b1gj4v

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi

My sister in law has a HTC Wildfire mobile phone, she use to connect to my router, i even connected it for her, and out of the blue the connection dropped. It was working fine though before hand.

I have a belkin wireless n1 router. security wpa/wpa-2 (something like that ) its even gone back for repair, they have put in new wireless part in the phone, it picks the wifi up, connect to it, insert password and then when obtaining ip address after that it just doesn't want to know. Just disconnects and then goes back to Connecting and carries on.

Android Version: 2.2.1

Once the phone was updated from previous Android Version the WI-FI stopped working, been in for repair twice, they said its working fine and sent it back. What can i do now? Downgrade? Lost for idea's now
frown.gif

Thanks

b1gj4v

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Terminator02 said:
this happened to me once before, it turned out the router was set up to refuse connection with my phone, had to fix it in the router's settings

what did you exactly fix in the router settings? can you please elaborate on this.

it is working on 2 other routers, it tries obtaining IP address from my router then disconnects

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
Check in the router's settings if you're turned "MAC filtering" on. This security setting ony lets specific devices on an allowed list connect to the router. I don't recommend turning it off but you can add your sister's phone's MAC address to the approved list if this turns out to be the case (you can find it in settings> about phone> hardware info))

b1gj4v

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Terminator02 said:
it was just in the router's access settings, it's different for every router, but it should be locally installed software on a PC that talks to it

does not make sense.

QUOTE(Psyfira @ Jul 24 2011, 05:33 PM) Check in the router's settings if you're turned "MAC filtering" on. This security setting ony lets specific devices on an allowed list connect to the router. I don't recommend turning it off but you can add your sister's phone's MAC address to the approved list if this turns out to be the case (you can find it in settings> about phone> hardware info))

i will try that, i just hope it doesn't affect other devices that are connected to my router. Just tried it and still doesnt connect just does the same thing over and over again
frown.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    True, everything almost double nowadays
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    But I could go to Aldis and get a cookie pie for like $4
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or use your new cooking pan and make some, don't mind the Old leftover foods mixed in.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just eat plain flour around cops
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    thats Gluten abuse, they would shoot you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends on the color chart
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Wheat flour has a lower chance at survival
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Isn't wheat flour the whitest of the white?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Rye would get shot at sight.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends
    img_5941-1.jpeg
    everyone mixing their flour now days
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That's whole wheat, right? Because all purpose flour is also made from wheat.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm not a flour expert I just snort it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There also is black rice flour, and its really black colored
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Bruh that's gray.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's ancientboi color
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    You need to add some activated charcoal.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've seen some that are dark dark, my wifey uses it sometimes in her bs recipes
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Cool.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Seems like your wifey likes hers black. :creep:
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "BS" stands for "Bowel Scraping" because that's what whole grain does.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been eating honey wheat bread scrumptious
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    https://a.co/d/9xDkOHc lol living on the edge
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://a.co/d/9xDkOHc lol living on the edge