Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
11x0412htcsensation.jpg
We've known about the so-called HTC Pyramid for months, long before the Vodafone leak this morning. Now the long-rumored Android phone is official and coming to T-Mobile under the moniker HTC Sensation 4G. As expected, it matches many of the EVO 3D's specs, including a 4.3-inch (540 x 960) Super LCD screen, dual-core 1.2GHz Snapdragon processor, and Android Gingerbread (2.3) with Sense 3.0. But it one ups the 3D handset by bumping the rear lens' resolution to 8 megapixels, throwing in a second LED flash, and speeding up the video frame rate to 30fps at max 1080p resolution. Speed-wise, this HSPA+ device promises download rates as fast as 14.4 Mbps. As for Sense, the Sensation also ushers in various tweaks to the company's UI, including customizable lock screens, 3D transitions, an improved weather app, and HTC Watch, the service introduced with the company's Flyer tablet that lets you download DVD-quality movies.

Before hitting the states this summer, the Sensation will launch in the UK, Germany, and the rest of HTC's "key" European markets in mid-May, with Vodafone scoring a Europe-wide exclusive for "a couple of weeks." We can't wait to put the Sensation through its paces in a full review, but happily we already scored some hands-on time with a near-final unit. Continue below the break for some early thoughts, full specs, and close-up shots of this superphone in action.

Here's the Hands on

icon11.gif
Source (Engadget)[/p]

Effort given: 15%

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well either way, other then the Scandinavians our 3G network is shitty. No 4G here yet lol.

1.2GHz processor will probably run Gingerbread pretty smooth and no slowdowns.

CarbonX13

GBAtemp 台灣人
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
Terminator02 said:
it's not really 4g, america is just retarded for letting them advertise these 3.5g devices as 4g (and the networks too)
Either or, the Sensation looks to be a nice phone anyways.

Glad to see HTC finally move onto dual-core processors and running 2.3 Gingerbread. Sure hope it gets released on Rogers in Canada, though I'm doubtful with the terrible selection Rogers Wireless has for smartphones. Bring on the HTC phones Rogers!!

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tanveer said:
Well either way, other then the Scandinavians our 3G network is shitty. No 4G here yet lol.

it's actually a dual core 1.2 GHz processor, the latest snapdragon (the other main competitor being 1GHz dual core Tegra 2 processors)

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Terminator02 said:
Tanveer said:

it's actually a dual core 1.2 GHz processor, the latest snapdragon (the other main competitor being 1GHz dual core Tegra 2 processors)
Yeah, missed out the dual core part o.o.
Thats great for Android users
smile.gif
. I have a LONG way on my contract sadly.. lol.

DeadLocked

Bi-Winning.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
This is what bugs me about HTC. Everyone moans and bitches at apple for bringing out a new iphone every year when HTC are literally making a new one every month.
The phone isn't even revolutionary even in HTC terms.
I think my next phone will be an iphone, they are expensive and all but in terms of quality you can't fault them and my HTC hero is a piss-taker.

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
DeadLocked said:
This is what bugs me about HTC. Everyone moans and bitches at apple for bringing out a new iphone every year when HTC are literally making a new one every month.
I think my next phone will be an iphone, they are expensive and all but in terms of quality you can't fault them and my HTC hero is a piss-taker.
Yes, exactly my thoughts.
A new model every year is pretty acceptable, but the thing is, if you are on contract you are screwed for at least another year.. depending on when you got your contract.
HTC gives me somewhat plastic feeling lol.
The iPhones feels pretty solid, however cracks when falling down from knee height...

nutella

Low Glycemic Index
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
DeadLocked said:
Yes, most of their phones are the same, but they're made for different carriers.

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
nutella said:
DeadLocked said:
Yes, most of their phones are the same, but they're made for different carriers.
In the UK, we can buy Sim Free ones, or get on contract on almost every carrier.
(exception of 1-2 HTC phones maybe)

nutella

Low Glycemic Index
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Tanveer said:
nutella said:
DeadLocked said:
In the UK, we can buy Sim Free ones, or get on contract on almost every carrier.
(exception of 1-2 HTC phones maybe)
Yeah, it's more of an American thing.

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DeadLocked said:
I think my next phone will be an iphone, they are expensive and all but in terms of quality you can't fault them and my HTC hero is a piss-taker.and as someone else said, they are making them for all various carriers, and they clearly make flagship phones and then the offshoots, the hero was a total piece of crap, the technology was no where where it needed to be back then

QUOTE(Tanveer @ Apr 14 2011, 05:26 AM) Yes, exactly my thoughts.
A new model every year is pretty acceptable, but the thing is, if you are on contract you are screwed for at least another year.. depending on when you got your contract.
HTC gives me somewhat plastic feeling lol.
The iPhones feels pretty solid, however cracks when falling down from knee height...
you can't honestly say that HTC's build quality is bad, they are the best in the business and easily at Apple's level (+ not being made out of flat glass)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-