Hacking [HOWTO] Use OOT Exploit on SKY3DS/Non Working Carts

Datalogger

Living the Dream
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can get as far as seeing the Gateway! save, open it, it goes to the game and Link is standing inside a tree hut.
As soon as I hit A, white-screen and lock-up.

I re-verified the Launcher.dat on the 3DS's internal SD card and still no-go....

Nuxx20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can get as far as seeing the Gateway! save, open it, it goes to the game and Link is standing inside a tree hut.

I re-verified the Launcher.dat on the 3DS's internal SD card and still no-go....

what region / version ?

andre104623

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

There is no point of saying it kind-of worked and not posting your model, Firmware, region it's just pointless

viral777

mecha connoisseur
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so if I snag a sky3ds and a JP version of OOT 3d rom, and place it in my JP N3ds it'll boot up the game like normal? and from there I can go about using the save exploit?

freejak13

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
US
I have a N3DSXL on 9.0.0-20U
SKY3DS Blue Button
A clean copy of OoT (CTR-P-AQEE) with good AdvancScene checksums (6D2CBD87)

Using Diskwriter 1.6, and the Templatetxt provided on page #1

Which position is your oot rom in in diskwriter? I have it in the second slot but it's not working.

Energygamer3ds

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so if I snag a sky3ds and a JP version of OOT 3d rom, and place it in my JP N3ds it'll boot up the game like normal? and from there I can go about using the save exploit?

not quite yet. The only 3ds scene japanese OoT Rom was released by Bahamut unless someone knows something I don't. Right now I am waiting to see if this rom is even compatible. I have tried multiple times and tried downloading and redownloading on many sites so for right now I can say it does not work on Jap new3ds 8.1 at least

Datalogger

Living the Dream
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Which position is your oot rom in in diskwriter? I have it in the second slot but it's not working.

2nd position.
What's odd is once I got it to load on the menu, I can go back and load up any of the earlier saves that use to say corrupted and they all load and put Link in the hut.
But they also all won't start up Launcher.dat...

Datalogger

Living the Dream
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
2nd position.
What's odd is once I got it to load on the menu, I can go back and load up any of the earlier saves that use to say corrupted and they all load and put Link in the hut.
But they also all won't start up Launcher.dat...

Also, I switched away from OoT to the game in position one then back to OoT each time I tried.
That seems to have made a difference as if I didn't do that, it would always say corrupted save.

Nuxx20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also, I switched away from OoT to the game in position one then back to OoT each time I tried.
That seems to have made a difference as if I didn't do that, it would always say corrupted save.

Interesting, what is the rom in the 1st slot, if I may ask, and what size / brand is your SD card?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: old men discussion