HP Laptop Problems

Discussion in 'Computer Software and Operating Systems' started by Intimidator88, May 20, 2013.

1. Intimidator88
    OP

Intimidator88 GBAtemp Fan

Sep 7, 2008
    United States
    Virginia
    Hello my friend brought his HP Laptop over and everytime he starts it up and it gets to the desktop the screen goes completely white and you cant see anything but your mouse and when you boot into safemode it auto restarts when it gets to the desktop. The only one i can get to the desktop without a white screen or restarts is safemode with command prom yet i cant get anything to launch in this mode.

He really wants his pictures and other keepsakes off it before doing a fresh install of windows so how could we fix it or least get some stuff off the laptop before formatting?

some key specs of the laptop are...

Windows Vista
    HP Pavilion dv5 1235dx

2. PityOnU

PityOnU GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 5, 2012
    United States
  3. sentinel5000

sentinel5000 GBAtemp Fan

Oct 1, 2008
    And once you experience ubuntu to recover your things, do your self a favor and fresh install Ubuntu 13.04. Forget about windows, Ubuntu has options to anything you may have on windows.

4. PityOnU

PityOnU GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 5, 2012
    United States
    Let's not get ahead of ourselves here, mate.

5. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    False, while WINE is much much better than it was in the past, it's role as an API translation layer means that it can't offer kernel hooks, required for things like CE's kernel-mode debugger, the anti-hack software in various MMOs, and the like.