• Subbed

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dubbed

• Doesn't matter

• Total voters

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
I don't think it's as cut and dry as that. I prefer subbed, but if the english voice acting is decent, then I will opt for dubbed.

Anyone that want to sit back and say subbed is always superior really don't know what they are talking about and most likely have never really given dubbed a chance.

Not all english voice acting is shitty. I'm not joking, see for yourself.

Oh, and if you believe there is no such thing as horribe Japanese voice actors, you are only making an idiot out of yourself to the people who speak the language fluently.

mysticwaterfall

Streamforce Supreme Commander
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Subbed. I must say this isn't even a contest, 90% of dubs are just plain horrible. For a lot of them, you can put the subs on over the dub and see how much they changed the dialogue. Even the ones that don't do that, the acting is totally different then the original and usually doesn't fit at all. I could probably count the number of things having "good dubs" on one hand, and even then I would still watch the subs.

So, long story short - subs.

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
I prefer dubbed. Weird and awkward English voice acting is always a benefit to me.
smileipb2.png
Humor trumps correctness.

Shockwind

SHINEEE!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I'd voted sub, because I like the Japanese version of the anime that I'm watching and so that can understand words better.

tajio

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
JinTrigger said:
So I was sitting here and Bakugan came on and the 1st thing I noticed was the horrible voice acting. Then I realized that English voice actors (even in more serious anime) don't have that same feeling that Japanese actors have.

For instance
I've seen all of Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood, subbed, on youtube/through downloads and I'm also watching the dubbed ones on Adult Swim. Now the scene when Mustang was crying at Hughes grave was a pretty emotional scene. Seeing such an emotional scene with both Japanese and English voice actors I was able to make a good comparison....The English voice actor just didn't do the scene any justice when put up against the Japanese voice actors.

So my question is how do you prefer your anime and do you have comparisons like the one I made with FMAB? Let's share.

Same as your opinion, I prefer subbed anime. Fansubbed is better than official subs as the official ones try to localise things which is pretty gay.

Exception for dub is Goku's voice in Dub, sounds more manly than the japanese one.

Please no one mention ... 4fu*kingKids

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Dubbed.
I like watching a show, not reading it. As long as the VA's are fine I don't see why anyone could ever want subbed *shrug*.
People are pretty anal about VA though. Since most people can't understand japanese they just assume the VA is better...when in reality it really isn't. It's usually always about on par with eachother.

Also dubbed there's much less chance for translation errors. Clannad was like that. Subbed it messed up on a bunch of stuff. Nothing MAJOR, but you get a purer translation with dub since it's english people speaking english lines...they know if something isn't translated right.

That said I dislike most every anime and rarely sit through games with japanese-only VA.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
depends

on one piece, ive totally become used to the voices, i wanna hear them sounding all girly and squealing.

then again, when im playing a game, I really like dubs.
i can watch a show and beat bowser or revolver ocelot while watching dexter, but i cant read subs while playing tetris or some cheap rpg
frown.gif

Daizu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Usually, I go for subbed. If there's a dub I usually at least listen to it first before making my decision. I'm not against dubs, it's just they usually choose actors that don't fit the characters. If the dub fits, I'll watch it like that. If not, I'll watch the sub.

Shockwind

SHINEEE!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Daizu said:
Usually, I go for subbed. If there's a dub I usually at least listen to it first before making my decision. I'm not against dubs, it's just they usually choose actors that don't fit the characters. If the dub fits, I'll watch it like that. If not, I'll watch the sub.
I do that too.
biggrin.gif

Pyrofyr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone who's watched enough anime should have the following opinion:
If voices are even slightly annoying: Dubbed.
If voices are actually GOOD(Conan, DBZ[to some extent], FMA[Holy shit the voices were so good], Trigun, Cowboy Bebop): Subbed.

This is the only correct choice, all other choices are incorrect. There are only a handful of GOOD subbed stuff around, I even went around and watched some classics recently and hahaha they were so bad. (Sailor Moon for example)

bnwchbammer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
As much as I say subs and stick to it, I understand that I don't fully understand the way the Japanese language itself works.
I'm sure someone who understands Japanese and can speak it fluently may have a differing opinion on the quality of the Japanese voices.
Though, with that being said, English voices are generally just, ugh.
So I stick with subbed whenever I can.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.ebay.com/itm/386617469929?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=2T8UwYf_Qse&...