Status
Not open for further replies.

Blakejansen

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Which of these mod chips are recommended for beginners? Most of the tutorials on YouTube use the Instinct or HWFLY.

Blakejansen

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
None are suggested for beginners, you can damage your switch during all 3 of their installs physically.
Better to buy a unpatched V1 if you have 0 soldering skill and dont have the correct tools.
Which has an easier install? I have soldering experience but I don't like to make my life harder than it needs to be. I am still about a month away from attempting this as I need to gather materials and knowledge.

A-Hacked-Soul

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Which has an easier install? I have soldering experience but I don't like to make my life harder than it needs to be. I am still about a month away from attempting this as I need to gather materials and knowledge.
They are about the same, all three require soldering to the same points almost. I had to use a microscope and monitor to solder some of the points cause they were so close.

Reactions: madisonswitch

madisonswitch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Which of these mod chips are recommended for beginners? Most of the tutorials on YouTube use the Instinct or HWFLY.
Look at a grain of salt. Then, ask yourself if you can solder something that size.

Those videos on YT are all using microscopes.

Ondrashek06

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
The only differences are mostly just the chips used to perform the hacking.

Back then, it used to only be SX core. But then the group behind these chips got arrested, and some Chinese group basically copied it and made HWFly. And then someone discovered that a specialized chip isn't needed as you can only use a commonly found and cheap Raspberry Pi 2040 chip along with a few resistors and a transistor - and that got the name Picofly.

I have no idea what Instinct chips are, tbh.

Reactions: madisonswitch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BigOnYa, it's an English spelling bee