HTC EVO saves a mans life

ThePowerOutage

The Lord of the Flyes
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
ATLANTA - One man is lucky to be alive after a stray bullet struck his jacket, then his cell phone early Thursday. Atlanta police say two men who are brothers, identified as Desmond and Timothy Wright, were kicked out of Halo, a nightclub located on West Peachtree Street. According to police, the men came back an hour later with guns and tried to reenter the club, but were refused entry.
Investigators said the two men then fired a couple of rounds into the air. One of those bullets struck club valet John Garber, went through his jacket and then deflected off his cell phone. Garber was not injured. A witness gave police a description of the two men and a location. Desmond and Timothy Wright were soon taken into custody.

Desmond Wright faces numerous charges including aggravated assault and possession of a firearm during a felony. No word on what charges Timothy Wright may be facing.

Both could have their first court appearance later Thursday.

The Halo nightclub released a statement saying, "Halo commends the APD for their swift apprehension of the suspects in this case. We take appropriate security measures at all times to ensure the safety of our patrons and we consider the safety of our neighbors and patrons to be our top priority.

"We will continue to serve the diverse law abiding citizens of Atlanta as we have for over nine years without incident."
Mild Sauce
Spicy Sauce
Well there ain't an app for that XD
Thought it was pretty cool how phones can stand up to that kind of force
Also, it might help the EVO get a reputations back after that on exploded.
hough it's hardly a reason to buy a phone.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Awesome! I hope my iPhone4 can do the same
smileipb2.png

...well, maybe it'd be better to directly hope that I won't ever find myself in a shooting
rofl2.gif

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
i wonder what phone it really was.
it's certain it was an HTC phone(seen a photo of an HTC battery with a dent where it was hit), but i read it on a different site first where they said it was a droid incredible.

Daidude

Puzzled
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I heard about that and saw the video on the HTC Facebook page(I love my HTC). Hope that never happens to me but if it does my HTC will jump in front of the bullet and protect me.
laugh.gif

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nando said:
^ i was merely pointing out that aside from avid mustache collectors, mythbusters are very crappy scientist.
You really don't watch them enough do you? They have really changed the way they do the show.

Theraima

I own this desert, bitches!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
@nando, For your information, Mythbusters is the only "science" show I ever watch, its just good.

Another one of these? These kind of cases have been popping like hell recently, *insert a smartphone here* saved a man/woman etc. But its cool to know that if you ever have a HTC or iPod/iPad, you can stop bullets with it.

skuggi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thedicemaster said:
it's certain it was an HTC phone(seen a photo of an HTC battery with a dent where it was hit), but i read it on a different site first where they said it was a droid incredible.

Thats correct, it's the Verizon Droid Incredible by HTC

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
skuggi said:
thedicemaster said:

Thats correct, it's the Verizon Droid Incredible by HTC
Yes it is. Please change the topic of this tittle. I want my phone to be there.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill