how to solve wii usbloadergx black screen

Hi everyone, i'm new here and just want to write a little post to help anyone that could have faced my same problem.

In the last days, i tried to configure everything i needed to make games wbfs work from an usb drive, the process i followed was basic: homebrew, cios 249/250/251 install and usbloadergx.

Now, everything was fine until i tried to actually put some games (through wii backup manager) on a fat32 usb stick: everytime i loaded my games the wii remote disconnected and the console just froze in a black screen state (i waited for long but nothing happened, everytime).
After every possible change, like cios reinstall and everything, i made a syscheck that reported everything in good state and was wondering why the games were not loading.

I thought it was an usb problem, since it's kind of hit or miss with usb sticks (i recommend using a HDD instead). However, the problem was not related to that (a friend of mine actually tried with an HDD but the problem was still there.

The actual solution was a rom problem: i was using only ntsc roms, but none of them worked, while pal roms seem to work without any issue. (it depends on your region, so try both ntsc and pal).

well, this being said, i'm no expert at wii softmodding, but this could maybe help someone in trouble.

conokeen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone, i'm new here and just want to write a little post to help anyone that could have faced my same problem.

In the last days, i tried to configure everything i needed to make games wbfs work from an usb drive, the process i followed was basic: homebrew, cios 249/250/251 install and usbloadergx.

Now, everything was fine until i tried to actually put some games (through wii backup manager) on a fat32 usb stick: everytime i loaded my games the wii remote disconnected and the console just froze in a black screen state (i waited for long but nothing happened, everytime).
After every possible change, like cios reinstall and everything, i made a syscheck that reported everything in good state and was wondering why the games were not loading.

I thought it was an usb problem, since it's kind of hit or miss with usb sticks (i recommend using a HDD instead). However, the problem was not related to that (a friend of mine actually tried with an HDD but the problem was still there.

The actual solution was a rom problem: i was using only ntsc roms, but none of them worked, while pal roms seem to work without any issue. (it depends on your region, so try both ntsc and pal).

well, this being said, i'm no expert at wii softmodding, but this could maybe help someone in trouble.
having this problem currently i use wiibackup manager and have an hdd and i always get the black scree. still havent found a solution

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
OP's solution isn't the only one, u can play other region games, but u may need to adjust video mode or language settings depending on the game

having this problem currently i use wiibackup manager and have an hdd and i always get the black scree. still havent found a solution
Syscheck
https://gbatemp.net/threads/posting-a-system-check.300279/

Could be your mods are missing /outdated

Update usbloader gx to the latest from oscwii.org, and confirm u have a good game rip as that could be the issue as well

Once we rule out the above and it's still not working, it's most likely a usb compatibility issue. U can try formatting the drive as wbfs to improve compatibility, which may or may not work and has negative consequences like not being able to be used for anything other than wii games. Or u could get a different hard drive, ideally not a small thumb/flash drive

Reactions: jeannotte

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-