Hacking Hykem's 5.5 iosu Exploit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes he did. Did you miss everyone pointing out the white text?

Omg you people.

That does not say "hi I, hykem, and postponing the release until march". It says "my vacation was extended so I have more time to work on it.

In fact he said later that the extention of his vacation does not mean the release was postponed.

Reactions: josh87402

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@henn64

Posted 1/17/2016:
Gotcha! Sorry, I just wanted to annoy everybody a little. I believe it's fair after being called everything around here. "Clown" and "king of vapourware" were top notch, congrats on the insults!
For all the others, rest assured, I'm not rage-quitting nor stopping anything. I ran into personal issues that kept me away from the internet, that's all. You'll still get your exploit as promised. I'm not wasting more time on the possible boot exploit as I've decided to chase that only after releasing what I have. I'm currently working on obfuscating it for which naehrwert gave me some "funky" ideas. It will take some time to implement, but my "vacations" have been extended up to the end of February.
To compensate for the delay, expect some nice things. Check my twitter feed in about 10 minutes to understand what I'm talking about.

Posted 1/18/2016:
Aside from all that, the exploit just needs obfuscation to be released. Like I stated before, the obfuscation layers will be complex which will take time to implement properly. If any delays follow, they will be strictly related to the obfuscation of the exploit.
Also, I mentioned that my "vacations" are extended to the end of February, but that doesn't mean the exploit will only be released by then. I'm guessing it will be done quite before that, but right now it's just a matter of getting it right so Nintendo won't patch it as soon as it comes out.

Now everyone can shut the fuck up about how he said he wasn't releasing until the end of February.

Reactions: EpicLPer

henn64

I don't know what I'm doing with my life.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Omg you people.

That does not say "hi I, hykem, and postponing the release until march". It says "my vacation was extended so I have more time to work on it.

In fact he said later that the extention of his vacation does not mean the release was postponed.
March is not the end of February. Do you need a calendar? :tpi:
He said it was extended to the end of February, retracting his end of Jan. statement/promise/claim/what ever you folks are calling it. Yet 50% of you are going 'midnite releese' 'if it doesnt com out 2morrow ill rage' 'faaaake'

fafaffy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Marketing doesn't make a console good either
Not by itself, no. However no marketing is a guarantee way of having a shitty console too.

We can debate all day, but tl;dr, there's a million things that make or break a console.

henn64

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
He said it was extended to the end of February, retracting his end of Jan. statement/promise/claim/what ever you folks are calling it. Yet 50% of you are going 'midnite releese' 'if it doesnt com out 2morrow ill rage' 'faaaake'*

*Disclamer: Possible paraphrasing

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He said it was extended to the end of February, retracting his end of Jan. statement/promise/claim/what ever you folks are calling it. Yet 50% of you are going 'midnite releese' 'if it doesnt com out 2morrow ill rage' 'faaaake'

Read my post above yours. He never said he was extending the release window, just that his personal "vacations" that gave him time to work on it were extended. Then less than 24 hours later he clarified that the extension of his vacation did not equal a delay in the release.

Reactions: MRJPGames

MRJPGames

Pretty great guy
Trophies
Website
fizazy.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Read my post above yours. He never said he was extending the release window, just that his personal "vacations" that gave him time to work on it were extended. Then less than 24 hours later he clarified that the extension of his vacation did not equal a delay in the release.
That being said, unless the release is indeed tomorrow I see it as being very likely to be extended to febuary (if only because it cannot be released in january anymore XD)

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That being said, unless the release is indeed tomorrow I see it as being very likely to be extended to febuary (if only because it cannot be released in january anymore XD)

Highly doubt we will see it in the next 36 hours of course. But that still doesn't mean "end of february". Tbh I half suspect he actually is done and is just sitting back watching the drama.

henn64

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What I've been trying to say is that his end of January release...'promise' is no longer accurate. In fact, you're assuming I said that it's a definite end of Feb. when the conversation actually went this way, pay attention.
"He has since changed that till sometime before end of February."
"no, no he didnt."
"Yes he did."
"have been extended up to the end of February." *Notice how I didn't just cherry pick February and leave out the extension part
"In fact he said later that the extention of his vacation does not mean the release was postponed."

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What I've been trying to say is that his end of January release...'promise' is no longer accurate. In fact, you're assuming I said that it's a definite end of Feb. when the conversation actually went this way, pay attention.
"no, no he didnt."
"Yes he did."
"have been extended up to the end of February." *Notice how I didn't just cherry pick February and leave out the extension part
"In fact he said later that the extention of his vacation does not mean the release was postponed."
And, as I quoted, the VERY NEXT DAY he said that just because his vacation was extended did not mean he was expecting it to take that long to finish the work. That, in fact, he expected it to be done long before then.

Pachee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since this whole thread is fine being a mess....i am jumping in.

The WiiU didn't fail because it was less powerful than the ps4/xbox one. It failed because Nintendo failed to provide enough first party support (via games) in the initial 12 month run. Very few people jumped on the WiiU because it looked to be more of the same (a Wii on steroids) and there were no games at launch worth justifying the purchase.
Exactly this. All we had were a bunch of ports and another 2D Mario.

