Tutorial How to use devMenu on 4.0.0 - 5.1.0. (Offline)

maso89

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if it will help, but for me (I also got stuck on the logo screen), I select "Older LayeredFS" and it is working like a charm on my 4.1 Switch with the exFAT driver installed.
Thanks, now able to enter hb-menu. when trying to install hulu using tinfoil get the following "Failed to install nca! Error code: 0x00000805"

Update: installed hulu nsp using reinx and was able to lanch devmenu using layeredfs. Thanks for the guide!

Last edited by maso89,

cgompe

Trophies
XP
Country
Gibraltar
I'm having the same error when installing Hulu (error 0x00000805). Tried installing from Hekate, LayeredFS, older LayeredFS and ReiNX. Always the same error. Also tried to download again all files...any errors when installing game NSPs on ReiNX. Any ideas? :(

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
thanks, i used on sxos and it worked. hulu does works on 4.1.
also it's better then south park, devmeny using south park is not stable.

cgompe

Trophies
XP
Country
Gibraltar
I'm having the same error when installing Hulu (error 0x00000805). Tried installing from Hekate, LayeredFS, older LayeredFS and ReiNX. Always the same error. Also tried to download again all files...any errors when installing game NSPs on ReiNX. Any ideas? :(

Solved my error, my atmosphere folder didn't had sigpatches.

link42586

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I have devmenu working on pokemon. And hulu installed. I don't care to play pokemon and want to delete it and switch to the smaller hulu..How would I do that? Booting hulu right now tells me to enable wifi and all that then gives me an error and closes hulu. Do I need to put the devmenu files somewhere else for it to work with hulu instead?

Lunalik

A Person That Exists
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I have devmenu working on pokemon. And hulu installed. I don't care to play pokemon and want to delete it and switch to the smaller hulu..How would I do that? Booting hulu right now tells me to enable wifi and all that then gives me an error and closes hulu. Do I need to put the devmenu files somewhere else for it to work with hulu instead?
As long as you are using atmosphere, and the files are in place, should work.

satfreaxx

Trophies
XP
Country
Dominica
Hello,

Could you please help me, I can't get this point :

5. Select LayeredFS in the list of firmwares, and unlock it once it is done booting.

Does something has to be done after selecting layeredfs ?

Thanks,

Lunalik

A Person That Exists
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello,

Could you please help me, I can't get this point :

5. Select LayeredFS in the list of firmwares, and unlock it once it is done booting.

Does something has to be done after selecting layeredfs ?

Thanks,
The next step lol.
So...we need to choose atmosphere in the hekate launchscreen?
Read the fricking post, layeredfs.

Reactions: BaamAlex

link42586

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I put the 01005D100807A000 files directly on the root of my drive..Launched hulu..And nothing. Do I keep the files in the devmenu folder for hulu to work? I take it i'm launching through layeredFS since the devmenu works with pokemon. My payload autoloads hekate/atmosphere so I don't choose anything. And i'm positive I have the sig patches since installing everything through the pokemon devmenu works fine. So I'm confused here.

Lunalik

A Person That Exists
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I put the 01005D100807A000 files directly on the root of my drive..Launched hulu..And nothing. Do I keep the files in the devmenu folder for hulu to work? I take it i'm launching through layeredFS since the devmenu works with pokemon. My payload autoloads hekate/atmosphere so I don't choose anything. And i'm positive I have the sig patches since installing everything through the pokemon devmenu works fine. So I'm confused here.
If pokemon works fine, just use that. I'm not sure why this happens.

link42586

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If pokemon works fine, just use that. I'm not sure why this happens.

hulu=37.53 MB
pokemon=221.95 MB
pokemon update to stop the update nag=41.42 MB

I'd like to get to the bottom of this as that's A game or two or room for saves. I'll get it to where I can choose the boot menu and boot into layeredFS but i'm sure that's not it. So it must be where i'm putting the file. or the directories i'm putting on it. Do I put devMenu file on the cards root or just the 01005D100807A000 folder and on.

Lunalik

A Person That Exists
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hulu=37.53 MB
pokemon=221.95 MB
pokemon update to stop the update nag=41.42 MB

I'd like to get to the bottom of this as that's A game or two or room for saves. I'll get it to where I can choose the boot menu and boot into layeredFS but i'm sure that's not it. So it must be where i'm putting the file. or the directories i'm putting on it. Do I put devMenu file on the cards root or just the 01005D100807A000 folder and on.
Just extract everything in the zip to the root. Everything should be in place. The title id folder should be in atmosphere/titles.

link42586

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just extract everything in the zip to the root. Everything should be in place. The title id folder should be in atmosphere/titles.
Yeah I was unaware your devmenu files was different. Got your files and it works. Now I can free up 16MB more now that I can delete the devmenu for pokemon..The savings just keep adding up.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-