1. BothyBhoy

BothyBhoy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

i agree.....i think there are more likely sources to be raided before hykem, and theyre safe....(as far as we know)....unless hykem was about to release something spectacular, and nintendo heard about it....(in other words hykem may have been sold out)?????

Wiiare likes this.
  2. sj33

sj33 GBAtemp Psycho!

Japan
    Not as far as I'm aware, no.

Why would Smealum have not been raided, then? Or Yellows8? Or the more active people in the Nintendo scene?

Deleted-355425 likes this.
  3. iwabo

iwabo GBAtemp Regular

Lesotho
    That's not something I'd consider as breaking the law (breaking the terms of service). And it's definitely nothing that would give Nintendo or whoever else any power to get his place raided. It just doesn't make any sense from a legal point of view that any of this is true.

4. Aurora Wright
    This message by Aurora Wright has been removed from public view by Minox, Mar 12, 2016, Reason: Image only post.
    Mar 12, 2016 Show
  5. c80n

c80n GBAtemp Regular

Venezuela
    -snip-
    If you expect me to believe stories like raids without news of it after 1 day on the net or ridiculous shit like personal info being sold on the darkwebs I'm never taking my tinfoil hat off ever.

verifyvenuz likes this.
  6. BothyBhoy

@Hykem or/and @SonyUSA, could you please shed some light on this???, and what about the team that @Hykem was working with.....no word from them......don't think i believe this either. Maybe @crediar was duped or misinformed.....who knows.....

7. nolimits59

nolimits59 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

France
    But what i'm sure is that in the US, if you're bypassing a security, you're violating the copyright act, don't care if it's for homebrews or piracy, you "can't" crack a protection

Dunno, don't care, just hope is alright and pointing what everyone seems to think "hey he just broken soime protection, that's not illegal", but, yes, it totaly is.

8. crediar

crediar Possiblenator

Antarctica
    I don't know the actual reason yet, as soon as I know I'll tell you.
    The day before a detective called to confirm the address, that's when hykem who already used encrypted HDDs wiped all this stuff.
    So whatever they are looking for won't be there anymore.

9. BothyBhoy

must be different for the iphone then coz u CAN jailbreak your iphone and it is legal......but obviously this is a different case......

10. why would they phone and let you know they are coming, this is all just a pile of shit...

11. BothyBhoy

thats great news then,,,,,obviously he must have other copies in other places....

12. Aurora Wright

Aurora Wright GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Italy
    I doubt one would risk making copies knowing that the police is going to come, lol. And besides, he was cooperating with smea and yellows8, so they would have the exploit as well.

13. brienj

brienj Trying to avoid getting cancer

United States
    Of course not, wiping his HDDs is the final excuse ...

Deleted-355425 likes this.
  14. c80n
    This message by c80n has been removed from public view by Minox, Mar 12, 2016, Reason: Please post actual content.
    Mar 12, 2016 Show
  15. BothyBhoy

thats what i meant i.e. in OTHER places.....lol

16. nolimits59

nolimits59 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

France
    The Jailbreak is on the exeptions list of the Copyright Act exemtions yes (it's been 6 years now), so it's not (anymore) law breaking to jailbreak.

17. steelseth

steelseth GBAtemp Regular

Cyprus
    It doesnt matter if he broke any laws or not.
    If a woman can sue McDonald because the coffee was too hot, the law department of a multibillion dollar company can find some obscene law to get you raided.
    If Nintendo wants to push this then they could drag it out in courts for years.
    The odd thing is I would expect before resorting to this kind of measures they would first send a cease and desist letter and then take any further actions.

18. BothyBhoy

i dont think it was ever confirmed that it was smea and yellows8......but how can they arrest hykem and leave smea and yellows8 alone.....makes absolutely no sense....
    obviously if theyre working together then all parties wd have the exploit....so?????

19. Bimmel

Bimmel ~ Game Soundtrack Collector ~

Gambia, The
    I hope Hykem is alright.

20. brienj

brienj Trying to avoid getting cancer

United States
    Hykem said he wasn't working with anyone else. Why people continue to say this, I have no idea. But the only way he would have really been raided, is if he had a stolen property (i.e. devkit, official tools, etc.) he wasn't supposed to have.

21. Antonio Ricardo

Antonio Ricardo GBAtemp Fan

Brazil
    Hykem was working on PS Vita too before WIIU, maybe Sony did this.

Chuardo likes this.
  22. Lucifer666

Lucifer666 all the world needs is me

United Kingdom
    how do you guys know he got raided for his hacking stuff? for all we know it could've been something else altogether

I'm out of the Wii U scene and just have mine legit & updated cos i cant be bothered but I know he was apparently due to release an exploit that kept getting delayed or something? Anyway I hope he's alright

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - raided, Hykem,