Hacking How update from 8.1.0 to 9.1.0 while keeping atmos?

SOLSTAR

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello all, i have 8.1.0 and run atmos at 0.1.0, latest version. everything works fine but some requires latest consoel fw.how can i update still keeping atmos?i followed a video on youtube, that updated the emu mmc, with hekate, which i did up the bery end, but i have black screen if i try to launch with atmos or hekate himself. if i disable the emu mmc from hekate, atmos runs fine again but obviously the consoel still says i am at 8.1.0? any help?

pcwizard7

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
first you need to update your sd files

here latest atmos and hekate
https://github.com/Atmosphere-NX/Atmosphere/releases
https://github.com/CTCaer/hekate/releases

update your other homebrew as well as old versions won't work on 9.0 or later

if your sd card is exfat u prob have file corruption i would move your Nintendo folder and other files say backup files, for example, i.e files that u want to keep to the pc then move them back after format

format your sd card to fat32 with formatgui by format the card ntfs first then use the progtam to format as fat32 with 32kb cluster http://www.ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/guiformat.exe

then update with chonionx to 9.1 by default you will lose your game card reader in 9.0 because of hekate prevents fuse burned for the reader but will work in older fw if you want to use it on newer fw instead u need to disable "nogc" in hekate but that will burn the fuse for the game card reader. (it has its own set of fuses for itself separate from the systems ones)

Last edited by pcwizard7,

SOLSTAR

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The video i followed is this one:

i already had all the files updated from atmos and hekate.

sd card is already fat 32,its a new card i bought on purpose which was bigger than previous one, and i formatted it on fat32 pruposedly

the only thing i have not tried is this chonionx. is it an app i need to launch from the switch itself?

and yes from hekate, after starting that dujour app thingy, it asked about the fuse thing. i left it on just in case though

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

ok done as you said, it has finally updated to 9.1.0 while keeping atmos. Problem now is that many games i have installed won't start, it says "unable to start software. try from HOME". not all games but the vast majority. how come?

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The video i followed is this one:

i already had all the files updated from atmos and hekate.

sd card is already fat 32,its a new card i bought on purpose which was bigger than previous one, and i formatted it on fat32 pruposedly

the only thing i have not tried is this chonionx. is it an app i need to launch from the switch itself?

and yes from hekate, after starting that dujour app thingy, it asked about the fuse thing. i left it on just in case though

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

ok done as you said, it has finally updated to 9.1.0 while keeping atmos. Problem now is that many games i have installed won't start, it says "unable to start software. try from HOME". not all games but the vast majority. how come?

Because you pirated them.

SOLSTAR

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
They're likely XCI to NSP converts or NSPs that you installed with the "convert to standard crypto" option.

hmm ok i see,never converted any nsp, just installed some of them off tinfoil,other from pc through usb , but right now i am doign the "verify corrupt files "on the home section fo the swtich, after it finishes i try to run them..and they actually work!

they only thing that is not working is tinfoil\lithium.once i start it it will say "this software will start download now"; but instead crahes on the main menu

Last edited by SOLSTAR,

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmm ok i see,never converted any nsp, just installed some of them off tinfoil,other from pc through usb , but right now i am doign the "verify corrupt files "on the home section fo the swtich, after it finishes i try to run them..and they actually work!

they only thing that is not working is tinfoil\lithium.once i start it it will say "this software will start download now"; but instead crahes on the main menu
Tinfoil/lithium tries to install a forwarding NSP when it's launched if you don't already have it installed. Look in your Tinfoil/Lithium folder for an NSP file and delete it. This prevents it from being installed.

Additionally, make sure you are trying to run Tinfoil/Lithium by holding R while starting up a game and not from the Album applet.

SOLSTAR

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Tinfoil/lithium tries to install a forwarding NSP when it's launched if you don't already have it installed. Look in your Tinfoil/Lithium folder for an NSP file and delete it. This prevents it from being installed.

Additionally, make sure you are trying to run Tinfoil/Lithium by holding R while starting up a game and not from the Album applet.

ok did as you said, it works even without holding R while starting, from the album applet. Is that a problem or should i always keep R pressed before launching it?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol