Intimidator88

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hello my friend brought his HP Laptop over and everytime he starts it up and it gets to the desktop the screen goes completely white and you cant see anything but your mouse and when you boot into safemode it auto restarts when it gets to the desktop. The only one i can get to the desktop without a white screen or restarts is safemode with command prom yet i cant get anything to launch in this mode.

He really wants his pictures and other keepsakes off it before doing a fresh install of windows so how could we fix it or least get some stuff off the laptop before formatting?

some key specs of the laptop are...

Windows Vista
HP Pavilion dv5 1235dx

sentinel5000

Trophies
XP
Country
And once you experience ubuntu to recover your things, do your self a favor and fresh install Ubuntu 13.04. Forget about windows, Ubuntu has options to anything you may have on windows.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Ubuntu has options to anything you may have on windows.
False, while WINE is much much better than it was in the past, it's role as an API translation layer means that it can't offer kernel hooks, required for things like CE's kernel-mode debugger, the anti-hack software in various MMOs, and the like.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Was a dark time