Hacking How would you rate the Cyclo Evo's Updates?

1 out of 5

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

8v8t8r

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
uberusmaximus said:
they haven't fixed the rts, or ezflash3in1 compatibility

what firmware r u using? in update 1.4 BETA 2, here's the new functionalities:

QUOTE* Gameboy Advance software can now be loaded directly from the CycloDS Evolution GUI. Games must be pre-patched using GBATA or similar software. Automatic patching will be added in the future.
* Fixed some compatibility issues caused by homebrew soft reset
* Added support for new 3in1 cards
* Fixed bug preventing RTS from working on filenames containing unicode characters
* Game compatibility fixes (2110, ingame menu + 2107)
* Added option of booting from slot 2 in either NDS or GBA mode

Please note that some of the changes above are already available as part of the v1.31 stable release. For further information about the GBA loading capabilities, please see the release notes included in the download archive.

Unfortunately, the in-game text reader is still quite far from completion. We were hoping to introduce this feature in the v1.4 final release, however due to the fact that we already have a lot of changes in the BETA firmware which seem quite stable, we are considering doing the v1.4 release without the in-game text reader and then adding this feature later - maybe in v1.41. We would like to hear your feedback regarding this.

Most importantly is the fact that GBA games can be booted directly from the cyclods games menu w/o the need for GBAExploader. This feature is only supported for the ezflash 3-in-1.

source: http://www.teamcyclops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6710

PW1337

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I give them a 4/5 as there hasn't been official updates in some time (not Beta releases, though they work fine). But, at least I don't see them releasing updates to just solve compatibility with some games :/

Sticks

Trophies
XP
Country
Most mainstream games work without any compatibility patch. Note I said 'mainstream', not craptacular shovelware.

RTS is pretty much perfect, only a few trouble games and full ez-flash support isn't in yet.

Updates have been slooow recently, I agree.

Tikker

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
it also already has 99% of all the requested features, so it's not like there's a huge amount of stuff they can add

wilddenim

Candy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
When I bought my flashcart, the main thing was 100% compatibility for games. And I got that. That was the main thing for me, so I gave the updates a 5.

I don't have a Slot-2 device yet and plan to buy one soon. Who knows I might change my mind but I've been very happy with my CycloDS. It's much more plesant experience than my FireCard which who hate me so much that it died.

However, one thing I would love for CycloDS to add - a feature that would delete files on the DS instead of having go on the PC and insert the microSD to delete files. Very useful when you are sorting your ROMs out into folders and find copies.

MagNetCZ

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm giving it a 4 out of 5, great card but since I have batch 1 the build quality doesn't seem to be top-notch, though it certainly doesn't look like it's falling apart.

euphemism

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MagNetCZ said:
I'm giving it a 4 out of 5, great card but since I have batch 1 the build quality doesn't seem to be top-notch, though it certainly doesn't look like it's falling apart.

The poll is for the Evolution's updates. Read.

Salamantis

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Tanas said:
Tikker said:
it also already has 99% of all the requested features, so it's not like there's a huge amount of stuff they can add

And what might the missing 1% be.?

Be able to do the laundry and wash the dishes, oh and maybe vacuum the house and water the plants.

I give them a 5/5 for updates, because they've seemed to stop updating for a while now. But maybe there's just been no need to release an update
tongue.gif
because they are frequent and load it with lots of more features and fixes to make it even more stable
smile.gif

Sticks

Trophies
XP
Country
Yep, new Beta. Apparently working pretty well. TC released it before you posted too Salamantis. change your poll vote.
tongue.gif

PS3sixty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wilddenim said:
However, one thing I would love for CycloDS to add - a feature that would delete files on the DS instead of having go on the PC and insert the microSD to delete files. Very useful when you are sorting your ROMs out into folders and find copies.

I use DSOrganize for this, plus it can hide folders as well. You can also set it as the multimedia program instead of Moonshell.

Salamantis

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sticks said:
Yep, new Beta. Apparently working pretty well. TC released it before you posted too Salamantis. change your poll vote.
tongue.gif

Ugh, can't change vote. Oh well, I'll just edit my post
tongue.gif

I has perfect timing!

cutterjohn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I gave the updates a 5, because as compared to my experiences with the other slot-1 cart that I own (supercard), the Evo has MUCH better auto-ROM support (v. guess the settings for the SCDS1 or use clean mode and lose ALL of the card features), AND have actually added quite a number of new features as well, e.g. soft-reset from homebrew, and GUI 3in1 integration.

Yes, I use the beta firmwares which ARE available to EVERY Evo owner unlike other mfgs if they even have betas.

So teamcyclops gets a 5 from, SC would get a 3.5-4, and from what I've seen in the news about other cart updates I'd mostly give them a 1-2 as they seem to primarily only be compatibility updates. I'm not including the AK cards as the best updates are 3rd party, and I'm also not considering other 3rd party loaders OR running 3rd party shells on the SCDS1.

strata8

Look! A pointless distraction!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
cutterjohn said:
I gave the updates a 5, because as compared to my experiences with the other slot-1 cart that I own (supercard), the Evo has MUCH better auto-ROM support (v. guess the settings for the SCDS1 or use clean mode and lose ALL of the card features), AND have actually added quite a number of new features as well, e.g. soft-reset from homebrew, and GUI 3in1 integration.

Yes, I use the beta firmwares which ARE available to EVERY Evo owner unlike other mfgs if they even have betas.

So teamcyclops gets a 5 from, SC would get a 3.5-4, and from what I've seen in the news about other cart updates I'd mostly give them a 1-2 as they seem to primarily only be compatibility updates. I'm not including the AK cards as the best updates are 3rd party, and I'm also not considering other 3rd party loaders OR running 3rd party shells on the SCDS1.

Do I know you?

I'd say 5, not for the frequency, but for how many features are generally added in each release.

mad567

D. Gregar
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Greece
I think that Cyclo team is a good team:)....I almost every update the make something diferent in the main firmware...for example in the new one they changed the default theme and fixed some problems with the ez flash expansion pack....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: now i'm not gay, but hear me out