ROM Hack How would I go about trying to translate...

Kyranik

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I want to attempt to make a partial translation (ie, Character/Mech names, menu options, skills and items) for Super Robot Taisen W, a turn-based strategy game in the popular Super Robot Taisen series of games.

What do I need to get started on doing this?

lilfrankie

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
You know, I saw a topic like this a few days ago (but it wasn't about Super Robot Taisen, and I'm not sure if some games need other tools). Let me look it up for you..

EDIT:

Here it is
wink.gif

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=61246

I'm not really familiar with translation, although I have asked the same question myself about a year ago, and learned something about Hexeditors and tables and stuff, but didn't really went further with it.

Hope this works!

Coppanuva

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd help with what little I could. I love the game, and even if you don't want my help, I would love the translation part you do get done if possible.

Taras

I'm Not Hating, I'm Just Sayin'
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Start by having Tshu host your web page. Assemble a group of people who post bimonthly updates. Disregard project and hope another group picks it up. In three or four years, maybe there will be an official developers release.

Kyranik

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Start by having Tshu host your web page. Assemble a group of people who post bimonthly updates. Disregard project and hope another group picks it up. In three or four years, maybe there will be an official developers release.

Unfortunately, there's very, very little (if any) chance of anyone being able to publish this outside of Japan, due to the same sort of licensing issues Jump Super/Ultimate Stars has (If not worse).

Coppanuva

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Unfortunately, there's very, very little (if any) chance of anyone being able to publish this outside of Japan, due to the same sort of licensing issues Jump Super/Ultimate Stars has (If not worse).

Sadly that's true...
frown.gif
I love that game too... I've had a bit of experience text-parsing in the past, so I'll help you with what little I can if you want. If not, will you at least post the patch here when it's done? Maybe some other way to contact me?

Oh, and where'd you find the GaoGaiGar sprite for your avatar? I love it...

Kyranik

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

Sadly that's true...
frown.gif
I love that game too... I've had a bit of experience text-parsing in the past, so I'll help you with what little I can if you want. If not, will you at least post the patch here when it's done? Maybe some other way to contact me?

Oh, and where'd you find the GaoGaiGar sprite for your avatar? I love it...
A quick google found this http://simchamber.net/lofiversion/index.php?t728.html

You might need to fiddle around with the saturation & contrast settings.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att is displaying prices like it's an ingredients list now lol