Huawei Ascend Mate

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you think the Note 2 was big enough? If so, think again! Huawei came out with their own phablet.

Coming in with an 8-megapixel camera, 1.4GHz quad-core processor, 4050mAh battery and Huawei’s Emotion UI overtop Android Jelly Bean, the 6.1-inch Ascend Mate is an absolute monster of a phone. The Ascend Mate manages to keep up with most smartphones released over the last several months, except in one critical area. The 6.1-inch display on the Ascend Mate, the device’s stand-out feature, sports a 720p resolution. Which gives it a PPI of 240. Just over half the density of a device like the 1080p Droid DNA. We’ll have to wait until we can get a closer look, but it may make for a poor viewing experience.

:arrow:Source

Part of me is saying "ridiculous" and the other is saying "I want". Unfortunately , this may not make it out of China, but didn't fret phablet lovers. They are rumors that Samsung is coming out with the note 3 that will be a 6.3 inch phone. Maybe even Apple may get in to it. Perhaps 6.3 to maybe 6.5 inches will be the limit unless phones become bezel-less from all sides.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
This is... incredibly stupid. Unless someone uses a bluetooth headset, the size of this monstrosity completely invalidates its purpose as a phone. I mean, it's probably as big as the side of your head to begin with, c'mon Huawei!

Reactions: LightyKD

Rizsparky

Saiyan Prince
Trophies
XP
Country
I hate all these big ass phones or tablets or whatever they are. They look ridiculous. And all this time I though my iPhone was too big. :unsure:

iPhone's are considered miniature nowadays, a 4" screen is a perfect screen size for a phone, any more and portability is sacrificed let alone the juice that these devices drain

ForteGospel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
anyone thought of using those cable cords to make calls?

I have never used the phone itself to make calls... and I walk with a samsung mini 2 >.>

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
iPhone's are considered miniature nowadays, a 4" screen is a perfect screen size for a phone, any more and portability is sacrificed let alone the juice that these devices drain
1)The iPhone (before 5) was small even before these big phones, period.
2)My 4.3" screen phone works just fine for that.
3)If it means anything, this phablet has a 4050mAh battery.
4)I had a chance to see if I could fit a 7in tablet in my pocket and I can. Just like this guy.

This is... incredibly stupid. Unless someone uses a bluetooth headset, the size of this monstrosity completely invalidates its purpose as a phone. I mean, it's probably as big as the side of your head to begin with, c'mon Huawei!
5)Some text more than they talk anyway.
6)Some people don't care how big the phone is to their face.
What is this, a phone for giants?
Did you change your avatar just for this thread or was it like that before? :lol:

Ethevion

Wannabe Artist
Trophies
Website
www.lvlupart.com
XP
Country
Canada
That's why I decided not to upgrade my 4S. The screen size isn't too big, the phone isn't too heavy, and the battery is perfect for my needs.

Reactions: chris888222

Yumi

With Love<3
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Mexico
These should come with a an accessory-carrier-thingy that latches on to your side of pocket.
Silly? Of course.

But this could benefit someone with poor eyesight, or people who are indeed "giants".

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Well then you pair it with a mini Bluetooth phone thingy, so you don't have to hold the whole blackboard-sized slate of a phone to your head when you're making a call. And you can also check your messages without having to take the entire tablet out of the suitcase.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Well then you pair it with a mini Bluetooth phone thingy, so you don't have to hold the whole blackboard-sized slate of a phone to your head when you're making a call. And you can also check your messages without having to take the entire tablet out of the suitcase.
This practically negates the purpose of having the device in the first place - you might as well buy a cheapo phone and a normal tablet and you're likely to get better results, too. ;)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    the internet
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    @Psionic Roshambo i have 16 gb in my pc and i run into issues with ram more than i'd like to admit
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    I got only 8GB of RAM. But I want 32GB.
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Time to just download more ram
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah search Google
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Or, I also heard that if you use flash memory, it can act as more "RAM" at least windows tell me when I stick a flash drive into it.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It can act as a swap drive but that isn't more RAM, it's slooow.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I wish we could have 1Gbps external storage by now
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Like for micro
  • Veho @ Veho:
    New Myoo.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Yooo noice
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Looks like a Famicom handheld
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah, they were going for that.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not very good though.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm watching the review, the emulators it uses suck bawls.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Software update might improve it.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Or maybe someone will make like Emulation Station for it or something?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That counts as a software update :tpi:
    +1
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    Ello
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I can think of the design teams process another joystick and no audio or a joystick and mono audio
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "You think we can just put the speakers at the top
    ?" "NO!"
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pft stereo speakers you're fired
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pft stereo speakers you're fired +1