Humble Bundle 8

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by naved.islam14, Jun 8, 2013.

1. naved.islam14
    OP

naved.islam14 Gbatemp's Official Dark Knight™

Sep 12, 2009
    Gotham
    Are any of the games good? And, do they require a graphics card? Because I *still* don't have a computer with one.

2. NicEXE

NicEXE GBAtemp Fan

Dec 6, 2009
    Cyprus
  3. naved.islam14
    OP

Sep 12, 2009
    Gotham
    Thanks, and are any of the games good?

4. Depravo

Depravo KALSARIKÄNNIT

Global Moderator
    GBAtemp Patron
    Depravo is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 13, 2008
    Purgatory
    I haven't played them all yet but the bundle is worth it for Little Inferno alone. Worth 1 cent of anyone's money.

5. naved.islam14
    OP

Sep 12, 2009
    Gotham
    Okay, thanks.

6. Luhof

Luhof Quack qwack I'm a duck.

Newcomer
    May 8, 2012
    France
    Little Inferno is really great if you like the genre.
    Dear Esther worth a little go.
    I was surprised by Hotline Miami, it's more addictive than it seems. Plus, a chipset should be enough to play it, I guess (says the man who played Portal 2 with Intel HD graphics).

7. Wii_Manic

Wii_Manic GBAtemp Regular

Feb 2, 2009
    UK
    Its worth it in my eyes, just for Thomas Was Alone.
    Manages to tell a better story with a bunch of shapes than most other games, and the guys voice is awesome.

8. Taleweaver

Taleweaver Storywriter

Dec 23, 2009
    Belgium
    Belgium
    I'm busy playing so far. Here's what I'm coming up with:

-Thomas was alone: very fun and interesting as long as it lasts. Way too short, though. And perhaps the puzzles could have been a bit more challenging.
    -Dear Esther: very beautiful, but this is more of a visual novel than a game (from what you're actually doing, it's nothing but walking around)
    -English Country tune: no idea what the idea behind this name is. It's a 2D/3D puzzle game that has levels that borrow from Kula World and others that do a variation on blockout. Minimalistic and zero story to it, and can be frustrating at time (and I'm basically still in world 3 of...about 10?), but working out a puzzle is pretty satisfying. :)
    -little inferno. Burn stuff! That's it (note: haven't played it on pc, but assume it's the same as on the wiiu version). Okay, you get the aesthetics and storyline that borrows from world of goo (it's from the same maker), so good stuff on this behalf.
    -capsized: a shoot 'm up platformer. Fun and colorful, but I can't really tell how hard it is, as I'm attempting to play it on a gamepad where it is originally for keyboard and mouse.

Haven't played the other games (I'm saving awesomenauts and hotline Miami for last), but the soundtracks of what was mentioned isn't bad at all. And you can get those with the package as well.

All in all: it's already worth every cent, and I'm not even halfway in playing those games. :)