Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 and Galaxy Mega 5.8

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Personally, I like big screens. I wouldn't mind if LG and Google got together again and made a Nexus 5.

Well, they're mostly talking about the fact that Samsung is betting on bigger screens, since the Note and Note 2 were pretty successful, but I don't think it's the size that's "innovative". To me, it's all of the features Samsung has packed into their ROMs, and although they all sound gimmicky and I probably wouldn't use any of that much, I'm sure there's somebody who likes the features.
Well, all I see here is Samsung trying to expand their customer base to those who want a note 2 sized display but couldn't afford the actual product. Yup, the Note 2 is very expensive here. I'm sure it'll be even more in some other regions.

The reason why I say it's stupid is because Samsung is driving the "phablets" to the very extreme. If they were to introduce more Megas or what, other companies will follow suit. Soon, 5.5 inches will be the norm screen size for a phone? That's kinda ridiculous IMO (partly because I have puny Asian hands).

Zerousen

【=◈︿◈=】
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, all I see here is Samsung trying to expand their customer base to those who want a note 2 sized display but couldn't afford the actual product. Yup, the Note 2 is very expensive here. I'm sure it'll be even more in some other regions.

The reason why I say it's stupid is because Samsung is driving the "phablets" to the very extreme. If they were to introduce more Megas or what, other companies will follow suit. Soon, 5.5 inches will be the norm screen size for a phone? That's kinda ridiculous IMO (partly because I have puny Asian hands).
Despite my own puny Asian hands, I kind of like big screens myself, although carrying around my 7 inch tablet is already a pain, and I don't think one that's around 6 inches will make too much of a difference :/.

The Riolu

Emanation Pokémon
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
share your experiences, I particularly like the note 2 and its large screen (not too big mind you)
Alright, well...

- Dropped 4G LTE constantly for some unknown reason (its the AT&T one)
- Android (lost interest in it)
- Barely fit in my pocket
- Screen res is shit (lol it is)

I can agree with you, I loved the phone and all, but the dropping issues and other minor problems caused me to get the iPhone 5.
I'd rather suffer processor speed and RAM if I still get the fluidity of iOS.
Just my 2 cents.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Despite my own puny Asian hands, I kind of like big screens myself, although carrying around my 7 inch tablet is already a pain, and I don't think one that's around 6 inches will make too much of a difference :/.
Well, my hands already have quite a bit of trouble holding the Note 2. :ha:

I just hope phones won't get any bigger. The current is doing fine, it need not get bigger.

Reactions: Hikaru

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Alright, well...

- Dropped 4G LTE constantly for some unknown reason (its the AT&T one)
- Android (lost interest in it)
- Barely fit in my pocket
- Screen res is shit (lol it is)

I can agree with you, I loved the phone and all, but the dropping issues and other minor problems caused me to get the iPhone 5.
I'd rather suffer processor speed and RAM if I still get the fluidity of iOS.
Just my 2 cents.

hmm, imo that is not a very good reason not to like it. Imo ios is heavily restricted and is a closed OS compared to android; you have to jailbreak ios to get any of the features that android has which doesn't need jailbreaking at all and that is why I like android.

Also for what apple offer with their phones they are overly expensive when compared to similar efforts from samsung offer; a 64gb iphone 5 costs close to £700 compared to a note 2 with a 64gb micro sd card.

I can understand your gripe with the note 2 not fitting into a pocket but I am sure you can fit it into another wider pocket where it can be easily accessed, like a coat pocket for example.

When the note 3 comes out with a 1080p display I don't think you will be saying the screen res will be shit then. Also the amoled displays offer better, sharper colours compared to lcd screens like the iphone 5 has.

Also at&t is the worst mobile internet provider in America:
https://www.google.co.uk/?q=at&t #safe=off&sclient=psy-ab&q=at&t worst internet ever&oq=at&t wors&gs_l=hp.1.2.0l10.9272.9272.3.13457.1.0.1.0.0.0.0.0..0.0...0.0...1c.1.9.hp.WgLjmCnI3yg&psj=1&bav=on.2,or.r_cp.r_qf.&bvm=bv.45175338,d.d2k&fp=e767450e2028acff&biw=1024&bih=508
That is not really the note 2's fault is it? Maybe change providers to get a better service.

I just got the Galaxy Ace II x (Which I just unbricked an hour ago), and seeing this, hoo boy am I far behind lmao.

It's not as bad as my samsung galaxy S2. My phone is seriously outdated, it's worth pennies now but I hope to sell it by the end of this year before it's worthless, I want to sell my ipod touch as well and get a s3 or a note 2 (or even wait for a note 3).

The Riolu

Emanation Pokémon
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmm, imo that is not a very good reason not to like it. Imo ios is heavily restricted and is a closed OS compared to android; you have to jailbreak ios to get any of the features that android has which doesn't need jailbreaking at all and that is why I like android.

Also for what apple offer with their phones they are overly expensive when compared to similar efforts from samsung offer; a 64gb iphone 5 costs close to £700 compared to a note 2 with a 64gb micro sd card.

I can understand your gripe with the note 2 not fitting into a pocket but I am sure you can fit it into another wider pocket where it can be easily accessed, like a coat pocket for example.

When the note 3 comes out with a 1080p display I don't think you will be saying the screen res will be shit then. Also the amoled displays offer better, sharper colours compared to lcd screens like the iphone 5 has.

Also at&t is the worst mobile internet provider in America:
https://www.google.co.uk/?q=at&t #safe=off&sclient=psy-ab&q=at&t worst internet ever&oq=at&t wors&gs_l=hp.1.2.0l10.9272.9272.3.13457.1.0.1.0.0.0.0.0..0.0...0.0...1c.1.9.hp.WgLjmCnI3yg&psj=1&bav=on.2,or.r_cp.r_qf.&bvm=bv.45175338,d.d2k&fp=e767450e2028acff&biw=1024&bih=508
That is not really the note 2's fault is it? Maybe change providers to get a better service.

I fully understand that you enjoy your phone, but I'd like to elaborate on what I said earlier:

- The internet doesn't drop for me on my iPhone 5. I love AT&T, it's great for a single-line plan and it provides the data I need.

- I don't have a problem with iOS. I prefer elegance and smoothness in my mobile OS, even if I have to throw away the ability to customize.

- The size is still not me. It's just a little too big than the phone I had before (Galaxy Nexus) and I really don't like that size.

I guess it's all just ending up in opinion and experience. That's all, other than the specs, the iPhone 5 works for me.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
I fully understand that you enjoy your phone, but I'd like to elaborate on what I said earlier:

- The internet doesn't drop for me on my iPhone 5. I love AT&T, it's great for a single-line plan and it provides the data I need.

- I don't have a problem with iOS. I prefer elegance and smoothness in my mobile OS, even if I have to throw away the ability to customize.

- The size is still not me. It's just a little too big than the phone I had before (Galaxy Nexus) and I really don't like that size.

I guess it's all just ending up in opinion and experience. That's all, other than the specs, the iPhone 5 works for me.

fair enough, you're entitled to your personal opinion.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: idk how hot of a take this is, but science as a subject sucks