How to use remote desktop on Windows 7 Home premium

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by C175R, Oct 13, 2010.

Oct 13, 2010
  1. C175R
    OP

Member C175R GBAtemp Pirate

United States
    I want to use Remote desktop to use it with my phone but in the Windows 7 Home Premium edition, I dont see the option to do so.
    Googled but only found that I need to upgrade my Windows 7 to professional or Ultimate.
    I read somewhere that there is a Patch or something to make it work on Home Premium but couldnt find anything.
    any help?

2. Originality

Member Originality Chibi-neko

United Kingdom
    I know there are some websites that do the whole desktop sharing thing, but it's been so many years that I've gotten them all. I'm interesting in finding out about this W7 Home patch for it though.

3. Wabsta

Member Wabsta you fight like a dairy farmer

Netherlands
    What kind of phone? If it's an android phone, you should try the app: PhoneMyPc.
    Install the server (very lightweight) on your PC, install the client on your Phone, and done.

4. Scorpei

Member Scorpei GBAtemp Maniac

Netherlands
    http://thegreenbutton.com/forums/t/79427.aspx
    You probably have to manually enable Port 3389 under "Advanced Settings" as the options to set up Remote Desktop via the GUI's are disabled.

Personally never tried this as I run ultimate on all my systems.

5. Originality

Member Originality Chibi-neko

United Kingdom
    I just had a lil playaround with Windows using this as reference, and it seems that it isn't disabled in Home Premium, just dumbed down into "Windows Remote Assistance". "Remote Desktop Connection" also exists, which seems a more robust sharing app, but I've not tried playing around with it yet.

I'm now going to give PhoneMyPC a go to see how it compares. EDIT: Scratch that, I don't feel like paying £6 for it.

6. C175R
    OP

Member C175R GBAtemp Pirate

United States
    No. I have an Iphone.
    gona try what Scorpei said.
    but not now since its already late and im tired.
    Thank you.
    will post the result tomorrow or by the end of the week.

7. dilav

Member dilav GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    There is a lot of programs and remote desktop for iphone also. logmein is one of them. i think it cost 30$ for the app tho. theres a few i cant recall.