Hacking Hykem's 5.5 iosu Exploit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NX better be alot more powerful than even the ps4/xbox one or it will fail like wii u did.
The WiiU didn't fail because it was less powerful than the ps4/xbox one. It failed because Nintendo failed to provide enough first party support (via games) in the initial 12 month run. Very few people jumped on the WiiU because it looked to be more of the same (a Wii on steroids) and there were no games at launch worth justifying the purchase. Since no one was buying the console, third party devs took their projects elsewhere.

Nintendo's mistake was assuming that their fans would be satisfied with a few mario remakes and a zelda remake for upwards of a year.

Reactions: zecoxao

Chuardo

Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
In a marketing standpoint alone, you better believe it makes a hell of a difference.

So yes, this would be a big part of it.
Yeah, go and ask the PSVita about that.

I always hate when people say "Power" when thay talk about Hardware, it's not like the Consoles have superpowers or something like that because they have more RAM or specs in general and they can shoot lasers.

Last edited by Chuardo,
Reactions: Aroth

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In a marketing standpoint alone, you better believe it makes a hell of a difference.

So yes, this would be a big part of it.

See my above post. Power alone does NOTHING. Look at the initial run of the PS3. It was marketed as being FAR more powerful than the xbox (and it had significantly more powerful hardware) but without a decent library of games people turned to the xbox because it had what they want to play.

Or look a the Vita. It is LEAGUES beyond what the 3DS is capable of, but the majority of the games are niche titles or weird ass imports. So people flock to the 3DS because it has the better library.

Reactions: tivu100

gamer4lif3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
3rd party failed because they had such under powered hardware on the wii u made it not worth the trouble to port games they made with the ps4/xbox one.

even the ps4 and xbox one have games that have performance problems.

Reactions: Maximilious

fafaffy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, go and ask the PSVita about that.

I always hate when people say "Power" when thay talk about Hardware, it's not like the Consoles have superpowers or something like that because they have more RAM or specs in general and they can shoot lasers.

(replying not just to you but everyone above)

From a marketing standpoint it does make a big difference, however I agree it's not 100% of the reason to buy a console.

Unfortunately for the Vita, the wrong games and genre's were being marketed. When people think Vita, they think weaboo games, which most people are not a fan of in the States. It got to the point where Sony lost faith, and stopped advertising and essentially killed the Vita off. It sucks because I own a vita and love it to death.

So yes, I agree that power isn't everything, however it's definitely a big portion. I've had many friends that were hesitant on buying the Wii U because they felt it was like a Wii 2, in terms of power and games. As in, it catered to the casual audience with no respect to the "real" gamers due to the hardware unable to support decent games. Obviously, this is false with games such as Xenoblade and etc.., however they had this mindset since the power of the Wii U barely surpassed last gen's, PS3.

You can read and agree with what I said, or state some other factor of why other consoles failed. It's no news that a million things can go wrong and destroy the sales of a console, but you'd be ignorant to think that power isn't a part of it either.

Chuardo

Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Ok, let's get back on topic guys.
Were is Hykem? lol
How safe really do you think is the Exploit right now? Smea just bricked his Wii U, so there's that.
Obfuscation delayed until March confirmed?

Reactions: memomo and xande333

Tappor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Were is Hykem? lol
How safe really do you think is the Exploit right now? Smea just bricked his Wii U, so there's that.

who knows
who knows
who knows

DarkKaine

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
3rd party failed because they had such under powered hardware on the wii u made it not worth the trouble to port games they made with the ps4/xbox one.
even the ps4 and xbox one have games that have performance problems.
And yet, most of these PS4/XBOne games have 360/PS3 versions, but not WiiU which can outdo both.
It's not just underpowered hardware, I just don't think Nintendo is approaching third party developers as aggressively as their competition does.
Look at the titles square enix has been pushing out on consoles. Whenever final fantasy hits a nintendo console it's either a port of one of their existing games or theatrythm or dogshit like crystal chronicles.
There are a lot of titles that could have easily been on the WiiU, Nintendo just doesn't give a fuck as long as their own stuff is turning them a profit.
We could have had GTA 5 but instead we got some table tennis game from rockstar. Not sure if this is Nintendo being family friendly and stuff but it blows.

IpsoFact0

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Dude you might as well just stop talking since you clearly don't know anything about how console sales work or their life cycles.

The ps4 and xbox one are going to be around for a while. The previous generation already lasted a good year longer than any other generation before that, and it is expected that this one will last upwards of 8 or 9 years. That means another SIX or SEVEN years before we see another sony or microsoft console. Even if it only lasts as long as a traditional console generation, that is still another 2 years before we even start to see teasers and marketing for them, and another year after that before we see the actual console on store shelves.
Yeah this whole another genration of consoles is coming soon thing is getting out of hand, no they are not. Why on earth would Sony make another console when the PS4 hasnt even begun to push its limits marketing and game wise makes no sense. This will be the longest gen ever they need time to prepare for 4k consoles.

Last edited by IpsoFact0,

MRJPGames

Pretty great guy
Trophies
Website
fizazy.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Were is Hykem? lol
http://wiiubrew.org/wiki/Special:Contributions/Hykem
Last contribution was 2 days ago, and seeing as contributing to a wiki is not a daily thing per se, I would say things are still progressing normally (his personal stuff also caused a pause in wiki contributions) So either the plan for release this month (today/tomorrow) is still the current plan, or as I interpreted his more recent posts another delay caused by his personal stuff means te release will be somewhere in February most likely.

Reactions: canariobr
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay