Hardware How to softmod with System Menu 2.2U?

Slurppp29

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't used my wii for years and now I've decided to softmod it using the complete softmod guide (bannerbomb & bootmii). However, I found out that bannerbomb isn't compatible with system menu 2.2x. What should I do?

fartos32

Trophies
XP
Country
If you have Twilight Princess resurrect the dead Twilight hack. If not put in a disk containing a firmware update eg. Mario Galaxy or SSB Brawl and install that. No disk that I know of has the evil 4.3 firmware on it.

C.S.I.

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Just connect the WiFi, and do an official update to 4.3. ( I dont know how else to upgrade from such an old version) (Dont some of the later disks prompt you to update)

Then sit back and wait whilst the new bannerbomb and other hacks are released for 4.3.

Should have asked this question 2 weeks ago, then you could have officially upgraded to 4.2, and hacked away merrily =)

Glyptofane

Castaway
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
C.S.I. said:
Just connect the WiFi, and do an official update to 4.3. ( I dont know how else to upgrade from such an old version) (Dont some of the later disks prompt you to update)

Then sit back and wait whilst the new bannerbomb and other hacks are released for 4.3.

Should have asked this question 2 weeks ago, then you could have officially upgraded to 4.2, and hacked away merrily =)

Why are you telling him to update to 4.3? This is not helpful at all.

C.S.I.

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well, I believe the only way to update is by official means.

That means a. disks (to whatver version the disk has, if disks will even do it - preferable as it will be 4.2 at best, or b. official ninti via internet.

He's waited years to hack it, upgrading to 4.3 and waiting another 2 weeks wont kill him, will it??

toejam316

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Don't listen to C.S.I. - find a copy of Twilight Princess or get your hand on any game released in the last year or two, and let the disc update your console.
Then, run bannerbomb and away you go! It shouldn't be hard to get a game either - you could always (since you're American) go into the local Gamestop and buy a cheap preowned game like Twilight Princess or something (I assume that'd only set you back $15-$20 at this point)

Kikoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
What everyone is saying, Don't Listen to C.S.I as the name states, is just a crime waiting to happen
tongue.gif
. Haha kidding
but really don't don't do an official update, get a disk that will prompt you for the update, then softmod the hell out of that firmware, after that use this Guide to get you right on the "latest" firmware with all the tidbits * even though the guide doesn't mention Hemers is installed.. it is lol, and everything you need to use USB/SD backups is installed as well, except the MIOS(GameCube), Hermes V4 222/223 cIOS,Waninoko Rev19 u should download yourself tho
tongue.gif
, after that!, you're set! just follow the guide after doing the hack first
smile.gif
and you're set buddy.

This is the GUIDE btw
smile.gif
http://gbatemp.net/t171901-modify-any-wii-4-2-below

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Si :D +1