Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
pokeforce said:
I read it but i can't find it ;(Obviously you didn't since there's a section specifically for pokemon.
QUOTE(pokeforce @ Oct 9 2009, 10:26 AM) And i want to make my Own Translation i don't post it here
Don't bother.
1). You won't catch up to the people who started long before you.
2). Your translation won't come CLOSE to those who know how to read Japanese.
3). GoogleTranslate is -NOT- your friend. You'll only end up confusing yourself... even more.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeeaahhh...If you're Translating Pokemon Heart Gold/ Soul Silver, it's basically useless and not needed. There are like, what, 8 Translation Projects out there? Don't even try to make a Translation for Pokemon HG/SS. Why don't you translate the Games that ACTUALLY NEED TRANSLATING, for Once.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I am r4ymond said:
Why don't you translate the Games that ACTUALLY NEED TRANSLATING, for Once.
Because guys like this CAN'T translate.
They think they can use GoogleTranslate and get an accurate translation.
Artlan and I, when working on the Ragnarok DS translation would use GoogleTranslate to translate some lines and laugh at how big of a mess the output was. Things were so jumbled that even knowing what was supposed to be said and having the context from playing the game, the GoogleTranslation made ZERO sense. You couldn't even make it sensible by rephrasing the words.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
twiztidsinz said:
I am r4ymond said:
Why don't you translate the Games that ACTUALLY NEED TRANSLATING, for Once.
Because guys like this CAN'T translate.
They think they can use GoogleTranslate and get an accurate translation.
Artlan and I, when working on the Ragnarok DS translation would use GoogleTranslate to translate some lines and laugh at how big of a mess the output was. Things were so jumbled that even knowing what was supposed to be said and having the context from playing the game, the GoogleTranslation made ZERO sense. You couldn't even make it sensible by rephrasing the words.

Basically, Google Translate wasn't really Effective, right? Then What kind of Translating tool did you use? Bing?

DarthNemesis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am r4ymond said:
Basically, Google Translate wasn't really Effective, right? Then What kind of Translating tool did you use? Bing?
A human brain with actual knowledge of the Japanese language.

WataruKun

Rom translator.
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DarthNemesis said:
I am r4ymond said:
A human brain with actual knowledge of the Japanese language.
Yep, basically. And it's not something that happens in days, nor monthes. I've been studying Japanese for years now and I can still barely understand spoken Japanese. For text, I still need a dictionary for nouns and stuff. But I still understand the grammar and everything.

InuYasha

Professional Coke Fiend
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
pokeforce said:
But how can i translate it ?

with what program

There is no special program that will let you translate games right from the get go,your looking for the easy road which doesn't exsist so unless your plan to be serious about it (which I doubt you will be) you honestly should stop asking silly questions.....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night