Hacking How to tell if your DX DSTT is a FAKE.

jjgp08

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.cyclods-evolution.com
XP
Country
Tanas said:
I received 10 from dealextreme today so I decided to open one to see whether it was real or fake and to my disappointment it was a fake, all 10 are the same as shown in the picture in the upper-left.
I also have a DSTT which I bought before the fakes with the gold dot appeared and that's the one shown in the upper-right.

10 fake DSTTs!
hate2.gif

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
piglight said:
Hi guys. I have been a lurker on the forums for a few months and have now decided it was time to join up.

I got a DSTT from DX a few days ago. At first glance it appears to be real, with only the epoxy throwing me off a bit.

Welcome to GBAtemp! I believe it's real! If I'm not mistaken, all of the fakes currently have flat microSD holders, whereas the real ones are curved. See this post for more info: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?s=&showto...t&p=1584543

-Bri

chrisman01

Trophies
Website
empireofsteel.thecomicseries.com
XP
Country
United States
I ordered 2 dstts from dx on 12/31/08. today is 1/17/09, and I haven't seen anything.

DX says they shipped 1/4/09, and the hong kong post says it shipped 1/8/09.

My Dad works at the postal plant in Hampden, Maine, and he says the shipping system is way messed up. Once my package reaches the US, it's gonna got through LA. then it'll go cross country to Maine. Then it might go to Bangor International Airport, and from there to the processing plant. However, since today is a holiday weekend, if it reached the plant today it will go all the way down to southern Maine, to the plant near Portland. THEN it will go back to the Hampden plant, and from there to my place.
wacko.gif

So, while DX and the Hong Kong Post says it should have arrived the week of 1/12/09, it won't reallyarrive until sometime next week.

confused yet?
wacko.gif

moogle.gif

indask8

New Member Forever
Trophies
XP
Country
France
QUOTE said:
So, while DX and the Hong Kong Post says it should have arrived the week of 1/12/09

DX or HKP says nowhere it should arrive at a precise day...

Or maybe you are referring to the "ship in 1 to 3 days" which means "ship from DX in 1 to 3 days", and not "will be in your mailbox in 1 to 3 days".

Actually, all DX orders takes between 5-15 days after it "left hong kong" as stated on the tracking page of the hongkong post website...

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If you wind up with fake flash carts, install the "safe" version of 1.17 (with the fake-killer code disabled):

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=4477

Note that you'll need the "TTMENU" folder from the official version, but do NOT install "TTMENU.DAT" from the official version (instead use the "TTMENU.DAT" from the above link).

-Bri

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
foaley said:
Does anyone have a link to download the 1.15 Firmware in case I end up with Fake cards

I have bought 3 of these http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.10289

and 1 of these http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.15613

I just got some of the sku.15613 for a friend they are all real! they match the images when taken apart to the real ones on the ttds website and they all check out as TRUE with the fake checker/detecter!

the sku.10289 are likely to be fakes as the real ones come in the blister pack with no memory card reader!

so long as you either stick to the fake killer free safe 1.15 version or the fixed safe 1.16 and 1.17 versions from here they should be fine
smile.gif

beamquaker

Trophies
XP
Country
my god i just got my dstt card from dx and its real . it cost me £7. the first one i got was of gadget asia and its fake and it cost me £30. lets go attack there site for selling us fake goods that are 90 % of the time used to play pirated ds games . lay of deal extreme they are cheap and even if its fake you can still install a firmware without the fake killer . They cost £7 who gives a feck if there fake

foaley

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bri said:
If you wind up with fake flash carts, install the "safe" version of 1.17 (with the fake-killer code disabled):

Note that you'll need the "TTMENU" folder from the official version, but do NOT install "TTMENU.DAT" from the official version (instead use the "TTMENU.DAT" from the above link).

-Bri

is it ok to do this even if I have a Real card?

Also I can't find out where I put games do I make a Games folder in the root of the Memory card?

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
foaley said:
Bri said:

-Bri

is it ok to do this even if I have a Real card?

Also I can't find out where I put games do I make a Games folder in the root of the Memory card?

YES you can use the hacked TTMENU.dat on a real card its the same as the real one anyhow! it was just hacked so it does not kill fakes
smile.gif

just make a folder called games and put them in there ...main reason for that is so it does not suffer the too many files in the ROOT folder issue
smile.gif

paul3100

Trophies
XP
Country
Seems the ttds i just received from DX is fake as the web address is www.cndstt.com

Also the firmware on the site is v1.16 latest but the official is 1.17! and i can't for the life of me remove the back part of the case to get a look the the pcb, seems to be stuck down with superclue or something!

Saying all that as long as its working and using the fake killer removed kernel everything is ok :-)

paul

rasputin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been running 1.17 original on a cndstt.com cart now for over a week and half without problems. It's looking like the latest batch of fakes are safe from the killer code.... still testing

Evilmaster1985

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It so contains killer code else ud like to explain me wtf is this:

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=128510&st=0

The fact that you card isnt attacked by the killercode is a whole other view than the 1.17 not containing one. It could very well be that the chip in your DSTT isnt being detected as fake. However in next DSTT firmware they might also inplement support to kill also your chip. As you say yourself it do is fake. (Seeing the fact they put support to kill more carts that contain chips that are not theirs)

Because it does since 1.16 also I dont think the official site will drop the killercode.
For them its like the more cndstt carts down the better.

Greetz, Vistabuser.

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Vistabuser said:
It so contains killer code else ud like to explain me wtf is this:

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=128510&st=0

The fact that you card isnt attacked by the killercode is a whole other view than the 1.17 not containing one. It could very well be that the chip in your DSTT isnt being detected as fake. However in next DSTT firmware they might also inplement support to kill also your chip. As you say yourself it do is fake. (Seeing the fact they put support to kill more carts that contain chips that are not theirs)

Because it does since 1.16 also I dont think the official site will drop the killercode.
For them its like the more cndstt carts down the better.

Greetz, Vistabuser.

to add they swapped the older 1.15 firmware to so it now has killer code in!

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It is possible that the newest batches of fake DSTT's contain internal flash memory that is not writable. This would prevent the fake-killer code (and any future updates of similar code) from working on those (it works by scrambling the internal flash memory). Again, it is unclear whether there are actually fake flash carts that are impervious to the fake-killer firmware, but it is possible that there are.

-Bri

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I hope it's not a week.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's standard so doctors can get a idea about what's going on
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    understood
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    well, i'm glad he seems to be doing fine, and ig i'm going to start spewing goofy shit again
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update: Turns out he's epileptic
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also
    Also a food allergy study would be a good idea
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Turns out you can't sprinkle methamphetamine on McDonald's French fries
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    they wouldn't be called french fries at that point
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Probably just meth fries
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    White fries hold up
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @K3Nv2 sure you can
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    why tf do people hate android users? is it the video quality? just because "AnDrOiD = pOoR" bc they don't cost an arm and a leg like iphones do?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i won't be turned off by an iphone, but don't pick on me for having an android, that's just how this shit should work
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Should say more what these kind of android users say bout nokia 3310 users
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: Should say more what these kind of android users say bout nokia 3310 users