Hacking How To Uninstall Homebrew Channel 0.7?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spec2K

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi I'm just wondering how I can completly remove the homebrew channel from my wii.

I installed it using the Twilight hack with the homebre channel .elf on the sd card.

Now since it wasn't a wad I installed, I don't know how to remove the channel completely.

Or do I just go into remove channel in the wii options, and it's completey removed?

thx.

Jademalo

Trophies
XP
Country
yup, just remove it from the channels interface
smile.gif

Spec2K

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
but will nintendo still know? like doesn't the homebrew channel have a unknown ticket and make nintendo think I installed something else on my wii, maybe for future purposes?

chadders

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i just came to the forums to post something like this and came across this post!!

Am i right in thinking that when/if nintendo activates ios 37 and if it does indeed disable the security hole we are all using to run our homebrew then 1) we may no longer be able to use homebrew channels etc and 2) we will also not be able to uninstall any .wad files we have installed.

I know that no one really knows yet but if they do active it and it does stop the hole that the above points may be true??????

Just a question and would like to hear your thoughts on this.

link459

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
There's no way to remove the ticket for some stupid reason...

Until someone makes a WAD of it, you can't completely remove it.

Sperenvanger

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
If you are scared something will happen to your Wii... you shouldn't have messed with TP hack or any other kind of modified software. When you install unofficial software there is always a risk.

elfsander

Trophies
Website
microse.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
You can, however, be 100% sure it's de-installed by reformatting your wii. You will need to redownload VC/WiiWare games, but if you don't remove your Shop Channel account you can do so freely (if you bought them, that is).

Spec2K

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so if there's a way to make an .elf to a .wad.. how come there hasn't been a homebrew channel .elf to .wad file yet so we can uninstall the hombrew channel easily?

retroguy

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
link459 said:
There's no way to remove the ticket for some stupid reason...

Until someone makes a WAD of it, you can't completely remove it.

bit someone did! Yesterday!

I found it somewhere on a tracker site. Just google for 'Homebrew Channel in .wad format for easy installation". I suppose you can install and uninstall the channel with it.

I did not try it yet, so if you use it it is for your own risk.

Relys

^(Software | Hardware) Exploit? Development.$
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The WAD file can result in problems, even bricking. It's not meant to be installed like that.

Just install it the normal way, and reformat your Wii if you really want to get it off.

Team Twiizers stated that they will address the IOS37 problem when it comes.

teq

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ugh.... it's tiring keeping up with people who don't know how to use the search function.

In order to remove ANY channel, despite whether or not you have the original WAD, do the following:

1) Run NAND FS Dump, this will dump the full unencrypted contents of your NAND

2) Your channels will be in /TITLE/000010001

3) Determine which channel it is by process of elimination. The first letter of the title id corresponds to the type of channel/console.

4) Get ANY wad(the smaller the better) in which you already know the title id of.

5) Search for the title id in a hex editor, and replace it with the title id of the channel you're trying to remove.

6) Run WAD Uninstaller/Manager and it'll remove all files that correspond to that title id.

Tada! Try doing a search next time...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Taylor Swift death metal AI cover please lol