Status
Not open for further replies.

josh87402

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Question (dirty piracy incoming)
Will I be able to get eShop games' files too? Just like backups? Like what happened before with Wii (wads)?

josh87402

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
When Hykem said this "In case you were afraid to deduce it from the screen I posted, yes, the hack works up to 5.5.1. However, I strongly recommend everyone to start blocking updates." (https://gbatemp.net/posts/5989199/), does it mean we can all safely update to 5.5.1?
Well, If you want maybe update it, but we are still not sure whether or not it is safe to install the update since there could be some dirty back-end stuff Nintendo is doing to prevent the exploit from working on 5.5.1 I'd suggest you wait... Maybe a bit more.

Reactions: shibi

JAWS_XS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Checking GBATemp for any interesting updates on this thread...

yeap... same stupid crap as usual

Next time I'll try to remember I have to please the "ONE" the "ONLY" Mich before I post anything on gbatemp. but this Mich might be just a little older or the same age as my kids. which would be kinda weird....

I only buy hardware after it's been opened up. I'd be willing to bet not everyone here in this thread only cares about free games.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Next time I'll try to remember I have to please the "ONE" the "ONLY" Mich before I post anything on gbatemp. but this Mich might be just a little older or the same age as my kids. which would be kinda weird....

I only buy hardware after it's been opened up. I'd be willing to bet not everyone here in this thread only cares about free games.
Still waiting for the Wii U to be the best HTPC on the market

codychaosx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question (dirty piracy incoming)
Will I be able to get eShop games' files too? Just like backups? Like what happened before with Wii (wads)?
I may not understand this correctly but someone will come shit on me if im wrong. I believe that with basically all of the keys out now. We should be able to run full game files. Im kinda hoping we can download them with something like nusgrabber and then do whatever shit we gotta do with the keys (or some sort of sig patched cfw) and then install it with an installer homebrew and boom. word.

Last edited by codychaosx,
Reactions: josh87402

josh87402

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Still waiting for the Wii U to be the best HTPC on the market
I'm sure the exploit will open up a bunch of possibilities (not only for piracy, which can't be stopped :() but also for a bunch of Multimedia homebrew that will let you to play entire movies/music connecting a USB drive/SD Card! Also including the fact that there might be some preety cool homebrew to mess around games with. There's a bright future ahead for this already preety much slowly decaying console.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I may not understand this correctly but someone will come shit on me if im wrong. I believe that with basically all of the keys out now. We should be able to run full game files. Im kinda hoping we can download them with something like nusgrabber and then do whatever shit we gotta do with the keys (or some sort of sig patched cfw) and then install it with an installer homebrew and boom. word.
I mean like with Wii, you went to some shady-looking website to grab some WAD files, and then using Wad Manager you can install/uninstall anything you crammed into the system.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

codychaosx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean like with Wii, you went to some shady-looking website to grab some WAD files, and then using Wad Manager you can install/uninstall anything you crammed into the system.
Yeah that would work for me too, I was just thinking it might be like that psn program for downloading shit off psn for ps3. (PKG Downloader I think? I can't remember :/)

Last edited by codychaosx,
Reactions: josh87402

josh87402

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
I wonder what might be the procedure to install the exploit, that has me scratching my head since it was announced...

DarkJediRey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can already grab full games from nusgrabber, but you need the ticket that is specific to the version and your console when you purchase in the eshop. basically, you just have a bunch of encrypted files without the right ticket to decrypt them

*notice how i said "purchase"...the last thing this thread needs is more talk of piracy

Last edited by DarkJediRey,

codychaosx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wonder what might be the procedure to install the exploit, that has me scratching my head since it was announced...
Super mega speculation here. but you probably launch some sort of exploit through the web browser and maybe then launch mii maker or something like laodiine but instead of loading games it loads like a hack installer or something. idfk lol

josh87402

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Super mega speculation here. but you probably launch some sort of exploit through the web browser and maybe then launch mii maker or something like laodiine but instead of loading games it loads like a hack installer or something. idfk lol
I don't know either, what I'm scared of is if the procedure is super complicated tho, hope it's just, grab an sd card, copy a bunch of files, insert it on your wiiu and the rest goes on.

NightsOwl

Pays For Avatar Art (For some reason)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know either, what I'm scared of is if the procedure is super complicated tho, hope it's just, grab an sd card, copy a bunch of files, insert it on your wiiu and the rest goes on.
I can't really think of any hack for any system that was a lot more than that.

Sometimes it requires certain games, but I think we're past that point for Wii U.

Reactions: codychaosx

Captain Crunch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Code tends to handle most of the process. Launching it is the fun part. If there is a boot exploit it would require some additional setup, same with emunand if it happens.

AmyGrrl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I wonder if the wii u will be able to play blu ray with this exploit. Would love to turn it into a home theater system.

HAHAHA! I have to say that was good for a laugh. Considering the Wii U only has a DVD Drive. Reading BluRay Discs will not be possible. But I suppose someone could write media player software for the Wii U that adds support for a portable USB BluRay drive.

Last edited by AmyGrrl,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You live in Florida, so I believe it, you guys are crazy.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    At the time I would have probably fed it people lol
    Seriously cocaine not even once lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not even once, but 100's of times
    +2
    My girlfriend at the time, she had me stay up with her all night because some how the crazy bitch had spent like 12 hours snorting 2 8 balls, didn't use any water (gotta clean your nose) so she had so much crusted in her nose I was sure she was gonna blow up her heart. I mean this was the stuff right off the boat so absolutely pure. ugghh so annoying
    Also doing like 320 dollars worth of coke in half a day lol damn it
    hmmm 360 even lol
    Well I was getting a discount so 320 is probably right
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That is cheap, I used to pay $100 for a tine.
    Tine? One gram?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sixteenth
    Also it was literally out of a kilo when I got it off the boat so absolutely pure
    Holy shiz that's a lot
    +1
    I was getting 3.5 Grams for 320 could have stepped on it and doubled my money easy lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'd be afraid to it nowdays, my heart would explode prob. I just stick beers n buds nowdays.
    I would get to drive from tarpon springs to like Miami a thousand bucks lol do that twice a week and back in 92 that was good money
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa,
    @Psionic Roshambo what are you guys talking about?
    Blew it on women and muscle cars lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty Hamster food, its pricey nowadays to keep PCs running.
    +2
    I don't do anything except cigarettes and gotta stop eventually lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'd do shrooms again if could find, and I was outside camping/fishing, and had a cooler full of beer.
    +1
    I wouldn't mind some LSD, laughing until my face hurt sounds fun lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You ever try soaper powder/qauludes? I did once and like a dumbass drank beer on top of taking, I woke up laying in my backyard in the pouring rain, it knocked me out.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: You ever try soaper powder/qauludes? I did once and like a dumbass drank beer on top of taking...