Hacking how to transfer raw gamecube memory card image to new memory card?

MatteoFerrazzi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
hello,
a while ago I made a raw backup of my memory card [into a .bin format].
in the meantime, I lost my memory card, and I now have a new one.
Since Dios Mios requires using a real memory card, how can I transfer that raw image to a new memory card?
Or, how can I pick out individual save files from the raw backup and transfer them individually [since I know how to transfer individual save files, but not raw images]?

any help would be much appreciated!

MatteoFerrazzi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
I'll give a free netflix account to anyone who is successful at helping me!
yes I'm that desperate. you try being at the last dungeon in twilight princess and wind waker simultaneously.

person66

If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What did you use to make the original backup?
Also, if you want to upload the file somewhere I'll see if I can get anything off it.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
There are two methods.

If you have a raw backup of your card, you can restore it with GCMM1.4b
You can write full .raw (or .bin) dump back to the card.

Protected saves required that you restore them on the same card, but GCMM can now restore backup to any cards.
If it's not working, you can extract all game's save to .gci, and use GCMM to restore them to the new card instead of restoring the full raw.

If you want, you can also extract/inject saves to the raw card by using Dolphin emulator.
It has a memory card manager, you can open raw cards and extract/insert/move individual saves from it.

I just did it today, to merge all my real card's saves to the Raw memcard used by Nintendont. It's working fine.
GC MC -> GCMM -> .gci format per game -> Dolphin card manager -> Raw card

Only my Luigi's mansion save is not working. but even restoring by backup with GCMM on the real card is not working. It's an old backup, It probably didn't backup it correctly (I don't remember which program I used to do the backup).

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You file contains 3 saves

Twilight princess : game Data
Twilight princess : save data
Zelda: Collector edition - The adventure of Link

You have the tools above to open/edit your file.
rename the extention .bin to .raw and you can open/extract saves in Dolphin's Card manager, or you can use the RawTools above to change the card's size if you want to restore it fully to your new card in case the size is different.

If you extract the saves to .gci, you can use GCMM on your Wii to inject your .gci files to your real memcard, or you can restore the full backup in memcard.raw to your new card if it's the same size.
(backup your new card's data to .gci if you used it before restoring the full raw, or you'll loose your saves. You can restore the .gci after restoring the full raw)

MatteoFerrazzi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
rename the .bin to .raw? got it!
as promised I will deliver on the netflix account! since I still don't quite know how to use this site, please send an email [identifying yourself]
to: [email protected] and I will gift you with a netflix account! use it sparingly as it is not mine!
thanks everybody!

MatteoFerrazzi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
ehm I'm still stuck here guys.. what do?

EDIT: NEVERMIND i GOT IT
3xws.png

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Tell us when you will have successfully restored them on your real card.

Don't assume you get help only if there are rewards. people are helping without waiting anything in return.
I don't have any use of a netflix account. Though, you shouldn't offer things which are not yours.

MatteoFerrazzi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
thanks everybody! it worked.
unfortunately, it was the wrong memory card backup, but that's on me. I will need to hunt down the raw backup or the card itself.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: y