How would you rate the Cyclo Evo's Updates?

Discussion in 'CycloDS' started by Scytheandsickle, Jun 10, 2008.

?

1 out of 5

1. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Scytheandsickle
    OP

Scytheandsickle GBAtemp Regular

Jun 23, 2007
    See poll.

2. uberusmaximus

uberusmaximus Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 29, 2008
    United States
    they haven't fixed the rts, or ezflash3in1 compatibility

3. 8v8t8r

8v8t8r Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 18, 2007
    United States
    USA
    Most importantly is the fact that GBA games can be booted directly from the cyclods games menu w/o the need for GBAExploader. This feature is only supported for the ezflash 3-in-1.

source: http://www.teamcyclops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6710

4. PW1337

PW1337 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 30, 2008
    United States
    I give them a 4/5 as there hasn't been official updates in some time (not Beta releases, though they work fine). But, at least I don't see them releasing updates to just solve compatibility with some games :/

5. Sticks

Sticks GBAtemp Regular

Jan 31, 2008
    Most mainstream games work without any compatibility patch. Note I said 'mainstream', not craptacular shovelware.

RTS is pretty much perfect, only a few trouble games and full ez-flash support isn't in yet.

Updates have been slooow recently, I agree.

6. Sir-Fritz

Sir-Fritz GBAtemp Maniac

May 4, 2008
    Brisbane, Australia
    The slow updates is because they had to stop work on them for a few weeks.

7. Tikker

Tikker GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 8, 2007
    Canada
    it also already has 99% of all the requested features, so it's not like there's a huge amount of stuff they can add

8. wilddenim

wilddenim Candy!

Sep 4, 2007
    UK
    When I bought my flashcart, the main thing was 100% compatibility for games. And I got that. That was the main thing for me, so I gave the updates a 5.

I don't have a Slot-2 device yet and plan to buy one soon. Who knows I might change my mind but I've been very happy with my CycloDS. It's much more plesant experience than my FireCard which who hate me so much that it died.

However, one thing I would love for CycloDS to add - a feature that would delete files on the DS instead of having go on the PC and insert the microSD to delete files. Very useful when you are sorting your ROMs out into folders and find copies.

9. MagNetCZ

MagNetCZ GBAtemp Fan

Aug 4, 2007
    Prague
    I'm giving it a 4 out of 5, great card but since I have batch 1 the build quality doesn't seem to be top-notch, though it certainly doesn't look like it's falling apart.

10. euphemism

euphemism GBAtemp Regular

Jun 7, 2007
    United States

The poll is for the Evolution's updates. Read.

11. Tanas

Tanas GBAtemp Addict

Aug 19, 2006
    And what might the missing 1% be.?

12. Salamantis

Salamantis GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Feb 20, 2007
    Canada
    Be able to do the laundry and wash the dishes, oh and maybe vacuum the house and water the plants.

I give them a 5/5 for updates, because they've seemed to stop updating for a while now. But maybe there's just been no need to release an update [​IMG] because they are frequent and load it with lots of more features and fixes to make it even more stable [​IMG]

13. vergessen

vergessen Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 5, 2007
    United States
    check the site, new beta

14. Sticks

Sticks GBAtemp Regular

Jan 31, 2008
    Yep, new Beta. Apparently working pretty well. TC released it before you posted too Salamantis. change your poll vote. [​IMG]

15. PS3sixty

PS3sixty Member

Newcomer
    May 28, 2008
    United States
    I use DSOrganize for this, plus it can hide folders as well. You can also set it as the multimedia program instead of Moonshell.

16. Salamantis

Salamantis GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Feb 20, 2007
    Canada
    Ugh, can't change vote. Oh well, I'll just edit my post [​IMG]

I has perfect timing!

17. cutterjohn

cutterjohn GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 27, 2007
    United States
    I gave the updates a 5, because as compared to my experiences with the other slot-1 cart that I own (supercard), the Evo has MUCH better auto-ROM support (v. guess the settings for the SCDS1 or use clean mode and lose ALL of the card features), AND have actually added quite a number of new features as well, e.g. soft-reset from homebrew, and GUI 3in1 integration.

Yes, I use the beta firmwares which ARE available to EVERY Evo owner unlike other mfgs if they even have betas.

So teamcyclops gets a 5 from, SC would get a 3.5-4, and from what I've seen in the news about other cart updates I'd mostly give them a 1-2 as they seem to primarily only be compatibility updates. I'm not including the AK cards as the best updates are 3rd party, and I'm also not considering other 3rd party loaders OR running 3rd party shells on the SCDS1.

18. strata8

strata8 Look! A pointless distraction!

Jun 18, 2007
    over there
    Do I know you?

I'd say 5, not for the frequency, but for how many features are generally added in each release.

19. SleepingDragon

SleepingDragon GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 30, 2008
    United States
    P3X-719
    Top-notch, as always.

20. mad567

mad567 D. Gregar

Aug 30, 2007
    Greece
    London, UK
    I think that Cyclo team is a good team:)....I almost every update the make something diferent in the main firmware...for example in the new one they changed the default theme and fixed some problems with the ez flash expansion pack....