Hacking How to use Ds browser with the ez flash expansion

85Mario85

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
do you guys know how to do it? or do you just download the ds browser to you r4? or do you need like an extra thing to download

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
Trophies
XP
Country
You just put the clean rom of the browser on your R4 and it should give you a prompt to allow you to use your EZ 3in1 as a ram expansion. You dont need any patches

85Mario85

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so just the rom on the r4 ds micro sd?
i did try that and i says i nedd the expansion pack and pres the check mark to turn of the power blah blah blah

polleke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
So does that mean that you have to run the 3-in-1-tool / GBA exploader every time your NDS is powered off/on and you want to run the NDS Opera Internet browser?

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
@polleke: Depends on your slot1 cart, but in general yes you have to use GBA ExpLoader every time you want to use the browser.

Or you can patch the browser for the EZ 3in1 or eWin 2in1 so that it will run without GBA ExpLoader.

-Bri

halomasta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a regular DS with the official regular RAm expansion pack. Should i upgrade to one with more memory for homebrew or keep the one I have?

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It depends on the homebrew you wish to run. For Quake II or DSLinux, yes you should upgrade. If all you're using it for is Moonshell JPEG decoding and SNEmulDS, then don't bother.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv6vlP2qSyo