Hardware HWFLY Modchip stuck in training

OhItsSlick

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey there, I've ran into a weird issue with a chip install. I've used a 4th gen HWFLY OLED chip for a switch lite (which I've done before many times) and the chip LED indicates that it is training. It pulses an orange/green LED and it does this for hours on end. Has anyone seen this issue before? The switch itself works fine and I've tried factory resetting the chip which didn't help. I've installed quite a lot of chips in switches so I'm confident the issue isn't the wiring, which I've re done multiple times.

Nagaa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I had a similar problem on a oled switch with a v4 Hwfly and flashing the ChipNX firmware solved the problem

randy_w

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not dead, just their website (chipnx.com) is gone. The last firmware they posted on that website is 0.3.0 beta, but the latest one I got from my seller is 0.3.1 which came after 14.1.1 update. I'll ask my seller later to see if there's any update. If so, I'll share it here since it seems like official firmware has better compatibility with non-oled consoles.
Post automatically merged:

Just got a reply from the seller. Latest chipnx firmware is still 0.3.1, you can find it here:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/what-happened-to-hwflys-official-firmware.616529/post-9899641

Last edited by randy_w,

Mena

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey there, I've ran into a weird issue with a chip install. I've used a 4th gen HWFLY OLED chip for a switch lite (which I've done before many times) and the chip LED indicates that it is training. It pulses an orange/green LED and it does this for hours on end. Has anyone seen this issue before? The switch itself works fine and I've tried factory resetting the chip which didn't help. I've installed quite a lot of chips in switches so I'm confident the issue isn't the wiring, which I've re done multiple times.
Please get a putty log and attach it, I have still never personally seen a mariko on 0.7.1 that does not boot.
I read somewhere that it might be a bug in fw 0.7.1 and try a older one for v4 chips.
They will be fixed soon :)

Reactions: linuxares

randy_w

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the latest one available is 0.32.
Where do you get this firmware? The one my seller sent to me is still 0.31. Can you share it?

Btw seller also gave me this link:
https://pan.baidu.com/s/1qtFAMxe4DyFPvSUrzpqyAw?pwd=kc14
You can find chipnx's 0.24 and 0.31 firmware here. I tried to download them but I think the website is asking you to register with a china phone number or something, and I can't get past it. If anyone knows how to use this website, please download and share these original chipnx firmware releases.

Vladjaye

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where do you get this firmware? The one my seller sent to me is still 0.31. Can you share it?

Btw seller also gave me this link:
https://pan.baidu.com/s/1qtFAMxe4DyFPvSUrzpqyAw?pwd=kc14
You can find chipnx's 0.24 and 0.31 firmware here. I tried to download them but I think the website is asking you to register with a china phone number or something, and I can't get past it. If anyone knows how to use this website, please download and share these original chipnx firmware releases.
https://u.pcloud.link/publink/show?code=XZC9FjVZmWaF3Xyuhffhrm4T5KkRY5iyekCk
It is 0.32 link. It was obtained from sthetix.

Reactions: randy_w and Nagaa

randy_w

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thx. The version number is indeed 0.32:
1667675861696.png

This is the 0.31 firmware from my seller:
1667675903613.png

I also found this 0.32 firmware on sthetix's website. Don't see any changelog inside.

Vladjaye

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cool thank you for sharing and there is any changelog of what change with this version ?
I don't have any changelog. I did have some weird issues with my chip though. Not because of 0.32, but because of the things that happened to my OLED chip. Basically I was on hwfly-nx 0.6.0 or something and I did decide to update to 0.7.1 just because there was something like battery leak fixed on OLEDs in changelog.
So, because of being lazy, I decided to update using hwfly-toolbox to 0.7.1 - it immediately failed. Chip stopped responding to any option within the toolbox payload. On a next boot - no single LED - direct boot to OFW. I was scared that it died completely, but USB flash did help.
Sthetix recommends to use the chipNX (with a rocket) firmware because of being more stable or something. Especially on Hynix (I have Samsung though) emmc. At the end of the day I decided to flash 0.32 instead of hwfly 0.7.1 - it did work, but with really weird things happening. On NO SD screen it did never show fw version and glitching was fast, but it was taking like an extra 3-5 seconds after green light to show something on the screen. I did play with a series (10+) of reboots and I had 3 failed starts - chip would just turn green and show error on a screen, sometimes even with fancy visual artefacts. The thing is - my console did work and works flawlessly outside the weird glitching procedure. I thought it was faulty 0.32 or something, but flash to 0.31 led to the same exact results with the same issues.
Did not want to leave my console on something that unstable - flashed hwfly 0.7.1. Now everything works just perfectly - instant glitching, never any other thing like mentioned above. So, I guess, YMMV.

Attachments

• photo_2022-11-06_13-38-21.jpg
    photo_2022-11-06_13-38-21.jpg
    240.3 KB · Views: 93
  • photo_2022-11-06_13-38-20.jpg
    photo_2022-11-06_13-38-20.jpg
    261.1 KB · Views: 81
  • photo_2022-11-06_13-38-19.jpg
    photo_2022-11-06_13-38-19.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 76
  • photo_2022-11-06_13-38-18.jpg
    photo_2022-11-06_13-38-18.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 90

swutch

Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Had a similar problem, my v5 oled chip was on 0.7.1

Every 3. or 4. boot the LED looked like this:
pulsing purple, flashing orange, pulsing purple, then pulsing red and then it boots to stock firmware.
So only 3/4 successful boots.

Flashed 0.31 firmware and bootlader from the sellers gdrive.
After that, It stucked in training mode.
Flashed 0.7.1 back, but still the same.. endless training mode.
Triple checked my solder, solder was ok. tried many firmwares, and finally found a working one.
Its a special 0.31 Firmware, uploaded from my seller today.

there is unfortunately no changelog, but for whatever reason it works.

Attachments

• hwfly-0.31-p5.1-oled.zip
    94.8 KB · Views: 92

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and the morning cuz school
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Although tomorrow is Labor Day which means I won't go to class which means I'll sleep well.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    is labor day different in venezuela than in america, or did time skip that far?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It must be the 1st already
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    1st of what?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    may?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh yeah it's in September
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, yea i think its different
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ok, because here it's in september, right before the fuckin school year starts
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm...