Hacking How To Softmod (Hack) Your PSP

Langin

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
question:

I played a few games with my hacked PSP, but with every game except 'Crisis Core Final Fantasy VII' the music stops playing after a few moments.

Games like: Warriors Orichi, Tekken 6, Soul Caliber and a few others.

How can I fix this?

Langin

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
question:

I played a few games with my hacked PSP, but with every game except 'Crisis Core Final Fantasy VII' the music stops playing after a few moments.

Games like: Warriors Orichi, Tekken 6, Soul Caliber and a few others.

How can I fix this?

What CFW and MSPD are you using?

MSP=memory stick pro duo right? 8GB Sandisk(green thing ehm you can look trough it) ehm the latest CFW you(the one in this tread) need to run a program before you can launch any homebrew or ISO.

whitefinger

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I installed 6.35-pro B9 on my PSP Go and it was simple as pie. I was able to login to PSN with no problems. I have a bunch of legit PSN games from my previous PSP that I still had on an M2 card, so I popped that in and verified my system on PSN. If I try playing them I get the error "The game could not be started.(80020148)

Any idea what`s going on. I can still play the copy of Rock Band Unplugged that was included in the system.

Thanks.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
You're missing the license file. Download the games from the PSN using Media Go onto your PC, and then transfer them to your PSP and that should then work.

roguetrip

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I updated from 5.00m33-6 to 6.20 Pro-C now. No real reason, hopefully it doesn't break anything for me :)

Any real reason to update to 6.20 Pro-C. I'm hoping to see a nice speed increase in memory card. CSO's kinda lagged/hitched on my PSP2k. I don't do anything with PSN. Mainly emulators/ISO's/ps1

Just wanted to say thanks, and OP, your link to the 6.20 Pro Permanant links to 6.60 Pro.

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Any real reason to update to 6.20 Pro-C. I'm hoping to see a nice speed increase in memory card. CSO's kinda lagged/hitched on my PSP2k. I don't do anything with PSN. Mainly emulators/ISO's/ps1
PRO has a feature to boost the mem card's speed, so you can try that. It's under Advanced options in recovery menu (press select, recovery menu, Advanced)

As for CSO's lagging, that's natural. Some games might work better when it's compressed, some lag, some are unaffected. If you don't want to deal with lags, you can just use an ISO version.

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
Just a word of warning. You must log into the PSN store on the PSP and activate your PSP on the PSP itself before you can transfer stuff from your PS3 over. If you try to activate it on your PS3 it will fail. And yes, I have the correct usbversion.txt and am on 6.20 B10. I assume the same applies to MediaGo as well.

Dalrint

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, question. I'm running 6.39 ME-9.6 on an old psp2000 (the silver one that came with Daxter's something something foreeever ago) and having trouble with some of my psx isos and popsloader that worked fine before I updated. They just won't launch at all (like chrono cross and ffviii) but they did work before. I didn't take them off the memory card or anything. And I uploaded to what I think is the 'proper' version of popsloader for this...

Would switching over to one of these cfw versions help? I pretty much just use my psp as a portable psx so the games not working is kind of making it pointless.

Willemoke

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have a psp E1004 withouth wifi etc and it's on 6.60.
I would like to have it permanentaly flashed, is it possible to downgrade this psp to 6.20 and then flash it with permanent firmware?

Thanks in advance!

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
OP
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
I have a psp E1004 withouth wifi etc and it's on 6.60.
I would like to have it permanentaly flashed, is it possible to downgrade this psp to 6.20 and then flash it with permanent firmware?

Thanks in advance!
As it never had 6.20 to begin with you cannot downgrade "naturally", the Chronoswitch downgrader might work, but I wouldn't risk it without confirmation from people that have one.

Dalrint

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The POPSloader version for 5.x firmwares is different than the one for 6.x firmwares, try the new one out.

http://gbatemp.net/t...on-pro-b10-cfw/

Okay, so I tried this. I turned off my popsloader plugins, removed all the files from my mem card, and went through the installation for the version in that tutorial. I seem to be back where I started though. All the other games launch, but if I try to launch FF8 or CC, it doesn't work. With the later pops versions, it just sits forever at a black screen, and with the older ones (below 5.00) It crashes with an error 80000004 message. Which used to be about saved games? So I removed the saved games and tried again...same thing.

Oy. I'm honestly considering downgrading my firmware at this point, which would be frustrating in and of itself.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
OP
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Is there any reason to get a PSP 2,000+ or is PSP 1,000 just as capable as the others?
The 1000+ is fatter and heavier, but also older meaning the batteries in any 1K out there might be heading towards their death (it has been 6-7 years since the 1K model came out). In addition the 1000 only has 32MB of RAM versus the 64MB in all the others. This doesn't directly affect normal gaming, but some homebrew can make use of it.

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, a problem.

Trying to get this stupid thing to at least connect online, and it refuses to. Just keeps saying "a connection error has occurred."

Even after painstakingly re-entering the goddamn password to my main router several times, it refuses to actually connect and at least be able to get online.

Is there any way I can say, have it copy the network settings on my ps3 (known working) to the PSP? Or from a text file or something? I'm really getting tired of having to re-enter this password from scratch and have it STILL reject.

*EDIT* Well, managed to get it online with the backup router... I'd have still rathered use my main router, since it is faster (g vs. b) and stronger security.

Makes me wish that there was a way to copy the ps3's network settings so that I could clone them to the PSP Go. But of course, $ony won't support or be bothered to make such an ability.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, The Russians are after you lol.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Send me your ip I'll remotely fix it
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 my head needs fixing if I believe you
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it's kinda fun watching it happen tho
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It needs fixing for other things but your pc I can fix
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    over 300+ virus/trojians/worms after scanning, what did I do to deserve this attention lol
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    tho I find it funny when i receive other people's pc/laptops in this state
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i wont be upgrading unless I cant run the games i want anymore
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spill water on it good excuse
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 that's like a valid option if someone else is paying for ya
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Daddy's wallet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ngl hogwarts legacy has good pooping music
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    That's uh-
    That's certainly a Dairy Queen sign lmao
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You should see his help wanted signs
    Ugh, so many sweat-dipwads in Sploon 3 Anarchy mode tonight
    I didn't know this was "Make Octo never finish Fresh Season 2024 Catalog in Splatoon 3" month, good god
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of "confirming" games you know will get released. Like Nintendo "confirming" a Zelda sequel. "We can't be sure Nintendo is working on a new Zelda game, or if a new Zelda game will ever be released, until they officially confirm it."
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "There is literally no way to know if they will ever release a new Zelda game, it's wild speculation until they officially confirm it."
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Black ops was the lesser shitter line in cock a poopoo tbf just a way to let people know it hasn't died or going a different route I guess
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $70 DLC per 6 months is what it turned into
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/R28ZSY2Sc2A?si=H5Lb6PNkzMhAHO_P