Plermpel

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hello guys,

I just had a very hard time installing my firtst modchip in my brandnew OLED Switch.

It's a HWFLY OLED V3 (FLASHABLE) I flashed the latest firmware without problems, but now the modchip is stuck on the yellow pulsning light (training) and the console stays black.

What can I do there?

l7777

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello guys,

I just had a very hard time installing my firtst modchip in my brandnew OLED Switch.

It's a HWFLY OLED V3 (FLASHABLE) I flashed the latest firmware without problems, but now the modchip is stuck on the yellow pulsning light (training) and the console stays black.

What can I do there?
Is it a fast flash or a slow glow?

It's most likely the DAT0 adapter. You noted that you had a difficult time, you should check all your connections. Did you measure the connection points to ground in diode mode? What were the values?

Plermpel

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
It flashes yellow a few times fast when I turn the console on, than it starts pulsating slow.

Yep I double checked all the connections, they are all in range, according to sthetix tutorial.
Except ground, that is 0,01 volt, and should be 0,04 but I resoldered it and it didn't change so I think that's an error of my multimeter.

The DAT0 Adapter was easy, it was more the CLK and the CMD that took my nerves, since I don't have a microscope.

Can I measure anything with my osciloscope to troubleshoot?

Last edited by Plermpel,

Plermpel

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Just tried that, it stays on yellow pulsing light forever.

Can I just unsolder the chips wires and try if the switch on it's own still works?

Last edited by Plermpel,

HOLYFROMAGE

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello guys,

What can I do there?
hello, I am having the same issue on one of my switch. did you manage to find out the cause of the problem?

doom95

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Make a 'diagnose log' and post it here for analysis:
- Insert USB cable into switch ('up' faces AWAY from modchip, so you can read it)
- Make sure console is fully powered off (hold power button for 15s)
- Insert other end of USB cable into PC and make note of the COM port that shows up in device manager.
- Use PuTTY to open a connection to this COM port. Make sure to enable "implicit CR in every LF" in the settings.
- Press 'd' (for 'diagnose') and it should tell you to power on the switch first
- Power on switch and press 'd' again.

Paste the output here when it completes.

randomguy123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Make a 'diagnose log' and post it here for analysis:
- Insert USB cable into switch ('up' faces AWAY from modchip, so you can read it)
- Make sure console is fully powered off (hold power button for 15s)
- Insert other end of USB cable into PC and make note of the COM port that shows up in device manager.
- Use PuTTY to open a connection to this COM port. Make sure to enable "implicit CR in every LF" in the settings.
- Press 'd' (for 'diagnose') and it should tell you to power on the switch first
- Power on switch and press 'd' again.

Paste the output here when it completes.
thanks for reply, it does some glitching and ends up with "BAD00124"
here's full log: pastebin(dot)pl/view/ec8f4f1a
EDIT:
from what i've gathered browsing source, it always timeouts when receiving glitch result. It probably indicates that there's bad soldering somewhere but im quite confident its solid. Anyway, if anyone has some experience with that kind of diagnosis please let me know.
Also I'm interested how training log looks like when it goes correctly, maybe someone could share?

Last edited by randomguy123,

doom95

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
thanks for reply, it does some glitching and ends up with "BAD00124"
here's full log: pastebin(dot)pl/view/ec8f4f1a
EDIT:
from what i've gathered browsing source, it always timeouts when receiving glitch result. It probably indicates that there's bad soldering somewhere but im quite confident its solid. Anyway, if anyone has some experience with that kind of diagnosis please let me know.
Also I'm interested how training log looks like when it goes correctly, maybe someone could share?

Looks like the glitch MOSFET has little to no effect on your device. I would recheck the flex cable, make sure it's seated properly, and that the other send is properly soldered to the CPU. If all looks good, reflow the MOSFETs on the bottom of the flex cable.

Reactions: randomguy123

randomguy123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Looks like the glitch MOSFET has little to no effect on your device. I would recheck the flex cable, make sure it's seated properly, and that the other send is properly soldered to the CPU. If all looks good, reflow the MOSFETs on the bottom of the flex cable.
Hey, again thanks for your reply. I'm pretty new to this stuff so let me ask some things just to make sure I understand you correctly:
1658757284626.png

>Looks like the glitch MOSFET has little to no effect on your device. I would recheck the flex cable,
by MOSEFET you mean chip thats under 1. (pic) correct? and By flex cable u mean whether 2. is seated well enough? If yes, i cleaned it with 99% alcohol and reseated it few times just to be sure to no effect.
>other send is properly soldered to the CPU
You mean whether those soldering points are done correctly?
294964093_371257448300078_5943972739077745209_n.jpg

I'm not anywhere near being soldering master but those looks solid to me. I'll try resoldering everything soon anyway since I'm out of ideas anyway.
> reflow the MOSFETs on the bottom of the flex cable.
by that you mean resoldering chip at other side of 1.? I have another V1 cable i can try but it's in what I'd call "rough state"..

Again, sorry for asking all that stuff, but at the moment im clueless and want to get everything straight.

randomguy123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
1659391937691.png

I noticed when i unsoldered 1 & 2 points from capacitor it still tries to train (no white light). Does it indicate bad chip?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay