Hacking [HOW-TO] Use Scene Dumps with GW 2.2 Online

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I don't think you understood what I was asking. There is one save file per header so if 5 ROMs have the same header they must use the same file. That makes it a "I-have-5-games-but-I-only-have-one-floppy-disk-to-keep-my-saves-on-and-the-floppy-can-only-hold-a-single-save" situation.
you must be getting confused, there is the header.....think of that as the "online AND save password" then there is the TITLE ID each game has its own title ID, this is how the saves are named....even if you use the same header, the save is still set to the games title ID, it just means if you change the header you will change the password to unlock the save so you will be unable to use the old save........each game still has its own specific save made matching the games titleID

Reactions: Thirty3Three

Stickert

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
you must be getting confused, there is the header.....think of that as the "online AND save password" then there is the TITLE ID each game has its own title ID, this is how the saves are named....even if you use the same header, the save is still set to the games title ID, it just means if you change the header you will change the password to unlock the save so you will be unable to use the old save........each game still has its own specific save made matching the games titleID

And there is no way to change the header/password of a save file?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
And there is no way to change the header/password of a save file?
nope, not atm anyway.....maybe in future who knows, but its not as simple as i made it sound, there more to it than that......but that just about sums it up, for there to be a way to do it someone will have to figure out a way to decrypt the save using one header and re-encrypt it using another, this will most likely come from some sort of homebrew that runs on the 3DS, but if/when such a thing will arrive we will just have to wait and see

NicEXE

Trophies
XP
Country
Cyprus
I see...

mouse100

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I have mario kart 1.1 backup and I've patched it with luigi mansion's header. The game enter online but it stucks on "searching for other players" and after some minutes it gives me random errors.

Seems like there is no players online..

How can I solve this?

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
I have mario kart 1.1 backup and I've patched it with luigi mansion's header. The game enter online but it stucks on "searching for other players" and after some minutes it gives me random errors.

Seems like there is no players online..

How can I solve this?

Mine works perfect on v1.1. Have you done the header correct?. Change it in Hexeditor too :-C2 F0 00 90 00 00 00 00 FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF. Use rom Patcher v0.6 and follow instructions. I use my own header, try the MGSSE 4GB header from page 1, links below and change with hexeditor?Also maybe there is just simply no players online for you yet!

Hexeditor:- http://mh-nexus.de/en/downloads.php?product=HxD

Rom Patcher v0.6:- http://filetrip.net/dl?dupiqmdMgr

4GB Header:- http://ojm5yq2uqr.dl4free.com/

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So question. Totally was using a scene dump of Mario Kart 7 (with the header from my real Mario Kart 7 rom... same region... don't ask why I didin't just dump it.) Long-story-short, I simply dumped my physical copy and applied all the "online" stuff, and it's telling me my "data is corrupted"... Not sure why... help? Thanks.

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
So question. Totally was using a scene dump of Mario Kart 7 (with the header from my real Mario Kart 7 rom... same region... don't ask why I didin't just dump it.) Long-story-short, I simply dumped my physical copy and applied all the "online" stuff, and it's telling me my "data is corrupted"... Not sure why... help? Thanks.

Just erase your save.

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
The game. It shouldn't be though. Same region, same header, same "3dz" online-enabled extension. The only difference is one is a scene dump, and one's my personal backup.

Yeah it will do, just erase over your old .sav file and start again or stay with the scene dump. Same happened with one of my games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo