HTC Wildfire WI-FI Problems

Discussion in 'Android' started by b1gj4v, Jul 23, 2011.

Jul 23, 2011

HTC Wildfire WI-FI Problems by b1gj4v at 11:37 PM (904 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. b1gj4v
    OP

Newcomer b1gj4v Member

United States
    Hi

My sister in law has a HTC Wildfire mobile phone, she use to connect to my router, i even connected it for her, and out of the blue the connection dropped. It was working fine though before hand.

I have a belkin wireless n1 router. security wpa/wpa-2 (something like that ) its even gone back for repair, they have put in new wireless part in the phone, it picks the wifi up, connect to it, insert password and then when obtaining ip address after that it just doesn't want to know. Just disconnects and then goes back to Connecting and carries on.

Android Version: 2.2.1

Once the phone was updated from previous Android Version the WI-FI stopped working, been in for repair twice, they said its working fine and sent it back. What can i do now? Downgrade? Lost for idea's now [​IMG]

Thanks

2. Terminator02

Member Terminator02 ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ

United States
    this happened to me once before, it turned out the router was set up to refuse connection with my phone, had to fix it in the router's settings

3. b1gj4v
    OP

Newcomer b1gj4v Member

United States
    what did you exactly fix in the router settings? can you please elaborate on this.

it is working on 2 other routers, it tries obtaining IP address from my router then disconnects

4. Terminator02

Member Terminator02 ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ

United States
    it was just in the router's access settings, it's different for every router, but it should be locally installed software on a PC that talks to it

5. Psyfira

Member Psyfira Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue

United Kingdom
    Check in the router's settings if you're turned "MAC filtering" on. This security setting ony lets specific devices on an allowed list connect to the router. I don't recommend turning it off but you can add your sister's phone's MAC address to the approved list if this turns out to be the case (you can find it in settings> about phone> hardware info))

6. b1gj4v
    OP

Newcomer b1gj4v Member

United States
    i will try that, i just hope it doesn't affect other devices that are connected to my router. Just tried it and still doesnt connect just does the same thing over and over again [​IMG]