Since no one was buying the console, third party devs took their projects elsewhere.
In my opinion, after seeing what happened to the Wii, Western Third Party devs where going to move their projects somewhere else regardless of the console sales. The Wii U itself and the Nintendo Network are still Alien :shit: platforms for most developers, while both MS and Sony got a pretty robust standard in terms of hardware and online services.
Also we got the Casual :sleep: factor and the fact that most people buying Nintendo consoles are pretty much ignoring third party software nowadays :unsure: (that applies to the 3DS too) for several reasons that are not worth it to list here now.
Had the Wii U become a success, all we were going to get is another full wave of shovelware, just like it happened on the Wii. :glare:

Nintendo's mistake was assuming that their fans would be satisfied with a few mario remakes and a zelda remake for upwards of a year.
It is 2016 and Nintendo is still assuming that :rolleyes:, just look at what was and is going to be released. It is really an weird and hard to grasp situation, i see the 3DS getting amazing themes, ports of Wii U heavy hitters like Smash and Hyrule Warriors and amazing pokemon games like X/Y/ORAS/Detective Pikachu, meanwhile the Wii U gets nothing but a :shit: like Pokkén. Also more Mario games...

Last edited by Pachee,

henn64

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
And, as I quoted, the VERY NEXT DAY he said that just because his vacation was extended did not mean he was expecting it to take that long to finish the work. That, in fact, he expected it to be done long before then.
Well, this is going nowhere. My point:
It isn't tomorrow. Just sometime before end of February. That 'end of January' quote is no longer valid.
You freaked out when I quoted him, thinking I meant 'February 29th confirmed!!1'
All you did was repeat yourself when I tried to explain that you missed some context, then took the quote I posted as my own words.
Hence:
"no, no he didnt."
"Yes he did." *insert quote*

Chuardo

Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay

In my opinion, after seeing what happened to the Wii, Western Third Party devs where going to move their projects somewhere else regardless of the console sales. The Wii U itself and the Nintendo Network are still Alien :shit: platforms for most developers, while both MS and Sony got a pretty robust standard in terms of hardware and online services.
Also we got the Casual :sleep: factor and the fact that most people buying Nintendo consoles are pretty much ignoring third party software nowadays :unsure: (that applies to the 3DS too) for several reasons that are not worth it to list here now.
Had the Wii U become a success, all we were going to get is another full wave of shovelware, just like it happened on the Wii. :glare:

It is 2016 and Nintendo is still assuming that :rolleyes:, just look at what was and is going to be released. It is really an weird and hard to grasp situation, i see the 3DS getting amazing themes, ports of Wii U heavy hitters like Smash and Hyrule Warriors and amazing pokemon games like X/Y/ORAS/Detective Pikachu, meanwhile the Wii U gets nothing but a :shit: like Pokkén. Also more Mario games...
Also, the console had 0 marketing and it wasn't clear enough for some people what the Wii U really was.
I have friends that play videogames and call themselves "Gamers" that when I said to them that I was going to buy a Wii U in 2015 they were thinking that the Wii U was a Portable console or a Wii Controller.

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Basically this x1000. Also check out that article that another user linked me to a few pages back. From the sounds of it developing for the WiiU at launch (and possibly even now) was far worse than any struggles 3rd party developers had with the PS3. Clunky toolchains, slow debuggers, and last minute introductions of half-baked and mostly broken networking code/features were exasperated by a near total lack of real communication and feedback from Nintendo's hardware/software devs in Japan. The author goes as far as to suggest that Nintendo didn't really care about third party support beyond the minor potential to expand the library because they still produce first party titles (something Sony and Microsoft don't really do much of). Basically that Nintendo decided that they would make more/enough money off of first party titles that they didn't need to worry about third party support, which was undercut by their own issues with the very same tools that 3rd party developers were struggling with. This is likely the real reason that we did not see any real new titles for first party IPs like Zelda and Mario.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    These videos are soooo dry
    Please click all suspicious links sent your email
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What to do today? Cut grass for 3-4 hours, or just get drunk and play video games... Hmm
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I need a remote controlled mower, so I can sit on the couch and do both.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sounds good to me, video games and booze it is then.
    +1
  • denpafan @ denpafan:
    Good choice
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Now what to play, Starfield or Fallout4. And what to drink, beer or Whiskey and Coke. Such tough decisions.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Looks like its whiskey & coke, only 4 beers left. And think ill start with Falllout. :grog:
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    THIS IMAGE IS SO SCARY WTF. THAT SURE AS HELL IS NOT A CAT THATS LIKE A FUCKING DEMON

Untitled2.png
    Bonus points for running things over with the lawn mower?
    +1
    Monster truck Lawn Mower extreme
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    she was an apple appstore girl
    he was an uptodown boy
    He was an android boy
    She said see ya later boy lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    something something boomer and r/im14andthisisdeep "ThAt'S tHe UnFoRtUnAtE sTaTe Of OuR mOdErN sOcIeTy"
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    except they'd criticize you for having a phone in the first place lmao
    In my day we used smoke signals and liked it!!!
    +1
    5G gives you covid!! Kills bees and lets the devil control your sperm!!! *Walks away frothing at the mouth*
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    back in my day we just talked in person to communicate, and used books for entertainment, now pull yourself up by the bootstraps and develop a sense of work ethic, ya darn whippersnappers!
  • NormalCatelol @ NormalCatelol:
    "lets the devil control you sperm!!!" iwantsummadat!
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    talk about a semen demon
  • a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool:
    I got logged out of my GBAtemp account. First thing I think: "O SHIT DID I GET BANNED"
  • NormalCatelol @ NormalCatelol:
    oh noes!!!!!
    NormalCatelol @ NormalCatelol: oh noes!!!!!