly goes into stats boosts - and surprise - everybody got the same skilltree! They did not even make the names of the updates different, its all the same.

Modes do not differ that much - you fight on the same spots, with the same enemys, with almost the same goals. There is no online mode which could make the game more fun, but there is a offline coop - which drastically drain the graphics from "average" to "eyecancer"

Adventure mode is a camouflaged Story mode in an overworld with 8-bit style, there is just no story - just more missions. And a wannabe puzzling game on the world map where you can "experiment" with the nostalgia items you gain from missions - to find "secrets".

On story mode there are optional quests: Search for a Heartcontainier, a quarter piece and a skulltulla (Dont know how they name is in english, that spider thing). But here is the tricky part: Only a specific character can get these things. Link gets the Heartcontainer, but not the quarter. Impa gets the skulltulla and the quarter, but not the Container. It not only forces you to play as an character you eventually dont want to play, you even are forced to repeat missions. Now that's clever designed, and it does not feel like they are trying to stretch the game time!

And now I stop. Why? Cause I did not even touch the storybased part of the game to find enough flaws to decide for myself that this rather is a rushed game than a good one. And I let DLC out on purpose. Everyone can throw a half game out, make money, sell DLC to make the game more complete, and make even more money.

Oh, and something else. Videogames CAN totally tell a great story. But bad storys are nothing that belongs to videogames alone. Its only because people still seem to think that videogames are not a serious medium and can't compare to the others. I recommend playing something that makes you think different. :lol:

I quite agree with Tokiopop, you sound very pretentious.

I have enjoyed every aspect of the game, including the parts you've complained about. Go ahead and try to tell me that I'm wrong for enjoying them.

Also, no one is forcing you to replay any of the missions to progress in either of the two main modes. Getting heart pieces and skulltulas are little more than a reward for those who would want to do it again.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Jim Sterling usually gives company a lot of shit for putting crap games out there but he has a soft spot for Dynasty Warriors' clones so he disregarded Hyrule Warriors as such and gave it 4.5/5 (2.5/5 or 3/5 would've been more accurate). Still, he's a great reviewer nevertheless and brings up a lot of valid arguments on his Jimquisitions which he does weekly.

If Nintendo releases the soundtrack CD on Club Nintendo because the music is by far the best part of the game.

fafaffy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To the people saying the game's crap and all:
The reviews are basing the game for what it is. For a game in general, yes it may be lacking and boring. However, rating the game as a Dynasty Warriors spin off, it's amazing. I've had tons of fun playing this game. You see, my life's really busy, and at the end of the day, I want to play a fun game that doesn't require too much thinking, yet still feeling fun. This is exactly that, I can pick this up, and play 20 minutes just destroying 2000+ monsters in an awesome flashy way. I love it, and the adventure mode provides a ton of challenges for when I'm more awake.

You guys are picturing this as a full Zelda game, and that's not what this is.

Reactions: chavosaur

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr