How would I go about trying to translate...

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by Kyranik, Sep 28, 2007.

Sep 28, 2007
  1. Kyranik
    OP

Newcomer Kyranik Newbie

United Kingdom
    I want to attempt to make a partial translation (ie, Character/Mech names, menu options, skills and items) for Super Robot Taisen W, a turn-based strategy game in the popular Super Robot Taisen series of games.

What do I need to get started on doing this?

2. lilfrankie

Member lilfrankie GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    You know, I saw a topic like this a few days ago (but it wasn't about Super Robot Taisen, and I'm not sure if some games need other tools). Let me look it up for you..

EDIT:

Here it is [​IMG]
    http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=61246

I'm not really familiar with translation, although I have asked the same question myself about a year ago, and learned something about Hexeditors and tables and stuff, but didn't really went further with it.

Hope this works!

3. Coppanuva

Newcomer Coppanuva Member

United States
    I'd help with what little I could. I love the game, and even if you don't want my help, I would love the translation part you do get done if possible.

4. Taras

Member Taras I'm Not Hating, I'm Just Sayin'

United States
    Start by having Tshu host your web page. Assemble a group of people who post bimonthly updates. Disregard project and hope another group picks it up. In three or four years, maybe there will be an official developers release.

5. Kyranik
    OP

Newcomer Kyranik Newbie

United Kingdom
    Unfortunately, there's very, very little (if any) chance of anyone being able to publish this outside of Japan, due to the same sort of licensing issues Jump Super/Ultimate Stars has (If not worse).

6. Coppanuva

Newcomer Coppanuva Member

United States
    Sadly that's true... [​IMG] I love that game too... I've had a bit of experience text-parsing in the past, so I'll help you with what little I can if you want. If not, will you at least post the patch here when it's done? Maybe some other way to contact me?

Oh, and where'd you find the GaoGaiGar sprite for your avatar? I love it...

7. Kyranik
    OP

Newcomer Kyranik Newbie

United Kingdom
    A quick google found this http://simchamber.net/lofiversion/index.php?t728.html

You might need to fiddle around with the saturation & contrast settings.